Osu! Tatakae!! Ouendan

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Don't know if anyone has brought this game up, but let me just say that this is an absolute MUST HAVE for the DS. This is one of the funnest games I have ever played in a long time. The music is great (espcially if you like j-pop), it is challenging, and the manga is very funny (and actually quite moving on some). The game has a lot of Japanese text, but is very easy to pick up and even if you can't read what's going on, you will figure it out from the pictures. For those of you who can read Japanese, the dialog is great (especially the one where the boy wants to propose to his girlfriend but has to battle her father at the Japanese festival). Good stuff guys! Pick it up!

There is no way this game will ever get ported to the US, and even it did, it would lose something because there is no way you could localize this and pay the greedy record companies at the same time (I am sorry but I can't see playing this game to Kanye West). It is games like this, Tohoku Daigaku, and such which are really setting the DS apart from the PSP. Nintendo is taking the DS in a good direction by making games that are innovative, quick to learn, and most important FUN TO PLAY (boy isn't that something that has gone out of style these past years)! ???????

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Eldios said:
Don't know if anyone has brought this game up, but let me just say that this is an absolute MUST HAVE for the DS. This is one of the funnest games I have ever played in a long time. The music is great (espcially if you like j-pop), it is challenging, and the manga is very funny (and actually quite moving on some). The game has a lot of Japanese text, but is very easy to pick up and even if you can't read what's going on, you will figure it out from the pictures. For those of you who can read Japanese, the dialog is great (especially the one where the boy wants to propose to his girlfriend but has to battle her father at the Japanese festival). Good stuff guys! Pick it up!

There is no way this game will ever get ported to the US, and even it did, it would lose something because there is no way you could localize this and pay the greedy record companies at the same time (I am sorry but I can't see playing this game to Kanye West). It is games like this, Tohoku Daigaku, and such which are really setting the DS apart from the PSP. Nintendo is taking the DS in a good direction by making games that are innovative, quick to learn, and most important FUN TO PLAY (boy isn't that something that has gone out of style these past years)! ???????

I agree, this is a fantastic game. I picked it up last month and have played a lot of it. Even though it is in Japanese, you really do not need to understand it, thanks to the great pictures.

It offers a two player mode but requires two carts. I am still thinking about picking up another cart as this is one of my favorite games.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Oh shit, this game looks too fucking cool. Might have to pick this up soon!

This bodes well for the game.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - August 10, 2005
Dance the night away on the Nintendo DS in this quirky Japanese release, from the creators of Gitaroo-Man.

Here is a link to some vids. Looks awesome :cool:

Q-

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
BIG said:
Interesting.

What kind of game is it?

B-

I would consider it a music/action game. The game uses the stylus to tap spots on the screen as they pop up. It is similar to a DDR game but the circles have numbers in them and will appear in different locations. This all occurs while some pretty good music plays.

The top screen displays a person(s) in need of your help. How you do, will decide if the person is okay or not. The cut scenes are very well done and most of them are very entertaining.

It is a very unique game that is perfect for the DS.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I cannot believe no one has expressed more interest here. This game is the absolute BEST DS game right now. If you don't want to take my word for it, do a search for google and see what other people are saying. Import it so we can talk about it! It is a must have.

PS The last level of this game is one of the hardest fuckin things I have ever attempted in a game. I must have tried 20 times already.......

BIG

sony fanboy
This game is a definite must-have.

If you own a NDS and you do not own this game......you're missing out BIG TIME.

B-

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
Bought it last month. It's freakin' hard on regular difficulty and sorta hard on easy difficulty, but well worth the money. :)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I watched the game movies... too funny not to get, and I love the J-Pop, so I plan on getting this and Band Brothers imported from Play-Asia... as soon as they let me know if they will be able to get Band Brothers in stock again, right now it says 'ship in approximately 1 week.'

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Eldios said:
I cannot believe no one has expressed more interest here.

I ordered it the day you posted this thread ;)

Should be here early next week!

Q-

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I'm glad I was able to convince a couple people to buy this game. It really is a fun and unique experience. I am currently stuck on the last stage on normal mode (I haven't played easy yet). It is so incredibly hard!!

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
After countless attempts, I have finally beat the game on normal mode (easy was a breeze). Man the last level was a bitch! I cannot beleive there are 4 difficulty leves in the game. I don't think there is any way I can clear all of them.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
glad you posted this, I had never heard of the game before and never bothered to look into it on PLay-Asia but this is now a sure buy in the near future (hopefully it will drop in price a little) unless someone want to sell it used :D

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
How is everyone coming on this game? I've made it to the last stage on hard mode, but cannot pass it yet. It seems that you pretty much need 300s on every beat or else you cannot do it. Also, if you miss one beat it's pretty much over. I have never seen the "ki" bar go down so fast before!! Let's hear where everyone is at.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
As luck would have it I actually beat the game on hard mode and have made it to insane mode with the cheerleaders. This mode offers a completely new challenge because the dots are much smaller and much faster, so they are harder to hit. However, you are allowed more misses, so it is balanced. Man I cannot sing this game's praises enough. How is everyone else coming? OSSSSSS!!

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I started this game on Normal and played a while and then switched to Easy.

I have not played mine in a while but have been thinking of importing another copy for the two player mode.

BIG

sony fanboy
Eldios said:
As luck would have it I actually beat the game on hard mode and have made it to insane mode with the cheerleaders. This mode offers a completely new challenge because the dots are much smaller and much faster, so they are harder to hit. However, you are allowed more misses, so it is balanced. Man I cannot sing this game's praises enough. How is everyone else coming? OSSSSSS!!

How do I access Hard and Insane mode?

As far as progression goes,I'm barely at scenario 8...:emb:

B-

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
You have to beat the game on Normal to get Hard mode, and you have to beat the game on Hard to get Insane. I won't lie, it is not easy to beat the game on Normal and Hard. The last stage is hard as hell. It must have taken me about 20 attempts. Don't give up! Os!!

BIG

sony fanboy
Eldios said:
You have to beat the game on Normal to get Hard mode, and you have to beat the game on Hard to get Insane. I won't lie, it is not easy to beat the game on Normal and Hard. The last stage is hard as hell. It must have taken me about 20 attempts. Don't give up! Os!!

Cool,thanks for the heads-up.

BTW,do you actually get to use the female cheerleading squad in Insane mode?

B-

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Now I gotta get this game...anyone have the hook-up?

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
BIG said:
Cool,thanks for the heads-up.

BTW,do you actually get to use the female cheerleading squad in Insane mode?

B-

Yep, sure do! Instead of "Iku ze" they say "Iku wa yo" right before you start. If you do not know anything about Japanese, Iku wa yo is a much more femanine way of saying "Let's go/begin" and "Iku ze" is a very masculine way of saying the same thing.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Spike said:
Now I gotta get this game...anyone have the hook-up?

All of the big importers (Lik-Sang, Play Asia) have it. Also I am pretty sure you can get it on ebay.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Fuck! I'm still waiting on mine to get here, it's taking forever from Lik-Sang :mad:

I'll post my thoughts as soon as I get it though.

Q-

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I placed my order last week, got the confirmed 'shipping went out' email about 3 days ago. With any luck I shall receive it before I go on vacation. :buttrock: