OSSC & Framemeister experiences

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Im in the UK and have a OSSC. Make sure all your consoles are able to output RGB as well as 60Hz for the best picture quality. The device is amazing and well worth the money. When a game is running in 5x mode it looks absolutely stunning.

I won't lie tho I still prefer to use my crt for my retro gaming but the OSSC is the perfect device for when I want to bring out the odd console and run it on my 50" plasma in the main room.

pva

Overtop Pathfinder
The RetroTINK-2X looks like an interesting alternative/complement to the OSSC. It will convert a composite, S-Video or component signal to HDMI, and do 240p/480i/288p/576i passthrough with 150 microseconds of lag. Not bad.

Apparently Matt from VideoGamePerfection is working on bringing a batch of these to market. I'd love to snap up one so I could finally ditch my FM, which I'm only keeping around for connecting my C64 to my plasma TV.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The RetroTINK-2X looks like an interesting alternative/complement to the OSSC. It will convert a composite, S-Video or component signal to HDMI, and do 240p/480i/288p/576i passthrough with 150 microseconds of lag. Not bad.
I wasn't aware of that, sounds like a good potential option for composite and s-video. I'll have to keep an eye on the development.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Oh wow, I didn't know about that RetroTink either. Looks like a great option for those devices still stuck in composite or svideo.

pva

Overtop Pathfinder
An update on the RetroTINK-2X:

RetroTINK-2X is ready for pre-order! I'm starting an initial pilot run of 50 units. Since the initial quantity is very low, the price will be a bit higher at $110 plus S/H. It'll be a nice, complete assembled kit with a plexiglass enclosure. I'll follow up with a pre-order link on the website soon. It should be shipping in about 5-6 weeks, which is how long it takes for my PCB vendor in China to fab the boards. For those of you that can wait longer, a larger production run will be coming in the next months. I'll probably work with distributors rather than selling the devices myself. The price point should be a bit lower by then.

The pre-order link is active right now:

http://www.retrotink.com/#Products