Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
St(y)ay, I don't got any problems with them. The more Neo gamers the better
wink.gif

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Its a shame that as a group we were unable to act mature enough to welcome them fairly.

They seem to be a much more diverse group than us. Accepting them (or not) as a group was wrong. They are so individualistic that just about any assumption is wrong.
It's a shame they are pretty much vote'n 90%+ to leave.
With time we all would probably get along great.

You'd think our mean age was 13 rather than 25+.

Testament

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well, if ON does come back, I'm still going to stick around. There are some pretty cool people here.
smile.gif

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pichai:
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

There's more to discuss here beside the Orochinagi. Let them do what they want to do. Taking a vote will do nothing more than opening up old wounds. Just remmeber -- Minds are like parachutes; they work best when they are open.

-Pichai
Good point Pichai but the point was not to open up old wounds. I personally was taking a shot at having a majority of the Neo Geo .com people admit they would like the ON. com people to stay. And that looks like that is the case. They have to decide as a group what is best for their community. But seeing that they are appriciated here(and it is very true) may help relieve some tension.

M

Magitek_X

I may have misjudged NGs. I'm just as guilty.

Perdon Fran.

Sorry Caris for you invading your bb. I didn't spam. I only warned you to not allow unregistered posting there.
biggrin.gif

And I was going to post my SMJ review. You can still have it if you want to.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Magitek_X:
I may have misjudged NGs. I'm just as guilty.

Perdon Fran.

Sorry Caris for you invading your bb. I didn't spam. I only warned you to not allow unregistered posting there.
biggrin.gif

And I was going to post my SMJ review. You can still have it if you want to.

its alright

im really tired of this whole versus thing now

i dont hate anyone

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
and i'm really sick

sick of all the words....

i will enjoy the silence for a while

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yes, Please stay ON Members. The Bigger the community the better.

------------------
fetch.dll

Don't plague the gaming market :)

D

donkeyman

Finally everyone is cool again. They should stay here, I was wrong judging so many of them without knowing them, But give them an EMU-Room, then noone will be bothered by EMU-Threads in other rooms anymore.

------------------
The path of the Ronin is long and hard

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
THEY DONT BELONG, THEY ARENT HAPPY, THIER RULES SUCK.......

CALL ME CLOSED MINDED BUT THE BEST SOLUTION IS FOR THEM TO LEAVE.....
HEH, THERES A FEW COOL ONES, A FEW REASONABLE ONES.....BUT REALLY......

NAY.......
(IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE YOU LET THEM FREE.....TO BE HAPPY)
NOT THAT I LOVE THEM, ITS AN EXPRESSION......ITS BETTER THEY ARE HAPPY BECAUSE THEY WILL NEVER FIT IN UNHAPPY.......

AND IM NOT SORRY FOR ANYTHING......
ITS SO EASY TO FORGET THE BLIND HATRED THROWN AT YOU IN TIMES OF GOOD ISNT IT?

ALL THE INSULTS, THE ASSUMPTIONS THE FLOODING THE SPAMMING, THE ARGUEMENTS.......

.......ILL BE THE LAST TO MISS THEM......
DEVIL_GUI

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I think it should come down to a matter of whoever feels comfortable with the board and the members, they should feel welcome to stay. Personally, I think there's quite a few ON members that would be well to do here. The biggest problem I had with the whole merger was the fact that SO MANY ON members shot straight into mod positions in such little time, and with these positions came new rules. That "no signature" crap is for the birds. I've been posting here since September of 2000, and used sigs most of that time. And now, a bunch of people just waltz in and tell me I'm eatting up bandwidth? That sucks.

The thing is, this whole merger could've gone smooth if so many new faces didn't pop up into positions of authority. I'm no mod, I'm not around enough to justify getting a position like that, and I don't wanna be a mod. But the mods that were already here were doing a fine job of everything, plus it's easier getting a rule layed out for you by somebody who's been here as long or longer than you. Not somebody you hardly know telling you how it's gonna change all of a sudden.

Again, this isn't directed as a personal attack against ON member or the mods. But hopefully I've illustrated where the animosity stemmed. If ON members wanna hang around, then fine. But I still think rules and things within the boards should start going back to how they were.

I guess you could say I vote yay. Yay, with a stipulation or two...

Lou_Gojira2.jpg

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
i was meaning to join ON.com for a while, but i would get busy and just forget, yeah i know, takes like 5 seconds, but sometimes i just get caught up in things, anyway when i finally remember to go join it takes me here, hence how im new and all...but dont get me wrong, i like it here just as much as i liked checking out ON, but if it wasnt for that i wouldn't be here...and out of the few post ive done, everyone has been really nice, i dont see how people who seem to do so well together could be having discussions on to leaving or voting people out...if people want to leave, they can leave, but i dont think its fair to just vote them off because they are use to different rules or something, so i say yae let them stay if they want...i plan on staying even though it isnt the board i intended on joining...

------------------
hmhmhmhmmhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! - I.Y. n8

P

Professor_Mayhem

I see no real problem with allowing the ON folks to stay. It's just too bad this site doesn't have anything other than a forum to offer them. I liked the old Wu-Tech site, had some good content. I hope they enjoy screenshots and photos of all the carts, cause that's all you can really find here.

professor_mayhem.jpg

[This message has been edited by Professor_Mayhem (edited April 22, 2001).]

A_Sombra

New Challenger
I thought it was proposed that most of the info and movies were going to come here too. If that happens then ONers will have their content. The question is will the hard-core gamers be able to find a common ground with the hard-core collectors?

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
The biggest problem I had with the whole merger was the fact that SO MANY ON members shot straight into mod positions in such little time, and with these positions came new rules.

The thing is, this whole merger could've gone smooth if so many new faces didn't pop up into positions of authority. I'm no mod, I'm not around enough to justify getting a position like that, and I don't wanna be a mod. But the mods that were already here were doing a fine job of everything, plus it's easier getting a rule layed out for you by somebody who's been here as long or longer than you. Not somebody you hardly know telling you how it's gonna change all of a sudden.
I have to reply here Lou as these were my EXACT feelings initially. You expressed yourself like a gentleman, but I threw a hissy fit.
redface.gif
Many thanks to Neo Rasa and Whip's Disciple for helping to cool me off.
wink.gif
. I think it boils down to a matter of style and I respect Shawn and Gunsmith for coming to a compromise on moderation. IMHO I would accept a LITTLE more moderation and rules if it meant gaining some of the terrific people in the original ON. com community as regulars while keeping the great Neo Geo .com hardcore members. I cannot thank everyone enough for their replies!
biggrin.gif

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
Orochinagi and neogeo.com should be together.Individually we are strong but together we are a force that even SRK and tekken zaibatsu must acknowledge.together we stand,divided we fall.....

------------------
LETS BURN IT UP!