Original Slug port coming for GBA

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Honestly, no, they should not. They should be doing a compilation for the PSP. Even if it was on the DS it would be better than GBA. Playmore is so last decade it's not even funny.

Port Packs for PSP w/ Online Match Service would be very nice.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Port Packs for PSP w/ Online Match Service would be very nice.

Hell yeah.... but anyway, I'll take this port of MS1 to the GBA, provided they can do it justice. MS1 is still an awesome game in my book, I never get bored of it!

Kaz

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Sounds like a great idea, but by the time it REALLY gets realeased (4 years from now), who'll care. Why pre-order, SNKP kept blowing their Metal Slug Advance date , why would it be different now. How hard can it be to port a pre-existing 2-d game on the GBA? They can keep it, I'll play the real deal on my BIG RED. :smirk:

Oh yeah, I'm tired of paying for their crappy spoon-feeding. Don't make me pay $30 dollars for just one old game, give me the whole series or at least a couple games on one cart. :very_ang:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Kazuya_UK said:
Hell yeah.... but anyway, I'll take this port of MS1 to the GBA, provided they can do it justice. MS1 is still an awesome game in my book, I never get bored of it!

Kaz

They need to port over,

MS2
MSX
MS3
MS4
MS5

Metal Slug Mission 1&2 need to be remade for the
GBA or the DS. :drool: :kekeke:

Maybe MS6 later on too. I like the life bar idea in
MS Advance though. :kekeke:

Would anyone buy a port of Shock Troopers if it
came out on the GBA or the DS?. :kekeke:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I will be buying this...I love the some of the oddities that surface for the GBA.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Badass.

Too bad I'll probably be in college by the time the damn thing actually releases, though.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Shawn Carr2o said:

Can you say "fuck yeah!!!"? :buttrock:

Kaz

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Honestly, no, they should not. They should be doing a compilation for the PSP. Even if it was on the DS it would be better than GBA. Playmore is so last decade it's not even funny.
I don't know...by the time it comes out, DS may have gone the way of the Virtual Boy. GBA is a safer bet, and I like seeing it continue to get support. PSP might have sharper graphics, but it also might have mid-level loading. I'll take GBA.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I don't know.

Well I do.
With the kind of mainstream acceptance (not ours) that P is vying for they are wasting thier time with the GBA.
Yes, under thier current BS trend of taking years to PORT (not make) a single game they COULD miis the perfect timing with the DS. But if they would pull thier heads out of thier collective asses and learn that porting a game can be cone relitively quikly than thier wares would be more effective in the market place. Metal Slug Advance was a perfect example of this.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:

I think they are choosing the gba because it has a huge base of users to work with.. the metal slug francise is already bought by a select few and by limiting the hardware user base to the ds or psp then even less units of the game would be sold.. In the end i think they are after making money on a old francise.

(although on a sidenote i would like to see graphical improvements on ether the psp or ds, would be nice but unlikely)

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
If SNKP wants to win me over and not rape me of my money, they need to retitle this to "Metal Slug: Compilation". I bet you could put a lot on one of those PSP discs.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Why put this on the DS and limit your user base?

The DS takes GBA carts, and the GBA can handle Slug 1, so why not just release it for the GBA.

Anyway, they better leave the fekking blood & guts in this time.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Nice, i'll be picking this one up (probably japanese so i can see red blood squirt).
Honestly, i would prefer to see it on ds or psp instead, because i do not feel the gba is up to the task of a perfect port. I'd take loading to having the music loose its ooomph and the animation being stripped ala msx on psx. Even still, any slug is better then no slug. When ms3d hits i may have to retract that last statement.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
it's going to suck because the GBA doesn't have enough pixels to the screen to do the game justice, not can it push the sprites needed.

put it on the PSP instead.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Sounds good. I'll probably pick it up, unless I hear it's a shitty port. If it works out well, they should port the other slugs as well.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Will this port make the AES version drop in value? :D

Anyway I think this is good news, I'm happy they are using the GBA instead of the DS (I can't imagine how they would implement the touch screen, I heard Nintendo almost forces it :oh_no: ). Metal Slug Advance was in my opinion a decent game that showed that the GBA has enough potential for this kind of games, albeit of course they will always be inferior to the original. But come on, this is a portable console after all.

Superfamifreak

Kula's Diamond
20 Year Member
Shawn Carr2o said:

Well seeing as ST > MS of course I fuckin would!!!

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
They need to make a longer Metal Slug game
like MS 1st Mission & MS 2nd Mission with at
least 35 Missions because I love blowing stuff
up, Slugs, & I like the life bar too. Where is that
girl with the big! heavy backpack. :kekeke:

The zombies were hella! sick & cool looking. :eek: :kekeke:

If they smashed all the MS games together with
every level from all the games, new storyline,
choose weapons & switch between them like
in Neo Contra did plus a saving feature too. :kekeke: