Original MVS Cab and Cart Prices?

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
I just wondered back in the day what these were priced at? I see newer machines in arcades are 10K plus.

What did the MVS cab and MVS carts cost arcades back in the day? Did SNK have some sort of lease program or something?

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I just wondered back in the day what these were priced at? I see newer machines in arcades are 10K plus.

What did the MVS cab and MVS carts cost arcades back in the day? Did SNK have some sort of lease program or something?

Cabs were about $5k if I remember correctly (there were different cabs at different prices for a time). The games were $500-$1000 a piece. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
They did have carts that could be leased. These have a white shell and say, "SNKG" on the backs of them. These were rental carts.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The Japanese Metal Slug kits had MSRP of 98,000 yen, as compared to the homecart which was 29,800 yen.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
These have a white shell and say, "SNKG" on the backs of them. These were rental carts.
I thought I remember reading about these some time ago...I just got a Last Blade 2 JP cart that is white with the SNKG stamp.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
The Japanese Metal Slug kits had MSRP of 98,000 yen, as compared to the homecart which was 29,800 yen.

Holy cow! I guess we really are getting these games at bargains these days!

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Were the US cabs made here? Or were they shipped over from Japan? It seems they are all dated inside with initials or place it was built?

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks Panda!

I have read HardMVS for the last couple years looking at getting my own cab.

I didnt know if maybe different versions for different regions all exported from same place. But that answers my question.

What are the initials by the date? Did SNK US just do one huge run of cabs or did they make them for a long time? The ones I have seen are always from very early 90s like mine. Didnt know if there were like cabs from mid to late 90s aswell?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks Panda!

I have read HardMVS for the last couple years looking at getting my own cab.

I didnt know if maybe different versions for different regions all exported from same place. But that answers my question.

What are the initials by the date? Did SNK US just do one huge run of cabs or did they make them for a long time? The ones I have seen are always from very early 90s like mine. Didnt know if there were like cabs from mid to late 90s aswell?

That I don't know, maybe someone else could chime in?