Oni-Con 4 Houston, TX Oct 19th-21st 2007

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Alright,

Another year another event,

These year I have about 3 times the space for arcade and console gaming (6,000 sq ft) and there will also be a Taito Type X2 with KOF MI Regulation A, Neo Print, Several Cabs and of course console gaming. Full write up on tournaments can be found here

http://www.snk-capcom.com/news/archives/00000061.htm

We also of course will have the usal Anime fare (Viewing room, J-POP band, panels, Cosplay etc.)

Sabertooth games has assisted with finding a host for our UFS tournaments.

and the band this year is Rentrer en Soi http://www.jhouserock.com/portal/

whew. more to come later

Last edited:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I'll be there. Just look for the pale hairy guy screwing with the cosplayers :)

Hope to meet some of the TX members while I'm out in Houston.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
We used to sell stuff in the artist's alley, but Jin can't deal with G. R. Brown, so we won't be making it again this time :( Too bad, too, cause I'd like to check out the X2.

And Giby, does that really narrow you down any? :p

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I'll be in the arcade room most the time, not sure what I'll have on, but that's the best way to describe me....I might have a Dodgers hat on if it helps :p

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Giby said:
I'll be in the arcade room most the time, not sure what I'll have on, but that's the best way to describe me....I might have a Dodgers hat on if it helps :p

I can vouch for this. :D

I swear to return to Oni-Con one of these years. Hope you have an awesome con this year!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Just bought New Monitors for my 2, 4 and 6 slot So I must say they are looking 100% better. My 50 still is a bit rough but it's a bit hard to work on the projections. So thats 4 mvs cabs. Add the Neo Print and that should be enought to tie down any neo fan :)

Since the room is large I am debating on bringing the PachiSlots for fun to fill in the extra space. I have the Metal Slug and Samura Shodown (now Kof yet). Although I am a little low on coinage for them. the only thing is they error out every once in while.

Now if only I can get a proto to Show :)

Have a lot of Capcom stuff as well as the type X2 with KOF MIRA.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Bruno, I am coming back down to Houston after all! I just got my press pass credentials approved so you'll see me up there! I'm bringing some of my friends up there and they can't wait to see your setup! Hell, I can't wait to see what you got too! :D

Peace and love!
Maury V.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Awesome,

I decided to bring my Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown Pachislots as well and it looks like I am going to have another surprise to annouce other then the usal stuff (but this time not SNK related), but I am saving it for a bit latter or until someone else spills it.

I am actually worried about the room space. At first I though 6,000 sqft would be enough but after I added in everything it maybe a little tighter on space then I would like.

Also for those in houston it looks like I will be doing a Computer Talk show to promote oni-con the wednesday before the convention if you want to listen in. although my voice is not real radio worthy. It will be posted on the main site http://www.oni-con.com with the date, station and time.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Hey Big Bruno! I have a friend that wants to bring his computer to the convention to showcase his Mugen. Will that be okay or will there be a lack of space available?

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Giby said:
I'll be there. Just look for the pale hairy guy screwing with the cosplayers :)

Hope to meet some of the TX members while I'm out in Houston.

There's a face you don't see everyday around no more... might be worth runnin' out to Houston just to say Hi.

Long time, regardless. How's it been?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Damn, I cannot wait forr this next week! I only went to Oni for one day last year and it was fantastic! These days will be so much better and i'll be able to film my podcast with no problem since I got my press pass!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Maury V. said:
Hey Big Bruno! I have a friend that wants to bring his computer to the convention to showcase his Mugen. Will that be okay or will there be a lack of space available?

Your Killing me..

Sorry no Mugen. It is just to much of a questionable issue and we are wanting to get additional industry vendors along with SNK and others.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
CrackerMessiah said:
There's a face you don't see everyday around no more... might be worth runnin' out to Houston just to say Hi.

Long time, regardless. How's it been?

Been ok over here. Still stuck in the desert doing the college thing. I'm going to be out there for a little over a week, I'm trying to meet a few people while I'm out there, if you can make it it'll be nice to hang out again.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Damn Giby, you're um.... still alive? :tickled: Have fun in my hometown dude.

Phil, as usual, I'd love to come, but I'm busy with attending UT Dallas during the year. Sorry man.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
Damn Giby, you're um.... still alive? :tickled: Have fun in my hometown dude.

Phil, as usual, I'd love to come, but I'm busy with attending UT Dallas during the year. Sorry man.

Sorry to hear you'll be missing out again.

I talked to the Video Game New York Guys and they do have Neo Geo Home Carts but were not planing on bringing any unless they get some requests. So if anyone is looking for something send them an email and you can pick it up at the show.

Oh and I wil be dressing up as a SNK character this year.... guess who...

Last edited:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Hmm, Big Bruno cosplaying. I wager you cosplaying as Yashiro! Nah, I dunno. Either way, i'm going to film you and various other stuff on episode five of my podcast The Spyder Host Club show. Can't wait till Friday! :D

Peace & love!
Maury V.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
"Host Club"? I hope your androgynous poor girl is actually somewhat attractive-looking.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Domino-chan said:
I can vouch for this. :D

I swear to return to Oni-Con one of these years. Hope you have an awesome con this year!

we're all going to kidnap you and bring you back to texas one day.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
It's a shame this caught me by surprise. I just moved back to Houston, but I'm in the process of closing on a house, which unfortunately costs a lot of money. Otherwise I would be there for sure.

I want to write a piece on this event for my website and my portfolio one day. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

Glad to see it has grown so much since its humble beginnings Phil, congrats on building something unique to the community here in Houston!

Hope everyone has a great time, and I'll be seeing you soon Giby :)

Marq

yes a comolete newb

just wanted to know what this is all about.... im an arcade gamer for svc chaos and was wondering what all happens at these kind of events. Are they havin a tourn for KOF maximum impact only?

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Hope everyone that came had a great time.

I am very tired now but all in all I think it went well. there will be some pictures posted later on the event.

Look for some bigger and better things next year. there maybe some more location test in the future....