One cred Magician Lord vid...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Emulator with savestates?

Machine hooked up to VCR?

Regardless, it reminds me of those days as a child watching those dudes who were really good at games in the arcade.

They dont make em like that anymore. Gives me a renewed appreciation for the game

Seppukumaru

New Challenger
Actually, it was hooked up to a digital camcorder (and then wired to the T.V. so I could actually see what the hell I was doing before we captured on the computer) but it's much like having it hooked up to a VCR. I'm terribly out of practice at it, so that video wasn't as good as it could have been; there was no reason to die at the frogs, I was just talking to somebody, and it's shameful that I was actually hit by Az-Atose, who is laughably easy.

Edit: Oh yeah, while I'm thinking about it, I intentionally lose the Samurai near the beginning of stage 3; that way I'd get the Raijin (who is very good for stage 3) and NOT the waterman, who is awful in every situation.

Last edited:

Cochese

n00b
Good work man, enjoyed the vid.

Id nevber seen past maybe level 4, shame they start repeating the music, nevermind though, great game.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Bravo, excellent vid.

I wanna record and find someone to host me 1cc'ing Ghost'N Goblins (NES version).

asshat

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I could get to the 2nd stage but no where close to the boss.

You are an awesome videogame player!

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Thanks for the vid Seppukumaru. Good stuff. Makes me feel even shittier about the fact that Magician Lord is one of my all time favourite games and I have still never beat it. Hell, I can't get past the 4th stage :(

Thanks to broken for hosting it too.

Q-

Seppukumaru

New Challenger
A big part of it is learning which forms are good in which situations. Remember, the water man and poseidon are NEVER good (in fact, the water man is literally a punishment) so avoid getting them by any means possible.

Edit: Oh yeah, another thing.. don't take too long. If you go in all the side doors in stages 2 and 4 (and 5) you'll probably get killed; if you survive for over a certain amount of time in a given stage (I should time this just to see how long it is) a big green thing which you can't kill floats down out of the air and kills you. If you go in the extra areas in stage 2 and four this is guaranteed to happen. I'm not sure about stage 5, but it's best to avoid those rooms anyway; most of them are tricks and are full of were-frogs.

Last edited:

Seppukumaru

New Challenger
Anyway, if anybody has any questions about it or wants some advice for playing it, feel free to ask.

Would anybody be interested in seeing a "no death" Contra: Hard Corps vid, even though it isn't neo-related?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Seppukumaru said:
Anyway, if anybody has any questions about it or wants some advice for playing it, feel free to ask.

Would anybody be interested in seeing a "no death" Contra: Hard Corps vid, even though it isn't neo-related?

Absolutely!

And thanks for the tips on ML ;)

Q-

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Seppukumaru said:

Yes. yes. Do it now.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Seppukumaru said:
Actually, it was hooked up to a digital camcorder (and then wired to the T.V. so I could actually see what the hell I was doing before we captured on the computer) but it's much like having it hooked up to a VCR. I'm terribly out of practice at it, so that video wasn't as good as it could have been; there was no reason to die at the frogs, I was just talking to somebody, and it's shameful that I was actually hit by Az-Atose, who is laughably easy.

Edit: Oh yeah, while I'm thinking about it, I intentionally lose the Samurai near the beginning of stage 3; that way I'd get the Raijin (who is very good for stage 3) and NOT the waterman, who is awful in every situation.

Heh, I was watching player after player one-credit this in Tokyo last summer and the ninja seemed to be the overwhelming player's choice, except for the odd switch to Dragon (later in stage 4) and when running the gauntlet on all the bosses, and perhaps into something else.

edit: No I haven't downloaded your video yet so maybe I'm stating something worthless :emb:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
*THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE!*

Damn, that was impressive! Makes me more than a little disappointed in my own side-scrolling skills. But that video is also rather inspiring!

Thanks for a sweet vid! Looking forward to Contra Hard Corps!

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Have just seen the video and a really big well done, it's very impressive. Magician Lord is one of my favorite neo games and like many I have never been able to beat it.

At least now we can all watch the video for tips!

I think anyone with a one credit video or the skill to complete a game with one credit should record there achievement and post it for all to see. Makes great watching to see how other people play the games.

Anyway, once again well done mate!! :buttrock:

Robert

20 Year Member
Man, Can't DL at work and I'm on 56K at home.
Life sucks some times.
Anyway thanks for the sharing and congratulation for the performance.

lspear76

I am a bad seller. Fuck international buyers. Fuck
This is a great video. I beat the game back in 1990, the last few stages were really hard. I forgot that at Stage 6 they start repeating the music. My favorite music is Stage 3, that music is awesome.

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Gosh i wish i could beat that game in one credit. I can beat Super Contra on one credit...shinobi...alien syndrome and some others but not magician lord...at least not yet. :(

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I don't even know if that much ownage is legal, but it sure was enjoyable. Thanks, dude.