OMG i got my first NeoGeo console today!

SNKNostalgia

Vice's Love Slave
Hey Trin what games did you notice some good price differences on Neo Geo AES carts? I am talking sought out for games like Last Blade 2, AOF 3, SS4, Ninja Masters, etc...

Heinz

Wave to the People!
15 Year Member
Well considering the sought after games as the one you mentioned in JP are on ebay for around the same price thats been stated on the Neo-Geo.com AES Price guide.. i dont think it would be much cheaper, take the shipping cost away and yeah its cheaper but if SS4 for example sells for around 200 to 250 usd on eBay then id think around 190 to 220 for Japan but im only guessing...

TheLastTrin

NEST Puppet
SNKNostalgia said:
Hey Trin what games did you notice some good price differences on Neo Geo AES carts? I am talking sought out for games like Last Blade 2, AOF 3, SS4, Ninja Masters, etc...

The reason sought after games still carry hefty price tags in Japan. The ones that really had great deals were the easy to find Neo games that STILL carry a $150-$240 price in the states, despite their relative frequency.

SNKNostalgia

Vice's Love Slave
Could you give some good examples? I am just very curious. Also I may go to japan next summer, I just gotta save $5,000.

I make around $250-$300 a week at my college town job but I been away from work since school is cancled this whole semester (Hurricane Katrina destroyed a lot of its older buildings). Crazy, huh? I might have to just work in my hometown, not too many options either.

TheLastTrin

NEST Puppet
SNKNostalgia said:
Could you give some good examples? I am just very curious. Also I may go to japan next summer, I just gotta save $5,000.

I make around $250-$300 a week at my college town job but I been away from work since school is cancled this whole semester (Hurricane Katrina destroyed a lot of its older buildings). Crazy, huh? I might have to just work in my hometown, not too many options either.

It's hard to give examples. Prices seem to change daily, and depend highly on the quality of the specific copy.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
SNKNostalgia said:

Hey how are you? Yeah, TheLastTrin is right? is hard to put a specific price on anything now a days especially Neo Geo games but I have been studying the market alot especially ebay and I can tell you that you'll find deals on ebay alot. Although to get the rarest games I'd go here at NG.com I just got my English last blade 2 from a member here and that game is perfect in everyway. The labels are amazingly crisp even better than the minty Rage of Dragons you sold me. Let me tell you I managed to get a US Ninja Masters from ebay. So if you really want to get rarer games you must be very determined, negotiate a good price and of course have a little luck. :D

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
SNKNostalgia said:

If you go to Japan let me know. I want to know if you can find any English AES games there.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pocketgamer said:
Hey how are you? Yeah, TheLastTrin is right? is hard to put a specific price on anything now a days especially Neo Geo games but I have been studying the market alot especially ebay and I can tell you that you'll find deals on ebay alot. Although to get the rarest games I'd go here at NG.com I just got my English last blade 2 from a member here and that game is perfect in everyway. The labels are amazingly crisp even better than the minty Rage of Dragons you sold me. Let me tell you I managed to get a US Ninja Masters from ebay. So if you really want to get rarer games you must be very determined, negotiate a good price and of course have a little luck. :D

Did that Ninja Masters have a manual? How much did you pay?

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Did that Ninja Masters have a manual? How much did you pay?

Yes, but its kinda worn, the cartridge has a nice label though and the box is in very good condition. I paid about $400 which is a pretty good deal!

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
lachlan said:
hey i would just like to say out loud that my neogeo n00b self got a neogeo home console for the first time :buttrock:

it looks so cool :drool_2:

serial number is 180906
and its a JP system :D
the gold logo is in awesome condition! :D
now i fully trust JapanGamesNow.com

neogeo.jpg

Congrats, lachlan she a beauty but I'm just a little surprise that your a first timer to the neo-geo console. Btw is your neo-geo console fully modded. :)

Cheers,

TheLastTrin

NEST Puppet
Pocketgamer said:
If you go to Japan let me know. I want to know if you can find any English AES games there.

I didn't find a single English AES game when I was in Japan. The only places that sell american "imports" are specific import stores, and they only carry mainstream consoles.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
TheLastTrin said:
I didn't find a single English AES game when I was in Japan. The only places that sell american "imports" are specific import stores, and they only carry mainstream consoles.

Yeah, there's really no reason for them to carry the U.S. AES games, they are more rare and expensive.

Heinz

Wave to the People!
15 Year Member
NeoGeo Hunter said:
Congrats, lachlan she a beauty but I'm just a little surprise that your a first timer to the neo-geo console. Btw is your neo-geo console fully modded. :)

Cheers,

Thanks.
Why are you suprised im a first timer to Neo-Geo?
My Neo is not modded, i like to keep its originality and playing on Composite doesnt bother me.

Got my SS3 and SS4 jpn carts today woohoo!

SNKNostalgia

Vice's Love Slave
Its a good thing that Trader 2 does give prices upon condition and completion of the games. I am really just curious what maybe the average prices for some average titles would be. I would assume around the same we pay but atleast there is no shipping and I bet they would be a few yen lower. I am tired of seeing games that are considered rare sometimes and then turn out not to be.

Example: Nam1975, I remember a few years back it was worth $100. Now you can get a complete mint copy for less than $30. Another current example would have to be Ninja Commando, how in the hell is a common game like that so expensive and rare now $90 -$130 US and $200 + Jap?

Heinz

Wave to the People!
15 Year Member
I think it's just wether or not people have been selling them allot or not.
If no one's selling them and a shop gets one in a year then they might sell it at a higher price because they think its rare or it could be simply that they want to rip people off.

Don't really know though..

SNKNostalgia

Vice's Love Slave
I guess a lot of people don't want to let go of that game. It is a unique title, no other game on the Neo Geo plays like it. Also I remember it being one of the big hype Neo Geo games in the magazines when I was a kid. Still i need to get it one of these days. Atleast its not one of the $200+ titles.