Omega Neo Geo CMVS VS Analogue CMVS Slim

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
If I were in the market for one of these I'd have to go with the Omega. The Analogue, although very unique looking being that it's wood, is just not my cup of tea. You probably can't go wrong with either one though and it just comes down to preference (and money of course).

wallzter

n00b
Hey guys im a noob and am looking into getting a cmvs. I have heard about the Omega and the Analogue but have any of you guys heard of this.... http://youtu.be/sGuxTxwnsS8
If so what do you guys think of this? And how much would something like this be worth? If not what would you guys recommend? Im planning on starting with a multi-cart then buying the games I really like. Thanks

wallzter

n00b
Thanks for your help guys. Yea i was leaning towards the Omega went to the website but it seems to be down at the moment.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
With AI CMVS... Every friend I´ve shown to it has asked the same question: "Is that real wood?"
I always just tell them "It´s real" and I feel kind of snobby saying it :D

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Hey guys im a noob and am looking into getting a cmvs. I have heard about the Omega and the Analogue but have any of you guys heard of this.... http://youtu.be/sGuxTxwnsS8
If so what do you guys think of this? And how much would something like this be worth? If not what would you guys recommend? Im planning on starting with a multi-cart then buying the games I really like. Thanks
I've seen that before. Personally, I think it's quite a nice, professionally finished alternative. IF... I was opting for ONLY a CMVS, I'd probably plump for an AI or Omega, but if I wanted something to sit along my AES, I'd probably quite fancy one of these (in the video). You can get them in white and red (my preference) as well.

Here's the website: http://www.dozgrafico.com/neogeo/

I believe "Distropia" is responsible for making these. Aside from the protruding DB15's, I think it's a cool looker...

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Not as "pretty" but the functional features, such as the unibios and battery access are cool.

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Not as "pretty" but the functional features, such as the unibios and battery access are cool.

Battery access and the VGA output with scan lines are the highlight of the model!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Personally, the plastic, AES exterior of the Omega was exactly what I was looking for - something that can sit next to my SNES, Dreamcast, and and PS1 and be easily identifiable as being the rad Neo Geo that I always wanted as a kid but could never afford (like most folks). If it was wood, it wouldn't match, and that would drive me nuts.
If I was going to buy a CMVS that would be just the way I'd think about it. I might add some weight to the base of the Omega somehow though so I wouldn't have to hold it down when switching carts (see Xian Xis post). Also beeing able to reach and take out the MV1C board within because it is largly unmodded and connected via JAMMA is a huge pro factor. You can fix a lot of issues that might arrise with time yourself or even replace the whole board with ease.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I think Xian Xi also makes cmvs machines, though I´m not sure anymore as he posted here in this thread but didn´t mention it. Maybe he´s just so modest?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think Xian Xi also makes cmvs machines, though I´m not sure anymore as he posted here in this thread but didn´t mention it. Maybe he´s just so modest?

I still do, I just don't advertise to get business. I have no problems getting requests for builds even with these two consoles as options.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

He is building mine lol!! James (Xian Xi) help be decide which mods to add and what would be best for what I wanted and within my budget. He gave me tons of advice (being a major Noob and no tech background)

I still do, I just don't advertise to get business.

Lol you don't need to... if you google CMVS you name is on a few other boards.. lol

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
woody003.jpg

i like the wooden cmvs as its buiit to last but the omega is nice for the price its what id imagine snk home mvs would have looked like if marketed bk 20 yrs bk ;)
Nice Legos under there, makes me think someone should make a CMVS out of Legos that would be cool.

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
If the Legos were glued then it would be indestructible!

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
I would do it lol.. but I'm not convinced that it would actually look nice.. a very strange concept I must say.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I would do it lol.. but I'm not convinced that it would actually look nice.. a very strange concept I must say.

It would look like a rectangular box. But with the right parts you might even be able to build it with dust flaps. Found a pic of what the lego Camera looks like :D

61OZ8735eEL._SL1100_.jpg

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Haha! So colourful..! Think ill pass for now :p but gather up 50 people interested and Im on it!