Omega MVS Shells - revisited

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
well you could just remove the ,,SNK made in japan,, logo at the back

You misunderstand me.

Let them scream.

Nonetheless, I do not believe this was the intent behind the shells here. It's supposed to be something uniquely different for those who want it...not rehashing more of the same.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I need the BBC

Edit: Southtown / Windy should order a bulk of the order and resell. MVS collecting is on the rise. Southtown acquiring a number of these makes sense, since it goes hand-in-hand with the sale of their shockboxes. I assume the reason why they can print inserts is because they have equipment. It would be very convenient for customers to order a shockbox, insert, MVS shell, and sticker for these as a set.

i already carry the omega cmvs in the shop. i'd be happy to be another point of distribution for this as well, but thats a bridge i would have to cross when quan gets to production.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
i would rather love original looking AES cartridges reprinted they could hold MVS Games as well, all what you need to do is remove some pins in them and you could fit both AES and MVS PCBs.

That will probably not be a likely scenario. In order make an AES shell like case, I would have to remove several of the mounting features that stabilize the top half of the mvs boards inside the shell. The only way around that problem is to add more height to the shell but it would no longer match the profile of original mvs shells and not fit inside shock boxes anymore.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Personally, I'd like to see the snap cases reach production ahead of the cart shells.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
at $15 each, yeah I take 8.
There all carts with replacement labels anyways, some have replacement cases.

I wonder of the folks who make home brew games be interested in these cases.
Much better than the wood cases ngdevteam uses, and it mean one less excuse to sacrifice perfectly good MVS carts.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I'll go for 20 at $15

Boom!

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
So these are still happening? I am clearly too much of a neophyte to claim any, but am very interested.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Now that NGDev has just announced another title. Now is a good time to voice your opinion to them if you want to see the next release using this shell.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Are you going to be selling the shells by the time the game is scheduled to release?

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Now that NGDev has just announced another title. Now is a good time to voice your opinion to them if you want to see the next release using this shell.

What have they been doing to date, saccing games?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
What have they been doing to date, saccing games?

They have their own knock off carts, that they ran out of, and now they use wooden carts produced by christoff.

Bar81

20 Year Member
They have their own knock off carts, that they ran out of, and now they use wooden carts produced by christoff.

That's pretty ghetto. These would be much nicer.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner

ah... so thats why the NGDev games are so expensive... christoff gotta get his cut ;) lol

Bar81

20 Year Member

I would do so except I don't buy their shitty games :O

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Xsq five finger death punch incoming! *cheers and places his bets on zeee german*

Bar81

20 Year Member
Xsq five finger death punch incoming! *cheers and places his bets on zeee german*

Anyone who joined a year and a half ago and has almost 1,400 posts should be a fan favorite considering he does nothing apparently but post on these boards.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Gentlemen, please. At least have the courtesy to wait until LC opens so I can enjoy the show with a Hot n Ready.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Gentlemen, please. At least have the courtesy to wait until LC opens so I can enjoy the show with a Hot n Ready.
Count the amount of shell orders we still need while you eat please - this thread is going UFC instead of math!