Omega CMVS vs Analogue CMVS

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
Hi everyone,

I'm not trying to start a thread asking which of these is the best but instead I was wondering what differences (if any) there are between these two consolized MVS models aside from the price and the fact that one is made out of wood and the other out of moulded plastic.

Are they essentially identical in every other way?

What are your opinions?

R.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
one difference is, that the omega looks superawesome and the analogue imho not (the 2p version analogue neo looks best).

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
That's interesting. So you think the wooden ones don't look so good. They certainly are much less like the AES than the Omega is...

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
of course this is just a personal opinion, but things out of wood look awful to me and i think they are made for really old ppl (>65 years) which like wood. the controller looks "ok" and the 2p version "ok & very very interesting". when you want to put it besides your aes, ngx, the omega might also look better...

i cant compare them technically, but the analogue is also a bit more expensive and the waiting time for it is much longer. and as i said, it looks not so good (personal opinion: it looks awful).

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
In b4 the pizza posting.

Analogue 4 lyfe bitchnezzz

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm not trying to start a thread asking which of these is the best but instead I was wondering what differences (if any) there are between these two consolized MVS models aside from the price and the fact that one is made out of wood and the other out of moulded plastic.

Look, this thread already answered all those questions: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ue-CMVS-Slim&p=3308011&viewfull=1#post3308011

Besides, the Omega is made by shodowkn55, a professional right here on these boards with direct support here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...pport-Thread&p=3709299&viewfull=1#post3709299

You just know exactly what you'll get with the Omega, which are top quality parts and competent support. A main difference to the wooden abomination.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Everyone in the know knows the JNX one is by far the best for price to quality ratio.

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
Thanks oliverclaude. I searched but didn't come across that thread. It's very useful.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Pretty much down to just personal preference, yeah the omega is nice and is more AES like, personally I prefer my walnut analogue but hey its just down to personal preference at the end of the day.

If your going with the analogue check out smartretro as there an official importer of the analogue but UK based so not heavy import taxes mate

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
James aluminum case CMVS is the king of the hill for me as far as any CMVS units go. I remember when he used to use Neo CD top loader shells, those were nice too.

I have to admit those Omegas look nice though, couldn't care less for Analogue, have heard many instances of wood separating and problems with the casing.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
James aluminum case CMVS is the king of the hill for me as far as any CMVS units go. I remember when he used to use Neo CD top loader shells, those were nice too.

I have to admit those Omegas look nice though, couldn't care less for Analogue, have heard many instances of wood separating and problems with the casing.

The Omega cases arnt perfect either, but they do look 1000x better than some wooden system sticking out like a sore thumb on your shelf.

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm happy with my JNX CMVS. James was super helpful to a total NG novice like me.