Omega CMVS quesions.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
These are made from a 1 slot motherboard correct?

I'm not too familiar with a the different variations of motherboards, but am curious if these are made from 1 slot boards if they are

1. recapped?

2. have a fixed battery that I never need to change, or some type of battery holder installed?

3. Work with memory cards? I don't see a slot for on in the pic, but it's kind of small.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Yes, they're 1 slot boards.

I don't know if they've been recapped, but I don't recall hearing about those 1C's needing to be capped.

I don't recall the battery situation on them.

And no, there is no memory card slot. You can get a VMC model which has NTM's virtual memory card installed though so it will act just like a board w/a memory card in the reader. You just can't take out any physical card is all.

I've got 2 VMC model Omegas and love them. Great fit/finish and performance.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
All systems are built around an MV-1C. There are several 1-slots but the 1C is the only top loading one.

1. The sound section on the 1C doesn't use the traditional YM2610/YM3016 combo that nearly every other board uses which has a wide array of caps in the audio path. SNK created an ASIC called the YSA2 which combines the Z80 and the YM2610 into a single chip. It outputs digital audio which is then in turn fed into a DAC. As part of the stereo mod, the DAC outputs are directly connected the stereo outputs on the cable end. In short, there are no caps needing to be replaced.

2. Every battery gets changed to a brand new rechargeable one.

3. There is no physical memory card slot. There is an option available called the VMC which is an internal add-on that provides memory storage as if there were a memory card hardwired into the system.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you want a CMVS with a memory card slot just shoot me a PM, I make them all the time.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Thanks for the replies guys. Im still up in the air about what i want to do. Just gathering info.