Old Falcoon KOF art

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'll edit that, I don't seem very mature. I'll give you that. Now that I look about it twice. However that comment in bold is what I was trying to focus, what were you trying to say?

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I was referring to how SNK's characters needed a serious makeover.

I'm extremely happy Kyo's not in schoolboy clothes anymore. Some things go out of style, some don't. Capcom's got a pretty good system going. Whenever a character goes out of style, they just make a new one with the same moves/improved moves (for example, Guile and Remy). I dunno, sometimes we really do wish Iori could just buy another pair of pants.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'm not a big capcom fan, but I don't think Remy replaced Guile, if that's what you are trying to say. If anything, I think that capcom, tried to replaced Guile with Charlie in the alpha series. At least that's the way I see it. I don't know, if you are a capcom fan maybe they did. I'll do some research on him to talk about Remy, I don't want to lie and say that no he didn't replace Remy, he might. Who knows.

I'll agree with you on Iori

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Me not big Capcom fan either, that's why I wouldn't know if he replaced Guile or Charlie :P

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
My basic notion was that, instead of keeping say, Charlie, they just made a new character.

A lot of people in the SNK community are like, holy shit, you can't just throw away a main character. Imagine if you took out, say, Leona, and replaced her with some punkish girl with similar moves. Not the best example, but hey, if Capcom can do it, maybe SNK should be able to do it to. And if not, at LEAST give the characters a makeover! (which brings me BACK to the original message... Falcoon's chara designs kick ass)

I'm a fan of Falcoon.
On my little website, I've a page dedicated to Falcoon's artwork called "fight artwork" On this page, artworks of KOF, Street Fighter or Guilty Gear can be found :p

If you want to have a look ... visit my page ^_^

Thank you !! ;) .....

Falcoon's works are really cool. The unofficial design that he made for SF and old KOF is awesome:buttrock: I definitely like it !!! a wonder !

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
God this guys art is awesome... has he any art books or collections?? i would love some printed art*:drool_2:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This is some good art. Imagine actual sprites that look like that. I love the Neo Geo as much as the next guy, but if there were a KOF that'd look like this, I'd be in heaven.

By the way ...

I'm searching for the pic of Falcoon who was the cover of a recent Arcadia (featuring Mai and ChunLi)

If someone have a link for this pic in high res .... :spock:

thank you ^o^

deathknight

Zero's Tailor
Kryzalid_aw said:
By the way ...

I'm searching for the pic of Falcoon who was the cover of a recent Arcadia (featuring Mai and ChunLi)

If someone have a link for this pic in high res .... :spock:

thank you ^o^

arc-040_cvr.jpg

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
WOW,that's some nice arkwork imo .I think he can draw women well though,he adds his own style and viewpoint of them and makes them look quite beautiful .

If anyone told us of a mook or artbook he's done or apart of it,i would like it very much :)

Yes Falcoon is a great artist ;) but I don't think an artbook exists ... All his drawns were published on the www ...

I really hope he will make a good job for SNK-Playmore :p

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Kryzalid_aw said:
Yes Falcoon is a great artist ;) but I don't think an artbook exists ... All his drawns were published on the www ...

I really hope he will make a good job for SNK-Playmore :p

The 'All About SNK Characters' illustration artbook contain some of the artwork Falcoon has done for SNK, although few, they are in the artbook.