Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I'm glad it's in Tulsa. Maybe because thats where I live. It might get a higher turnout in OKC though.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
werejag said:
im in edmond, okc suburb

It's not that far a drive. Takes about 1.5 hours one way and you'll spend less than $10 for tolls both ways. I drive down to the city about 3 times a month (I live in Tulsa).

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
werejag said:
im in edmond, okc suburb

I live in the Village. I just graduated from UCO :) If your up for just some regular gaming, shoot me a PM. I have a 4-slot and me and Magna get together semi regularly.

And I'm driving a little over an hour and hauling way too much shit again, I can feel it already.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
I live in the Village. I just graduated from UCO :) If your up for just some regular gaming, shoot me a PM. I have a 4-slot and me and Magna get together semi regularly.

And I'm driving a little over an hour and hauling way too much shit again, I can feel it already.

Quite a lovely 4 slot at that :) . And soon to be a supergun.
I've got the harness and PSU ordered, today after work I'll be scouting for a good case and taking a trip to radio shack for the parts I can't get at partsexpress.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
So far I have a couple of extra pockets and an extra 2 or 3 games. I'm figuring those to be good prizes. :)

Throw a jpn ss1 on that list. Lame, perhaps but for a novice that would be pretty sweet i think.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Yeah I'll be driving about 10 minutes. Suckers.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Magnaflux said:
It's not that far a drive. Takes about 1.5 hours one way and you'll spend less than $10 for tolls both ways. I drive down to the city about 3 times a month (I live in Tulsa).

When did you move to Tulsa?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Magnaflux said:
Throw a jpn ss1 on that list. Lame, perhaps but for a novice that would be pretty sweet i think.

I've got an extra B&W Pocket we can double with that so they'll have everything they need to play :) We can make that 3rd place or something :)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Snooptalian said:
When did you move to Tulsa?

Back in January. I need to finish my bachelor's degree and the perfect school is up here.

@Chosen- the ss1 is a homecart. I'll look and see if there's any extra pocket games I have that would be good prizes.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Allright, the www.ovge.com website has been updated with the garou tourney.

Hopefully this'll pull in some good garou players. Haven't decided on an official third strike tourney yet.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
You should definately do the Third Strike tourney. One more question: what time does the party start?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Magnaflux said:
Allright, the www.ovge.com website has been updated with the garou tourney.

Hopefully this'll pull in some good garou players. Haven't decided on an official third strike tourney yet.

I'm a bit leary of 3rd Strike as it doesn't really fit the mood so much. We have always had a Neo booth, and secondly it is a classic gaming event which includes anything made for the Neo as it's definately a classic console, but 3rd Strike? Anyways just feeling unsure about it.

The show starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. There's pretty decent traffic there, I believe it was around 300 last year, but I might be off. And previously it's been in Sept. so I'm expecting more this year as it's a summer event.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
It's worth getting up at 9. I got up at 8 for finals, and this is way more worth it. :)

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Weevus said:
It's worth getting up at 9. I got up at 8 for finals, and this is way more worth it. :)

I had to wake up two days in a row at 5:30 for a 7:30 final. I have a bit of a drive to school...

If I could find a db-15 connector to make a neo -> dc controller adaptor I'd be practicing garou. No one sells them anymore.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
I had to wake up two days in a row at 5:30 for a 7:30 final. I have a bit of a drive to school...

If I could find a db-15 connector to make a neo -> dc controller adaptor I'd be practicing garou. No one sells them anymore.
I'll be ordering some this week or next. Let me know how many you need and I'll order some extra for you.

But doesn't the DC use a encoded signal for controls?

We've been thinking of a kof tourney as well, but which one? Third Strike would be pimp, however there's going to be ts at a few other tables as well and we'd like to stick to neo.

I'm stuck between '98 and '02.

If that doesn't pan out, we could also have a Metal Slug comp. maybe a high score/first level sort of affair.

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
I'm a bit leary of 3rd Strike as it doesn't really fit the mood so much. We have always had a Neo booth, and secondly it is a classic gaming event which includes anything made for the Neo as it's definately a classic console, but 3rd Strike? Anyways just feeling unsure about it.

The show starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. There's pretty decent traffic there, I believe it was around 300 last year, but I might be off. And previously it's been in Sept. so I'm expecting more this year as it's a summer event.

Your power supply and harness should be in today. I picked up a dremel yesterday (mine died a few months back). Today I'll be out scouting for cases to build a supergun in.

Moving along at a good pace.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
To the top.

Got all the parts ordered plus some so I can make a spare supergun.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
So is there going to be 2 mvs setups plus the 2 aes systems from last year?

Man I'd like to have a Naomi setup before OVGE for CvS which is a sort of a neo game...