Oklahoma Man Uses AR-15 to Kill Three Teen Home Intruders

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
... 'murikan Birth control methods are sorta BRUTAL!

xROTx

PS. But funny:keke:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Luckily this is Oklahoma. There would probably be charges against the homeowners in most other states. Home invasion is surprisingly not enough to justify deadly force in most places. If you ever need to shoot someone, you damn well better say they were threatening your life.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Difficult to feel any sympathy for those buffoons but why the fuck would they charge the getaway driver with first-degree murder when the person who pulled the trigger will likely get off with a slap on the wrist?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Difficult to feel any sympathy for those buffoons but why the fuck would they charge the getaway driver with first-degree murder when the person who pulled the trigger will likely get off with a slap on the wrist?

The driver is as much responsible. Watch Law and Order. They do this all the time.
For example, If you stand watch while your friends rape a girl, you are going to get charged even if you didn't participate because you are equally responsible. Seems harsh at first, but you start to see the logic with more examples.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Why is the article citing stand-your-ground laws? Did Oklahoma lack castle laws that would have covered situations like this already?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Why is the article citing stand-your-ground laws? Did Oklahoma lack castle laws that would have covered situations like this already?

The laws vary greatly from area to area. In my area you can't shoot unless you are in immediate deadly danger, as in the burglar is actually attacking you with a deadly weapon before you can use force. Other places, if they're in your house you're free to shoot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Felony murder is germain to most states, if not all. Let's say Dion attempts to rob a store, and the store owner shoots an innocent bystander named Waseem Daker, while trying to hit Dion, and Waseem dies. Dion would be charged with felony murder and the store owner, Rot, gets a slap on the wrist.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

Almost all the Northeast US + CA does not have stand your ground laws. At least not in a dependable implementation.
You still need to prove your life was in danger to use deadly force even with stand your ground or castle law. It was pretty clear in this case, but night time burglary is not necessarily considered a threat on your life. If you shoot a burglar that has no aggression, you could be charged with a crime.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So many stupid laws to protect fucking criminals. Hesitation is all these fuckers needs to change your life.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Felony murder is germain to most states, if not all. Let's say Dion attempts to rob a store, and the store owner shoots an innocent bystander named Waseem Daker, while trying to hit Dion, and Waseem dies. Dion would be charged with felony murder and the store owner, Rot, gets a slap on the wrist.

...I see what you did there...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So many stupid laws to protect fucking criminals. Hesitation is all these fuckers needs to change your life.

I agree. If some invader comes into your house you should have the right to do whatever is necessary to protect yourself and your family.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I should also have the right to chain him down in the basement and teach him that nobody ever fucks with my family. It will take weeks.

fake

15 Year Member
Sigh. Thumbtacks, molasses, and twine are like $5. Could have avoided this whole mess.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Why exactly are they focusing on the AR-15 aspect - Even in cases where someone actually defends themselves against armed thieves, it seems like the media is trying rile up the fact he had an AR-15 rather than successfully defending himself.

"The AR-15 was the weapon used in mass shootings such as Newtown, the Aurora movie theater in Colorado and San Bernardino."

What does that have to do with this in any capacity, outside of conflating mass shootings into the story?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I think that the fact that the dude that defended himself even has to sweat the fact that he might be charged or not. It justified and 3 pcs of garbage were taken out, 4th piece still pending