OK... Who will admit to ringing their mom or significant other...

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm a good cook, but every now and again, I call up my Mom or Dad about a changed recipe that I like better than the original. I remember all the things they used to make and how to make them, but over the years, my folks have tweaked some of the recipes and so I ask about the new ingredients I can't deduce.
Case in point, I went to visit the family last Christmas and my Mom made cip穰e, but she had added in a different wild meat and spice than usual. A few months ago, I was making it for my wife and kids and wanted to try it the way she had made it during Christmas, so I gave her a ring about it.
You never really stop learning from your parents.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Cooking is heat and patience. Stop making it seem difficult.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I'm the good cook in my family, so people are always asking me for recipes to things.

My pork ribs and home made mac and cheese is the most often requested thing at potlucks and holiday events.

When I was on a low carb diet, I got so fed up with not having access to bread I decided to make my own type of low carb bread in a bread machine using vital wheat gluten, almond flour, golden flax, yeast, and brown sugar.

It's pretty good for toast and sandwiches, but it's pretty dense and is as delicate as a souffle during the second rise and the first 5 minutes of baking due to the weight of the dough. Still, it can't be beat for 2.5 grams of carbs per slice.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
all you do is toss the hot pocket in the microwave. badda bing badda boom!