Ok let's do Stallone now

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
ahh ok

damn you, your children, and your children's children to hell
Well, the overall tone and mood of the movie is quite similar to the book, even though specific aspects of the story were changed to be quite different. I should have made that clearer.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
That said, do I think Stallone could do an entire movie in a foreign language? Much less have an entire career of movies not in his native tongue? No, I do not.

Also, Arnie can do comedy, Stallone cannot. Movies like Kindergarten Cop or Twins may not hold up today, but people thought they were funny at the time. STOP, OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT was never thought funny by anyone, anywhere.

To go off on a tangent, I know the guy who played the villain in Kindergarten Cop. He is my old football and track coach's brother.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
That said, do I think Stallone could do an entire movie in a foreign language? Much less have an entire career of movies not in his native tongue? No, I do not.

Also, Arnie can do comedy, Stallone cannot. Movies like Kindergarten Cop or Twins may not hold up today, but people thought they were funny at the time. STOP, OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT was never thought funny by anyone, anywhere.
What about Oscar? It was funneh

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What about Oscar? It was funneh
I do not remember one second of Oscar. To be fair, Twins is a bit of a blur now, too. But I got nothing for Oscar.

I bet if Stallone ever watches this movie, he always cringes when Rambo says, "You just don't turn it off," instead of saying, "You don't just turn it off," like he meant to. Amazing nobody caught that at the time. Or maybe none of his other takes were as good, and the director just said fuck it.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I do not remember one second of Oscar. To be fair, Twins is a bit of a blur now, too. But I got nothing for Oscar.

It was around the same time when Capcom, Konami and Midway started dropping top tier games as well, remember?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
All bs aside. First Blood and Rocky are Stallone's best movies. His other movies were the same script regurgitated again and again - which still lead to great movies.