OK! Here's what I heard...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hi,

I justjoined after reading this forum for a few years. I joined to chime in my two cents and to help stop a flame war my friend was getting himself envolved in..haha.

This pic has been on my computer for awhile, so let me dig and ill find the old thread. Is it ok for me to hot link it here? Alot of forums frown upon that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
DecepticonZero said:
Hi,

Im new to this forum so Im sure I will get flamed. The thread starter is a close friend of mine and he heard this rumor from me. It all spawns from this image.

shinkiro6og.jpg

I read this long thread on another board stating that this was rough artwork for a canceled game staring the older guys of the Fatal Fury timeline, but back in the day when they were all young. Dunno if there is any truth to this, but I'm sure thats why he was asking. Were just a small group of friends who love to talk SNK..thats all...
Before you get too crazy about guesses who is who, the guy you think is Takuma (mustache guy in the gi to the left of young Geese) is actually a younger Jubei Yamada, according to Shinkiro's notes.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Ive seen the art before.

Isnt it from one of the All About SNK books or whatever?

Either way, this is one more reason this guy should just be ghosted forever.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
This illustration appears on page 61 of "Gamest Mook Vol. 39: SNK Illustrations." The caption indicates that the illustration was produced for a Garou Densetsu short novel, and that portions of it dealt with the younger days of Geese Howard, Yamada Jubei, etc. The caption does not specify the names of each character in the illustration.

--Chris

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ha, awesome looking picture...I think a prequel that would have intertwined the older characters from FF and AOF would have been great. The backstory with the nun's got me interested now, and Mr. Big...what a badass.

Thanks for the pic.