Oil pulling? Who does this?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_pulling

This fad is picking up a lot of attention, and people are really positive about this.

What is it? You swish some oil (sunflower I guess ) in your mouth for a few seconds and then spit and rinse with pure water. Supposedly it cleans a lot better than just brushing.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
That sound's mental, it is a shame the Wikipedia seems quite limited on information, when you mean cleaning your teeth do you mean as in making sure they are strong or like a bicarbonate of soda that helps whiten your teeth?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
My wife's always telling me about these all-natural health fads, and this one sounds somewhat familiar. I'll ask her about it tonight. Maybe we'll try it out for a week or so and report back.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Sounds like crappy mouthwash.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I imagine it is a folk remedy that made the germ build up you feel in your mouth less significant because its all properly lubricated or helps it slip off the surfaces of the mouth? I'll stick with science on this one, meaning a sonicare and toothpaste, followed by flossing and Listerine with fluoride, thanks.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
For some reason I thought "oil pulling" would involve the cawk... Also, how can this practice be effective at preventing tooth decay?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Next, people will be leeching they gums.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The U.S will be invading peoples mouths soon.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There's a whole trend of people trying to use natural cleaners. Not just for teeth. This also includes laundry, hair, body, and household surfaces.

Their houses probably smell dreadful.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I will be invading your mouth with my average sized American penis. But my protein mouthwash won't taste good, because I'm an alcoholic.

I'll back it up with my super tiny penis. You Americans are huge! So huge!!!!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I will be invading your mouth with my average sized American penis. But my protein mouthwash won't taste good, because I'm an alcoholic.

yes, but that protein mouthwash will get him buzzed. alcoholism is genetic.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
yes, but that protein mouthwash will get him buzzed. alcoholism is genetic.

Negative. I am the first of my line. I imagine it to be more of a petulant child begging to a father for a sip of his beer scenario. He will ask and ask, until I relent. And that is when he will receive the most horrible tasting surprise of his life, and said scenario will turn into violent chain vomitus. Though, I don't imagine indigenous, or imported Australian cuisine to be much different. God bless Earth's Alabama, though.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Happy to chew the fat with you all but no swallowing.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I think this could be revolutionary for the glory hole scene. Imagine getting skull from someone that just pulled a higher viscosity oil blend? You'd glide effortlessly into the windpipe before the reacharound could even take hold.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
This is not that different from washing with soap, only it doesn't taste as bad.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Stage does this every Thursday afternoon with the over 65 crowd at the local park. After their tai chi exercises they all gargle chicken feet oil and rub endangered albino oxen lard on each others scrotums. His gums have never been so shiny and his balls more tumid.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
a friend of mine uses coconut oil to swish around in his mouth. But hes one of those natural treatment type guys. Im sure the stuff helps, but If you are already brushing your teeth and all that stuff, i don't think adding "oil pulling" is going to affect you that much

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I imagine it to be more of a petulant child begging to a father for a sip of his beer scenario. He will ask and ask, until I relent. And that is when he will receive the most horrible tasting surprise of his life,

Pretty much...

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Nothing beats using a toothbrush to mechanically brush away plaque.

Feel free to use that oil rinse. I need to pay off my car. I am a dentist.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Holy shit.

I'm going to go brush my teeth about 10 times.