oh hey look, it's the trailer for FUCKING "THOR"!!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think that movie has a real uphill battle ahead to try and convince mainstream audiences it isn't going to be the goofiest, most boring movie ever made. I don't see anything in that trailer that is going to make Joe/Jane Normal say, "Oh yeah, I want to see THAT movie. That doesn't look like a complete waste of eleven dollars and two hours at all."

Hell, I'm a fan of the character, and high-kickin' kung fu Thor isn't even doing anything for me. So I have a hard time imagining non-fans caring at all.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Yeah, I'm with STK on this one. It looks plastic-y and silly. I can't imagine anyone would care about this unless they're already a comics fan. Next Scott Pilgrim? Maybe. Except this probably won't be as good.

Eric

Fight On!,
Natalie Portman would have to be nude for at least 5 minutes to make me want to see this movie.

Marvel needs to take a step back and just let some movie franchise opportunities pass but they seem content to just run every shit movie out there for the chance to make a quick buck. Maybe I should just be glad they haven't figured out a way to run variant openings to their movies.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
A Deadpool movie.
There, once again I've saved Hollywood.

Retro2DGamer

Crossed Swords Squire
DC, on the other hand, needs to have some balls and do an NC-17 movie based on their Lobo character.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
To be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the premise.

A Thor movie where he doesn't get to be Thor.

Of course, I will still see it.

As for a Deadpool movie, I would have absolutely no interest in seeing sucn a thing. In this, I am fully aware I am in the minority.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This plot sounds like a shabby excuse to tell...wait for it...

AN ORIGIN STORY.

:eek:

Lame. Lame. Lame.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
That looked so fucking stupid.
The sound effects in the beginning when he's just beating the shit out of people?
And tell me this. When and where does a 6'6'' Blonde haired blue eyed Swedish looking guy get training in Afghanistan?

Bring on Elektra 2!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I have to concur. They're using the concept of moral rebirth as a sort of origin story for the modern version of Thor.

It's an intelligent experiment in storytelling, but I just don't think it's going to work for what's essentially a kids' movie.

If they wanted to do a normal origin story, they should have just gone with him being a god in Asgard the whole time, glorified for his battle prowess and the toast of the town. As I understand it, they have this thing called Valhalla that glorifies war and dying in battle.

Make Thor kind of a dick. His victories have gone to his head and he's pissing everyone off, but they can't argue with his success. Plus, he's a product of his society. Maybe the ultimate product of a society that values battle glory.

Then have Loki serve as the cautionary tale. Loki does something fucked up that forces Thor to make a terrible mistake due to hubris and all of Asgard is imperiled. In order to save Asgard, he must make an uncharacteristic sacrifice that strengthens him as a person. The downside is that at the END of the movie, Mjolnir ends up in the desert and nobody knows where Thor is except for Odin, who oversteps his bounds and allows Thor to be reborn in the body of Don Blake. When the time is right, if Thor's learned the lessons he needed to, he will one day again be Thor.

This allows Loki to be the villain of the Avengers movie, who learns somehow about Thor's mortal life and seeks to keep him there forever. This serves as the catalyst that will bring the Avengers together. It makes sense since he was the first villain they ever faced as a team, and it introduces all the other super heroes to the idea that metahumans aren't just products of science, and sets them up to face threats terrestrial, cosmic and interdimensional.

Marvel should just hire me to be in charge of their movies.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Am I the only one that thinks Mr. Hopkins looks extremely laughable as Odin?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Am I the only one that thinks Mr. Hopkins looks extremely laughable as Odin?
and sadly, he's the most promising thing about the movie so far. I really hope this turns out better than it looks.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Why would anyone think a THOR movie would be good anyhow? :spock:

Everyone might not know his origins... but we all know where he ends up...

"Private Pyle, you are dumb. But do you expect me to believe you're THOR?!!!"

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper

That's really disturbing to me... not because it's a white supremacist group speaking out, but because the white supremacist group in question sounds more reasonable than the American Christian-right-wing and/or tea party.

That's very, very, scary.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
That looked so fucking stupid.
The sound effects in the beginning when he's just beating the shit out of people?
And tell me this. When and where does a 6'6'' Blonde haired blue eyed Swedish looking guy get training in Afghanistan?

Bring on Elektra 2!

I wouldn't mind seeing a second dare devil.

Why would anyone think a THOR movie would be good anyhow? :spock:

Everyone might not know his origins... but we all know where he ends up...

"Private Pyle, you are dumb. But do you expect me to believe you're THOR?!!!"

awesome movie.
awesome actor.
+10pts mike.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Redband trailer:

weed.gif