Official SNK PC games?

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
I may be the last person in the world to care about this but I was wondering if anyone knows of how many/how well the official SNK PC games sold? I recently picked up a VERY NM condition of Smaurai Showdown 2 for $1.99 at a thrift store (cheapest SNK game I have come accross, probably worth even less!! :lol: )

I just never see anyone talking about this types of ports of SNK games besides the flames of ROMS.

Interesting and cool find or stupid and worthless, lets discuss! :multi_co:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 3 was also released. FF3 and SS2 are a bit reprogrammed for the PC I think.

There are also ports of some Metal Slug games and I think also KOF 2000 and 2001. They're actually legal, licensed emulated versions IIRC.

FF3 and SS2 are great ports IMO, except that the sound effects quality is sort of low.

JFlex

Marked Wolf
I picked up FF3 and SS2 at Fry's Electronics for $9.99. I somewhat enjoyed playing them on the PC, but the experience doesn't even come close to the AES system. Something was just off.....I don't think much effort was put into the translation to PC. Unfortunately it was probably just a way for SNK to make a quick buck while they were in dire straits.

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
I have to agree with the feeling of playing them on PC, it just feels like a ROM unless you have the proper controller or joystick. I will definently look for FF3, thanks guys.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
TrailerTrash said:
I have to agree with the feeling of playing them on PC, it just feels like a ROM unless you have the proper controller or joystick. I will definently look for FF3, thanks guys.
At the very least you'd have two very nice official Arranged Sound Tracks (play them in a CD player and you can hear all the BGM (skip track 1 'cause that's the Data Track and you can screw up stereo equiptment if you try to play it).

As for controllers, the Thrustmaster Firestorm Digital 2 is $10 or less and has a ton of buttons and is USB plug-and-play. It works great for SS2 and FF3 (and almost any other arcade-style PC game.). If you're looking for another fighter on the PC, there are Windows ports of Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter Alpha 2. I have the latter and it's very, very nice (especially after playing the SNES port for about a year before that :D).

JFlex: Funny, I got my FF3/SS2 at Fry's' online store.