Official Ng.com Members Cooking Thread...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
We do need a cooking or what are you eating thread, not by this fucking idiot though

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dude, I totally got into making bread during the pandemic. I friggin' love it.

But then my wife was diagnosed with Celiac, which is basically super-ultra-mega-maxi-averse to gluten. She cant even have cross contact. Like in a toaster, if I put a slice of standard bread in there, and then she gets her gluten free toast and puts it in there, she will get sick almost immediately.

I haven't tried making gluten free bread because it just doesn't feel right :(
The things men do for love.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Dude, I totally got into making bread during the pandemic. I friggin' love it.

But then my wife was diagnosed with Celiac, which is basically super-ultra-mega-maxi-averse to gluten. She cant even have cross contact. Like in a toaster, if I put a slice of standard bread in there, and then she gets her gluten free toast and puts it in there, she will get sick almost immediately.

I haven't tried making gluten free bread because it just doesn't feel right :(
Havn’t tried it, but already against it. Nice 👍

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
No photo description available.

Homemade mushroom soup...

Dice some fresh mushrooms and an onion. Cook with a bit of butter or oil until the onions are translucent. Add in thyme, tarragon, garlic, and salt to taste and cook down to remove most of the water from the onions. Deglaze the pan with red wine and bring it to a boil. Add in a container of beef broth and bring it to a boil for a few minutes.

Fresh oyster and shiitake mushrooms work very well in this.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
Oeuf-rillettes-frites: the award-winning fat supercombo :drool_2:

Heat a fair slice of rillettes in a pan (pork, duck or goose's, nothing else). Once it has melted and is hot enough, fry eggs on top. Just add salt, black pepper, and spread over bread - or if you're brave enough, over fries. :D

Not recommended every day. :keke:

IMGP2221.JPG