Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Gemant

Member,
Hmm. Maybe Giby should come in here and talk about his score and why it's so high. Gemant, what was the maximum score possible? Does his score maybe include some 2 player fights?

Not necessary ask Giby, because him have already explain 6 years ago:

Honestly, I don't really know. I remember getting over 9 Miricles and one on Kain when he was in full top. When I got to Kain, I only had 1mil, then when I beat him, I got that. I remember asking Eight One if there are any scores like that in Japan, and he told me there were some that were between 5-8mil.

I don't know this "Eight One" but his informations is fake. In Japan the best scores are between 3-4mil, and top is 4.6mil with Rock, 5-8mil is fancy (I had already spoken about this, 6 years ago). Gybi's score is result of a one-time bug. Impossible repeat. When a bug is impossible to reproduce, the score it's not valid. The real Giby's score was over 1.250.000 because with Kain you can do other 250/300.000 pts max.

However I have many doubts about sincerity of this player, because successively him has written:

I did it on the real game, not on any proto version, I know the differences between all the versions. I've been trying to get that score again, but the highest I get is 6-7mil.

LOL.... 6-7mil.... (and sure, no photo this time) are all lies.... or him played with a Garou prototype / beta version in emulator.

In Garou normal score is about 1mil / 1.1mil. Good score is 1.4mil / 1.5mil. Excellent score (top western players) are 2.0mil / 2.2mil max. Only super expert player from japan perform score above 3.5mil / 3.9mil but the techniques are unknown.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well if anyone has a high score for MOTW please submit with photo.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
To be honest, I wouldn't hold it past SNK to add in turbo points for beating the ever living jesus out of someone with a full life bar worth of TOP :lolz: I'll be nice and content with my 2mil thanks

Gemant

Member,
aof0007.png

RYUUKO NO KEN

924.490 Ryo ALL, P x 14 (under working), wolfmame this time.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I don't care if my score is removed. I can't recreate it, so it has to be a bug, but calling me a liar and saying I did it on a BS version is stupid. I have gotten a little under 7mil three times on the cart I've owned for years, and once on a separate cart there's a very good chance its the same bug. I don't play MOTW for score, I play it competitively. I don't play the proto version, the only version I play (when I did the score runs) was MVS (I mess with PS2 and 360 version now when I go to random tournaments/meets), but the fact that you're still going on about this is silly. Also, saying someone's info is fake when they reported it to me on the spot is also funny. He checked three separate arcades for me all had scores above 5mil in the top 5, the highest being around 7,9xx,xxx. Even these "super experts from Japan" tell people they see strange scores on the machines at times, but they think nothing of it.

Out of curiosity, who are these "top western players" you speak of? I'd sure love to play them :D

Xian Xi, go ahead and get rid of my score. I'll try to get on the leader board again someday with my super duper early mega hyper beta proto version of Garou MOTW that Gemant says I play on :mr_t:

Gemant

Member,
Also, saying someone's info is fake when they reported it to me on the spot is also funny. He checked three separate arcades for me all had scores above 5mil in the top 5, the highest being around 7,9xx,xxx.

In Japan there is a official scoreboard. ALL players know about it. ALL top scores in Garou are published on Arcadia magazine. About scores above 5mil is ridiculous, except if you play with 5 rounds instead 3. But it is well-know that all scores in Japan are made with default settings, and 5 rounds is not allowed. In all web, in all languages, I never heard about this bug for 7 / 8mil on regular MVS version (I heard about strange bug in proto emulated version), you are the first people, and some players have played this game for years.....

And however.... I'm sure 300% that you don't know pattern for draw or double K.O.. 3 times for 7mil? I think your MVS system is malfunction.

who are these "top western players" you speak of? I'd sure love to play them :D

ALL players from: Italian scoreboard, Marp scoreboard, mamescore.fr scoreboard, neo-geo.com scoreboard, neo-geo for life scoreboard, retrovicio scoreboard, neo geo fans scoreboard, TG scoreboard and other.....

Gemant

Member,
However, I repeat for last time. If is possible repeat always a bug, in each play, you can accepted a score, but if is random.... no way. If you play Garou 100 try and final result is: 97 times about 1.300.000, and 3 times 8.000.000, this is a bug random, and is impossible accept. For Garou 2 there is also a bug (40.000.000 pts over) but in this case you can repeat always this trick (and is very difficult, not random), and this is accepted.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Xian Xi, go ahead and get rid of my score. I'll try to get on the leader board again someday with my super duper early mega hyper beta proto version of Garou MOTW that Gemant says I play on :mr_t:

Something tells me it won't take you long to beat my score :lolz:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'll leave the score in the list with a note in case someone in the future also has the bug and beats it.

So to be clear there will be 2 scores for MOTW listed, one with the known score limit and other with possible bug.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I think I'm gonna have to take time and isolate the "bug" to see what's actually going on.

If Gemant is correct and the top score for standard settings is 2.2mil then fucking a' i'm CLOSE :(
@Xian, don't forget to look at my score pic up above :p

Gemant

Member,
If Gemant is correct and the top score for standard settings is 2.2mil then fucking a' i'm CLOSE :(

mmmh... however I speak about "western top player" with MVS default settings.

2.182.600 pts is the best score that I see from 2000 in Garou, from a western player. However, with MVS default settings the top score in the world is again 4.627.400 pts.

IMO, your score is the neo-geo.com top score for Garou, but in Hall of fame I continue to see the old Giby bugged score (???), I don't understand.

Last edited:

Mero

New Challenger
Gemant, do you know the record for Gapporin/Pop n Bounce? I didn't see it on your list

Gemant

Member,
I not have WR for these games:

Futsal ~5 on 5 Mini Soccer
Tecmo World Soccer '96
Kunio no Nekketsu Toukyuu [DodgeBall] Densetsu
Puzzle de Pon! R
Gapporin
Puzzle Bobble 2 (neo geo version)
Musashi Ganryuki
Bang Bead

Because these game aren't available in Japan and I haven't informations about best scores in other countries.

Gemant

Member,
Stakes Winner (jap version) wolfmame.

Zero Fighter use (US Fighter in US version) 13 win, BC CLASSIC x 2, ARC DE TRIOMPHE win!

136890万円 (equivalent of 13.689.000$)

stak0012.png

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Say what? 136,890 is the same as 13 million?

Youre not using todays exchange rates are ya? HAHAHA!! :)

Gemant

Member,
Top jap is 137040万円. I miss 150万円 but where? There is some secrets in this game.....

NEO-GEO man

Its a tricky game yeah. I will have to try it on the Japan console at some point and see what the difference is.

NEO-GEO man

This sort of thing makes it really hard to compare who has the top score though cause this another of those games that cant really be compared between US/EURO version and Japan version... Maybe we need 2 separate scores on these sort of games.

Gemant

Member,
Score system is the same in both versions. Except for names, and for money ($ in US and ¥ in japanese) I see all identical (same course, same horses...). If you win 13 times (with BC classic x 2 and Arc De Triomphe) max score in US version is 13.689.000$ and in Japan version is 13689万円 (1万=10.000, 13689万円 = 136.890.000 Y). There are other differences?

Anselm

Camel Slug
Neo Turf Masters. Just tied my high score today. Almost got a -17 but I misjudged a 10 knot wind on an uphill green.
IMG_0833reduced.jpg

~Anselm~

NEO-GEO man

Score system is the same in both versions. Except for names, and for money ($ in US and ¥ in japanese) I see all identical (same course, same horses...). If you win 13 times (with BC classic x 2 and Arc De Triomphe) max score in US version is 13.689.000$ and in Japan version is 13689万円 (1万=10.000, 13689万円 = 136.890.000 Y). There are other differences?
I dont know, i cant read Japanese.