Official N-G.com fantasy English Premier League - LAST DAY TO REGISTER!

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Well, another season is nearly upon us. I've played in Yahoo leagues for the last few seasons, and have always thought about starting an N-G.com league.

It's completely free through Yahoo's system, and it's possible to be in as many leagues as you like - you can be in the proposed N-G.com league as well as in any other separate league groups that you might want to be in with co-workers, friends, etc.

Is anyone up for this idea? I know that we have plenty of members who follow the league closely.

Post here if you're up for it!

Last edited:

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
recon_zero said:
I'm in, but i'm sure many won't be

Great!

Let's wait and see the responses over the next day or so - there are plenty of English, Irish, and Scottish members here who follow the Premiership week in week out, a few ex-pats, and others who follow the league regularly.

I reckon if we get at least 5-6 others, it'll be worth doing a league. I'll set one up through Yahoo, and we can all go from there.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
If it's not too much of a hassle to start it, IE registering and stuff at some website, I'd be Chelsea.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Alright fellas, looks like enough people around, so the league is set up:

Go to http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football

If you don't have a Yahoo ID, you'll need to make one, but that's free too. There's a small message board attached to the group for gloating and other banter.

Join the following:

Group ID: 4907
Group password: 50shipped

I'm Forza Jambos...revealing my allegiance after last night's heartbreak :(

You've got a little while to build your team before the Premiership starts.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
if you join the league, post in the league message board what your username here is so we can keep track.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yahoo ID: kim_colombia Fav Team: Manchester United Team Name: Snakes on a Plane :buttrock:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Joined.

Yahoo ID: socialdistortion_00
Favorite Team: Liverpool F.C.
Team Name: Liverpool F.C.

skam

Super Spy Agent
ttt.

I'll get mine done later when I've got more time.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Daily bump - group ID and password are in post #9.

A number of you have already signed up - remember you've still got a full week before the Premiership kicks off, so you can join up and select your team later.

Those of you who've played Yahoo's fantasy before must be salivating at the cheapo point valuations of some of the new boys. I reckon almost every fantasy team worldwide will have Ballack and Sheva at the least...

If you haven't played Yahoo fantasy before, remember that the week for fantasy purposes is Saturday-Saturday, so if there are midweek fixtures, be sure that you know what week they're on.

For instance in the opening week, every team plays twice except:

Liverpool
Arsenal
Newcastle
Wigan

Be careful to select teams in relation to the number of fixtures they have in the Saturday-Saturday window. Duff might be a great fantasy selection for Toon (becuase his point value wasn't particularly high at the end of last season due to lack of playing time), but another wing player with cheap points value who gets in SCs and has two matches for the week (like Bobby Convey at Reading) might work out better at the start.

Looking forward to more folks joining up and to the mighty JTs pumping Falkirk tomorrow!

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Alright fellas - we're getting close. Teams need to be complete one hour before kick-off on Saturday (2 pm in the UK, 7 am Eastern, 4 am Pacific in North America). Remember, you only receive points as long as you have a full 11 in your squad.

I'd like to see at least a few more people join in the league (details in post #9).

I know that a lot more of you out there follow the Premiership, so join up!

Some useful links for fantasy purposes:

http://www.4thegame.com/statistics/

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

If you can't watch or listen to a particular match:

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/matchcast.html

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Come on, people - let's get some more joining up.

Teams need to be chosen by tomorrow one hour or so before kick-off of the first match.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I would totally help you out Gav, but I don't know shit about EPL. I want to join, but I'm already doing baseball and football atm, and I don't know how much I would keep up with it.

Good luck though, maybe I'll watch more this season and give it a shot next year.