Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I wish I went to Depeche Mode a few years ago. I'd still check them out with Dave and Martin, but it would've been much cooler to see them with Fletch in the lineup as well.

Inshakoor

New Challenger
Agreed, he's very missed. Such a sudden passing too. I've bene lucky enough to see them multiple times over the years and I personally still thought it was a great show. If you have the opportunity I say go for it.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
maybe not this summer too much shit going on. But I would love to see those guys

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I'm planning on moving in September, so I'm not really trying to make any plans until that is over. Hopefully I can get into MN in time to see Queens of the Stoneage

Inshakoor

New Challenger
Ah, well, I can see how that could complicate things. Best of luck on the move and fingers crossed for Queens of the Stoneage!

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Saw Watsky several weeks ago, had never seen him in person before and was worth the cheap tix. That white boy can spit rhymes faster than anybody I have ever heard.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I saw the Cure on Saturday. They were fantastic. Great performance, no backing tracks, and they played for at least two hours. Glad Simon is back on bass.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Peter Gabriel is on what I assume is his last tour and fuck these ticket reselling schemes. All of the good tickets have been bought and are going for 4x the actual price. Sigh, I might settle for never seeing him live.

I wanted to see Muse again but they never came to my area during their tour. They were the last band I saw before Covid.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I saw Peter Gabriel a few years ago. It was a birthday present for me…I refuse to pay $250 per ticket to sit in a folding chair in a basketball area with a gaggle of geezers.

We were very close, maybe sixth row. It was the So revival tour and the entire band from that period was there including the “stick man” himself. That aspect was worth it and I appreciate wanting to see PG but I have to say again that the best shows are almost always the cheaper ones. Gabriel is a unique figure, and massive inspiration for me on multiple levels, I even like his “new” stuff from 20 years ago but seriously, get thee to an indie club. Spend your money feeding the people who are young and cool now and need your money now and be a little bit cooler yourself in the process. The over the hill shows are so sad. Go to places like The Magic Stick and the Blind Pig and that kinda dump. Go to a church basement or a VFW. The Lesser Free Trade Hall, Manchester, June 1976. The KLF in a farmer’s field. That’s the stuff you remember forever. I never saw Niggy Tardust in no %#*#!-ing sports area named after a phone company.