offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Last time I tried to watch TNA there was a 50-something year old retired hockey player in the ring.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Johnny Ace has flipped on Vince and claimed that he was one of the victims too.

And the lawyer for the most recent accuser says that they are being swamped by calls and emails from more alleged victims who want to come forward.

Also, former WWF wrestler Nailz testified Vince sexually assaulted him in the 1992 steroid trial. Nobody took him seriously at the time but he never changed his story.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Johnny Ace has flipped on Vince and claimed that he was one of the victims too.
Props to him for such a bold and unexpected hail mary of a defense. Brock must be kicking himself he didn't think of it first, although he's in nowhere near the same level of trouble.

Vince has so much evidence laid out against him, I can't imagine the prosecution needing to offer Laurinaitis a deal for flipping.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Props to him for such a bold and unexpected hail mary of a defense. Brock must be kicking himself he didn't think of it first, although he's in nowhere near the same level of trouble.

Vince has so much evidence laid out against him, I can't imagine the prosecution needing to offer Laurinaitis a deal for flipping.
So far he hasn't been charged, he's just being sued for not paying out on the hush money NDA he signed the original victim to.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Sure, but it's coming. Especially if Vince loses this civil case (can't imagine he won't) and it emboldens everyone else to come forward.
There should have been a major investigation into this stuff in the 90s when the Rita Chatterton allegation, the Nailz allegation, and all the stuff with him covering up Pat Patterson's pedo squad came out.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
and all the stuff with him covering up Pat Patterson's pedo squad came out.
ah, fuck, I never heard about this. Pat Patterson's bad, too? This just gets more and more disappointing. How do you guys keep watching wrestling when every single person who's ever brought it to you is a piece of shit? I haven't watched in over 20 years, but all this is retroactively ruining the stuff I used to enjoy. Everyday, I'm afraid something will come out linking Jim Ross to all of this, at which point you might as well nuke the entire genre as far as I'm concerned.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ah, fuck, I never heard about this. Pat Patterson's bad, too? This just gets more and more disappointing. How do you guys keep watching wrestling when every single person who's ever brought it to you is a piece of shit? I haven't watched in over 20 years, but all this is retroactively ruining the stuff I used to enjoy. Everyday, I'm afraid something will come out linking Jim Ross to all of this, at which point you might as well nuke the entire genre as far as I'm concerned.
I stopped watching almost entirely after Tony Khan bought Ring of Honor, but yeah, 90% of anybody you can name in wrestling is a shitbag.

JR has never been accused of any misconduct on his own part as far as I know but he absolutely knew about a ton of the shit Vince did and has defended a ton of heinous shitbags like Flair (serial predator), Steve Austin (serial wifebeater), and Jerry Lawler (raped a 15 year old).

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Reigns vs. Rock at WrestleMania. Whoopie!!! (brownie points if you detect sarcasm in my writing) :tickled:

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Rock is in his 50s and Reigns has never been anything more than a below average in ring guy. Gonna be a sloppy, slow, gimmicky match.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Satoshi Kojima has won the MLW Heavyweight Championship for a 2nd time, 22 years after he won it the first time around. He has now been world champ twice each in NJPW, AJPW, and MLW and once in NOAH.

famicommander

15 Year Member
TNA has fired Scott D'Amore. He was the lead booker and business head of the company, and he also trained or helped train, among others:
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelley
Gail Kim
Rhino
Eric Young
Petey Williams
Kushida
Bobby Roode
Moose
Rosemary
Taylor Hendrix
Joe Doering
Allysin Kay
Tyson Dux

famicommander

15 Year Member
Following the release of her Playboy cover, Massaro claimed that McMahon attempted to "get [her] alone with him in his hotel room," repeatedly calling her hotel room phone and her cell phone. In response, Massaro contacted former WWE production chief Kevin Dunn, who instructed her to tell McMahon that she was not feeling well. In the days following, Massaro said that McMahon began personally writing promos scripts for her "with the clear intention of ruining [her] career."

"I brought the first script Vince wrote for me to the WWE employee in charge of Creative at the time, Michael Hayes, and he said, 'you're not saying this, who the [expletive] wrote this?' and I told him that Vince did," Massaro stated. "He said, 'Well kid, these are the breaks,' meaning that Vince wanted to end my career and destroy my reputation on my way out. He is known for this type of behavior and also did this to [REDACTED] upon her departure from WWE. In addition, after that night, each time I walk by him he would make vulgar sexual comments that were clearly designed to make me uncomfortable."

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/151392...-accuses-vince-mcmahon-preying-wwe-wrestlers/

This is after she had her rape accusation swept under the rug, right before she killed herself.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Happened to catch the AEW main event tonight and Matt Taven got a great match out of Orange Cassidy. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Elimination Chamber PLE begins at 5 am EST (3 am MST my time zone) and 2 am on the Pacific coast. Though I'll be up around the time, I'll be getting ready and heading to work so no real-time reports from me. Results will be posted when I get home from work. Thanks ;)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Tama Tonga wrapped up a 14 year run w/ NJPW.

Godspeed, G.o.D.!

I love this dude…Hope he lands on his feet.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Elimination Chamber PLE Results: 2-24-24

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to LeClair's complete report).

Only posting the bare basics here since there were only 4 matches...

(1) BIANCA BELAIR vs. RAQUEL RODRIGUEZ vs. TIFFANY STRATTON vs. LIV MORGAN vs. NAOMI vs. BECKY LYNCH – Women’s Elimination Chamber match to decide the #1 Contender for the Women’s World Championship

WINNER: Becky Lynch in 32:15

(Fun opener. The result never seemed in doubt, but they told a fun story to get there. The crowd was heavily invested in Tiffany Stratton, in particular, making for an entertaining first half as the new-comer earned her keep and the crowd alternating between booing and cheering the other women depending on who they were matched up against in the moment. Stratton was really impressive, not just in crowd reaction, but in her innovative offense and general presence in a ring full of pretty big stars. They should definitely have something with her on the main roster. I thought they did a nice job here of making each elimination feel earned and giving each of the wrestlers memorable spots, even in defeat. Lynch can now fully transition into WrestleMania mode, rather than trying to build a program that only existed as a “maybe” up until now.)

(2) THE JUDGMENT DAY (c, Finn Balor & Damian Priest, w/ Dominick Mysterio) vs. NEW CATCH REPUBLIC (Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate) – Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship match

WINNERS: The Judgment Day in 17:25 to retain the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships

(A strong, unique match befitting the style of Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate. Again, this outcome never really felt in much doubt, but I thought they did a solid job giving Dunne and Bate a number of big hope spots and major moves to make the action feel consequential and take the fans on enough of a ride to keep them invested. Dominick played his usual, effective foil and his removal added to the off-chance hope that this could be the moment for a title change. Though Dunne and Bate fell short here, this team feels like it has legs. With continued exposure and more of these strong matches under their belt, I think they could be a mainstay stalwart and give a pretty significant boost to the tag team division overall going forward.)

(3) KEVIN OWENS vs. BOBBY LASHLEY vs. LOGAN PAUL vs. RANDY ORTON vs. DREW McINTYRE vs. LA KNIGHT – Men’s Elimination Chamber match to decide the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship

WINNER: Drew McIntyre in 36:53

(Like the women’s match earlier in the night, the result here was never in doubt. It was more about the way in which they got there, and what they chose to set up along the way. This was an effective match. McIntyre, an unquestioned MVP of WWE TV in recent weeks, locks himself into a big World Title match at WrestleMania. We knew that was coming, though. Perhaps more interestingly, at this stage, was the two other ‘Mania matches presumably laid out during the course of this one. Randy Orton, who we’d long wondered where he may slot in, now looks poised for a date with Logan Paul. Meanwhile, LA Knight and A.J. Styles seem to have solidified their path to WrestleMania, too. Like the women’s chamber before it, I thought this did an admirable job of putting each wrestler in advantageous positions throughout. Only Kevin Owens’ appearance felt relatively unproductive. Though he managed to get some measure of revenge on Paul, he was quickly moved aside and eliminated by Orton. With Paul now starting a program with Randy, it certainly puts Owens’ position moving forward in some doubt.)

(4) RHEA RIPLEY (c) vs. NIA JAX – WWE Women’s World Championship match

WINNER: Rhea Ripley in 14:38 to retain the WWE Women’s World Championship

(For the fourth time tonight, the result never really felt in doubt. Nia Jax was a well built challenger of the month, a stepping stone on Rhea Ripley’s inevitable crash course with Becky Lynch at WrestleMania. They did a nice job getting Jax in position. She felt, for the first time in her career, like an actual, credible, big time challenger. Ripley had sold her attacks effectively. That, coupled with Ripley’s homecoming, made this feel like a worthy main event. The two worked exceptionally hard. Jax has not had a plethora of strong matches in her career, but I thought she played her role incredibly well here. Ripley was the babyface in peril throughout, hitting her big spots when the moments called for them. Letting her shine on her own, without Judgment Day, was the right move. Time to look forward to an exciting title match for WrestleMania.)

FINAL THOUGHTS: “Foregone conclusion” felt like the name of the game this morning. There was a certain laissez faire attitude when it came to WWE’s hype of Elimination Chamber. They knew a 5:00AM EST start time was a hard sell. They knew there were a number of key stars missing, and they likely predicted they’d have a rowdy, happy audience in Perth as they witnessed their first canonical WWE premium event. They were right. This wasn’t a particularly newsworthy show, but it was noteworthy for its number of WrestleMania developments, and general atmosphere. I thought three of the four matches fell into the “very good” category, while the main event provided enough novelty and star power in Rhea Ripley to get by and feel perfectly suitable. I’d call this a mild thumbs up overall, but it’s easy enough to recommend watching just based on the atmosphere alone.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tama Tonga wrapped up a 14 year run w/ NJPW.

Godspeed, G.o.D.!

I love this dude…Hope he lands on his feet.
NJPW is going to continue to take a beating on free agents because of the weak yen. That's why you see Okada leaving and that's why you see guys like Kojima and Suzuki working MLW in their spare time. Tama is 41, it's probably time for his last big money contract. He seems like a guy TNA would overpay, or at least would've before they just fired D'Amore.

He's had a hell of a run, though:
7X IWGP Tag Team Champion
4X NEVER Openweight Champion
4X NEVER Openweight Tag Team Champion
2X CMLL World Tag Team Champion
1X ROH World Tag Team Champion

10X tag cham, 4X trios champ, 4X midcard champ between NJPW, CMLL, and ROH.

Hopefully WWE or AEW give him that retirement deal he deserves.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Small tidbit to note folks: You may have noticed during the Elimination Chamber PPV streaming that the screen had temporarily been blacked out.
That is because the whole front row in Australia was flipping off Dominik Mysterio during the Undisputed Tag Team Championship Match so WWE had to black it out.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Small tidbit to note folks: You may have noticed during the Elimination Chamber PPV streaming that the screen had temporarily been blacked out.
That is because the whole front row in Australia was flipping off Dominik Mysterio during the Undisputed Tag Team Championship Match so WWE had to black it out.
I don't think no one is going to beat Dom in heat for the next few years.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I don't think no one is going to beat Dom in heat for the next few years.

Way to be his own man!

-too physically big to carry on his old man’s gimmick

-went from ho-hum, to ho-ly shit (!) within a couple of years, because he is coachable and humble.