offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Huge spoiler from the ROH TV taping tonight
Spoiler:
Dg-zn57W4AAP0ml.jpg

Didn't see that one coming. Great follow up to Best in the World last night, which was a fucking fantastic show.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
It sucks ass and so do Nick Aldis and Billy "chemtrails" Corgan.

Don't listen to Captain Autismo, 10 Pounds of Gold is fantastic and I'm really excited to see where they go with this new concept. Tim Storms story was really interesting and Aldis is playing the role of champ well.

I expect Cody to win the NWA title at All In.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tim Storm sucks ass. He's over 50 and his moveset is horrible.

Corgan said he'd already have a building and be running his own weekly shows by spring. He's a broke ass nutjob and his biggest contribution to wrestling so far was that retarded TNA MMA rounds championship.

famicommander

15 Year Member
NJPW revealed today that they have about 100,000 NJPW World subscribers, 40,000 of whom live outside of Japan.

I'd be very interested to know how that compares to Honor Club or Impact's Global Wrestling Network. I would imagine most NJPW World Subscribers in the US also subscribe to Honor Club, and vice versa.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Don't listen to Captain Autismo, 10 Pounds of Gold is fantastic and I'm really excited to see where they go with this new concept. Tim Storms story was really interesting and Aldis is playing the role of champ well.

I expect Cody to win the NWA title at All In.

I enjoyed Ten Pounds of Gold. And yeah, Tim Storm isn't great and neither is Aldis and the matches they had weren't very good (though Aldis can have a decent match with a really good worker). But despite the shortcomings of Storm and Aldis, I like the way that the rivalry was presented and that they didn't just have Storm drop the title to the heir apparent in the first matchup.

I don't expect Cody to win the title at All In. The tickets have already sold. If that is to happen, it will happen at another event.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I doubt Cody is booking himself to lose. Why else would they even invite the NWA? Their entire promotion is like six dudes and a YouTube channel. They have no roster to take advantage of, no brand recognition for people under 50, no TV show, no relationship with any venues, no valuable promotions to work with, no sponsors, no PPVs, nothing.

Just a sad, aging rocker in a scarf who regurgitates Alex Jones' talking points.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You don't win it on the first try. You have to milk it.
$$$$Booking$$$$$$

I'll tell you one thing, Dusty wouldn't book Cody to win it on the first shot.
Eric Bishoff might.
Vince Russo would also book cody to win on the first shot, but somehow the title would end up on a "little-person" by the end of the show.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Cody has already won the ROH World Title. The NWA title is a MASSIVE step down from that. It's like saying WWE would have to build a former WWE Champion up to win the NXT tag titles.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The ten pounds of gold is the most iconic belt in wrestling history.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Vince Russo would also book cody to win on the first shot, but somehow the title would end up on a "little-person" by the end of the show.

Hey David Arquette must be at least like 5'10".

famicommander

15 Year Member
The ten pounds of gold is the most iconic belt in wrestling history.

To people over 50.

The only times I have ever known who the NWA champion was in my life were when they were appearing on ROH, TNA, or NJPW programming. And all three of those promotions dropped the NWA from their shows because it provided no value.

The NWA died when Shane Douglas threw the title down in 1993.

Recent NWA champions include:
Tim Storm
Jax Dane
Rob Conway
Kahagas
Nick Aldis

They had Tenzan and Kojima about 12 years after their primes. That's about it.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm one of those who felt when WCW dropped their affiliation with the NWA it died.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm one of those who felt when WCW dropped their affiliation with the NWA it died.

I legitimately didn't know what the NWA was (besides the rap group) until 2002 when TNA started.

And then when TNA dropped them I didn't see them again until the belt briefly appeared on ROH TV, then it was gone again until it showed up on NJPW programming, then it was gone again until people started believing Billy Corgan's nonsense.

And I'm someone who has been into wrestling for as long as I can remember. When I was like 8 and we didn't have cable my grandma would record both Raw and Nitro for me every week.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm exactly in the demographic you mentioned, born in 66.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The NWA Title is the only title has been recognized at one time or another by the WWF (1998), WCW, ROH, TNA, ECW, SMW, NJPW, AJPW and CMLL.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
The NWA Title is the only title has been recognized at one time or another by the WWF (1998), WCW, ROH, TNA, ECW, SMW, NJPW, AJPW and CMLL.

So? Nobody gives a shit about it. That's why a nobody like Tim Storm had it, and that's why it was treated as a big deal when a guy that got laughed out of TNA won it.

If Cody dies win it, it'll only be because it's the belt he used to play with in his dad's office as a child.

And it's hilarious that you threw a territory like SMW in there with the big promotions.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So? Nobody gives a shit about it. That's why a nobody like Tim Storm had it, and that's why it was treated as a big deal when a guy that got laughed out of TNA won it.

If Cody dies win it, it'll only be because it's the belt he used to play with in his dad's office as a child.

ROH is recognizing it right now and making a deal out of it.
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/nwa-worlds-champion-make-roh-debut-edinburgh

And it's hilarious that you threw a territory like SMW in there with the big promotions.

It's on the WWE network.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Note: I don't currently consider the current NWA heavyweight title to be a "World Title" but I think it is approaching that status. If cody wins it and it can be recognized by ROH, NJPW and a few other big promotions, then it should be a "World" Title.

In my book, only the two WWE titles are currently "World" Titles (the smackdown title barely is hanging on). The rest of the "World" titles are really either regional or secondary titles. ROH's title might be getting close to being a real world title.

\

Recent NWA champions include:
Rob Conway

Nick Aldis

Conway defended the NWA title against Kojima at Wrestle Kingdom 8 front of 35,000 people.

And Nick Aldis is a former TNA "world" champion.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
-Putting Aldis in a match because Cody asked them to isn't "making a big deal".

-Being on WWE Network doesn't make SMW a major promotion. That's retarded. They're talking about putting Progress, ICW, and Evolve on there right now. Evolve draws like 150 people for most shows.

-The IWGP Heavyweight Championship, the major CMLL belts, the AAA Mega Championship, and the ROH World Championship are all world titles. They're defended in multimillion dollar international organizations, they're defended at shows the actual promotions themselves run instead of just leeching off other shows, and the people who win them are actual marketable stars.

-You said ROH/NJPW's titles aren't "world titles" but in the same breath said those promotions recognizing the NWA makes that belt a world title. That's contradictory nonsense.

Hell, the ROH title is defended in the US, Canada, Japan, Scotland, and England every single year at ROH shows.

-Aldis' TNA title run is remembered as one of the worst in history, and that's saying something. Then he got fat, left, came back, and was laughed out again.

The bottom line is:
-Billy Corgan is out of money, which is why he's doing nostalgia tours and not even paying the other shitty members of his shitty band
-Billy Corgan said by spring 2018 he'd have a dedicated venue for the NWA to run shows. He doesn't.
-Billy Corgan said he'd be running his own shows by now. He isn't.
-The NWA has precisely zero wrestlers signed to contracts
-The NWA has precisely zero sponsors

The NWA is a parasite at this point in time. They only get what other promotions will allow them to have without scraping them off and tossing them in the garbage.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
As I said, ROH's "World" title is approaching "World" status.

I'm not calling SMW a major promotion. I just threw it in there because I like it.

AAA and NJPW are regional promotions. Sorry.
AWA was on ESPN and made regular shots to Japan (and maybe Europe). I don't consider that title to be "World" (prior to superclash III).

Last edited: