offical wwe thread

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
-Anthem is now in 100% financial control of TNA, though Dixie Carter does still show up at the office
-Anthem is putting together a 2017 schedule that includes house shows, a live show in Orlando during Wrestlemania weekend, and the long delayed tour of India
-No word yet on a new UK TV deal after they lost their last partner earlier this year

I can't believe TNA actually seems to have stabilized. As much of a gong show as it's been at times, TNA is nothing if not resilient.

As much as I knock TNA which they rightly deserve my hope is that they start actually utilizing the talent they have, there's no reason for a thrown together hot shotted feud between Rosemary and Jade, down playing Eddie Edwards as the heavyweight champ, the X-Division and the tag division. I get that Broken Matt Hardy is like a freak occurrence for TNA and they did not expect that to catch on but damn it they have great talent that is equal to and in some cases some of those wrestlers are better then WWE can offer but the fact that TNA ignores them is bullshit and is a huge determent to TNA

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, video quality is ROH's number one problem and it makes no sense considering a fucking TV company owns them.

The live PPVs are in HD and depending on where you watch it, sometimes ROH TV is in HD. But all the archived/VOD content on the website are in 480p, and often times it's low bitrate 480p. And yeah, it's 2016. It's time to move away from DVD.

They need a brand new web player, an app, and Blu Ray.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wrestle Kingdom 11 main card

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kenny Omega

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

NEVER Openweight Championship: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs Hirooki Goto

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Gorillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) vs Great Bash Heel (Tomoaki Honma and Toki Makabe)

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (c) vs Roppongi Vice (Trent Baretta and Rocky Romero)

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship: Kushida (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi

ROH World Championship: Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs Adam Cole

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet: Ricochet, David Finlay, and Satoshi Kojima (c) vs Chaos (Will Ospreay, Yoshi Hashi, Tomohiro Ishii) vs Bullet Club (Adam Page, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Evil, and Sanada)

Cody Rhodes vs Juice Robinson

And the pre-show has the traditional NJPW Rumble and some weird promotional match where Tiger Mask wrestles an anime character

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Wrestle Kingdom 11 main card

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kenny Omega

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

NEVER Openweight Championship: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs Hirooki Goto

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Gorillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) vs Great Bash Heel (Tomoaki Honma and Toki Makabe)

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (c) vs Roppongi Vice (Trent Baretta and Rocky Romero)

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship: Kushida (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi

ROH World Championship: Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs Adam Cole

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet: Ricochet, David Finlay, and Satoshi Kojima (c) vs Chaos (Will Ospreay, Yoshi Hashi, Tomohiro Ishii) vs Bullet Club (Adam Page, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Evil, and Sanada)

Cody Rhodes vs Juice Robinson

And the pre-show has the traditional NJPW Rumble and some weird promotional match where Tiger Mask wrestles an anime character

I'm super excited for this. Should be a great night of matches.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Every Tiger Mask is a manga &/or anime character. Stoked to see the gimmicks live on.

Bummed that there is no NA PPV over a domestic TV broadcaster this year.

Sad trombone for GFW...

famicommander

15 Year Member
Is that still alive?

As alive as it ever was (which, at its peak, was still "barely").

I'm more of a Jarrett fan than most, but I ain't believing anything he says about GFW until I'm actually seeing it on my TV screen. The guy's a total mark for himself. He should give up on GFW and try to land a job as a producer or agent on ROH, LU, TNA, etc.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Oh shit, seeing some awesome rumors

Looks like ROH will officially crown a Women of Honor World Champion soon, and they will also begin offering contracts to the female wrestlers. Deonna Purrazzo, Kelly Klein, Mandy Leon, and Taeler Hendrix were specifically mentioned as likely to be offered contracts, but they're not the only ones.

I hope they start having WOH matches as regular parts of the TV show/PPVs. The web matches every Wednesday are cool and the WOH TV specials/VOD shows are great but it's time to start integrating it with the main product.

I want them to offer contracts to Hania the Huntress, Candice Le Rae, ODB, Kennadi Brink, and Rachael Ellering among others. WWE has been snatching up women a lot lately.

Seems like an odd time for Veda Scott to have left the company. Maybe she has something else in the works.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Bummed that there is no NA PPV over a domestic TV broadcaster this year.

never say never in this biz. Not what I would prefer; however, I'll take it:

5b899d70c7dda4ea2bb56b82b5dcd079.png

famicommander

15 Year Member
That's fantastic. Hopefully the present the matches in their entirety as they did with Wrestle Kingdom 10, versus standard episodes where they sometimes trim down the matches and don't generally show many of the undercard acts.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Cody Rhodes has had a hell of a run since leaving WWE

-debuts for TNA at their flagship PPV Bound for Glory, wins short feud over Mike Bennett
-has a nice TNA World Heavyweight Championship match with Eddie Edwards
-debuts for ROH by pinning Jay Lethal at Final Battle, ROH's flagship PPV
-debuts for NJPW via video at World Tag League, joins Bullet Club
-has a match at their flagship PPV, Wrestle Kingdom 11
-has a run through the indies which includes matches with Chris Hero, Kurt Angle, Marty Scurll, Tommaso Ciampa, Sami Callihan, and Zach Sabre jr among others
-gets to work gimmick matches with Ricky Steamboat (guest referee) and the Rock n Roll Express (six man tag)
-picks up some indie gold with the What Culture Pro Wrestling Internet Championship and the Global Force Wrestling NEX*GEN Championship
-appears as a guest villain on the DC TV show Arrow
-gets his wife, who has literally been wrestling less than a year, a contract in TNA

Meanwhile, nobody seems to give a shit about Ryback or Wade Barrett

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nigel McGuinness is confirmed to be leaving ROH, and is likely getting a trainer job at WWE.

They are also trying to sign BJ Whitmer to be a trainer, and of course they've just signed Steve Corino for the same purpose.

ROH alums Adam Pearce, Sara Del Rey, and Jimmy Jacobs are already trainers and/or writers in WWE.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cody Rhodes has had a hell of a run since leaving WWE

-debuts for TNA at their flagship PPV Bound for Glory, wins short feud over Mike Bennett
-has a nice TNA World Heavyweight Championship match with Eddie Edwards
-debuts for ROH by pinning Jay Lethal at Final Battle, ROH's flagship PPV
-debuts for NJPW via video at World Tag League, joins Bullet Club
-has a match at their flagship PPV, Wrestle Kingdom 11
-has a run through the indies which includes matches with Chris Hero, Kurt Angle, Marty Scurll, Tommaso Ciampa, Sami Callihan, and Zach Sabre jr among others
-gets to work gimmick matches with Ricky Steamboat (guest referee) and the Rock n Roll Express (six man tag)
-picks up some indie gold with the What Culture Pro Wrestling Internet Championship and the Global Force Wrestling NEX*GEN Championship
-appears as a guest villain on the DC TV show Arrow
-gets his wife, who has literally been wrestling less than a year, a contract in TNA

That's 'cause Cody is actually very talented in all areas. He's proficient on the mat, amateur background, a great striker, knows ring psychology, evolved tremendously on the mic ever since his clear mask run and he's winging it freely. I bet he feels a lot more accomplished now than he ever did with WWE. I love his wife, Eden is gorgeous, would love to see her wrestle.

Edit: If he ever comes back to WWE, he should be able t tae it by storm, he's always been top caliber in my book, I dunno how he never climbed to the top, he has it all.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That's 'cause Cody is actually very talented in all areas. He's proficient on the mat, amateur background, a great striker, knows ring psychology, evolved tremendously on the mic ever since his clear mask run and he's winging it freely. I bet he feels a lot more accomplished now than he ever did with WWE. I love his wife, Eden is gorgeous, would love to see her wrestle.

Edit: If he ever comes back to WWE, he should be able t tae it by storm, he's always been top caliber in my book, I dunno how he never climbed to the top, he has it all.

I'd love to see Eden wrestle me.

I blame Trips and creative for why he never went anywhere.

I lol'd hard.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
-Michael Elgin is done appearing for ROH as a regular; he's full time NJPW now and will only appear for ROH on the co-promoted supershows
-NJPW is going to start running shows on the West Coast. You've got to figure they're booking ROH and maybe CMLL talent for them. They're still going to do the co-promoted shows with ROH and their talent will still show up on regular ROH shows, but they're going to run shows with just NJPW promoting and producing also.
-Nigel McGuinness isn't going to be a trainer in WWE (at least initially). Instead he's hosting a tournament on WWE Network to crown an inaugural WWE United Kingdom Champion. Nigel and Michael Cole will be on commentary.
-The Shield stable in WWE was originally supposed to be CM Punk leading Rollins, Ambrose, and Chris Hero. But Vince scrapped it and instead decided to use the angle to get Reigns over and teach him how to wrestle
-It has been confirmed that several women have been offered exclusive contracts by Ring of Honor. Full on women's division coming, with a tournament to crown the first ever Women of Honor World Champion.
-Cody Rhodes has taken the nickname "The American Nightmare" in reference to his father after his recent heel turn

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cody Rhodes would be awesome in Lucha Underground.

Rhodes is one of the best at work the Luchadors.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
-The Shield stable in WWE was originally supposed to be CM Punk leading Rollins, Ambrose, and Chris Hero. But Vince scrapped it and instead decided to use the angle to get Reigns over and teach him how to wrestle

So when do they start teaching him?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Anybody else catch Total Nonstop Deletion?

There were some cool cameos. Hurricane Helms (in character), the Rock N Roll Express, Road Warrior Animal, Hornswoggle, Disco Inferno, etc.

Matt Hardy said even "the man with 3 Hs" would be proud of the way he and Helms buried promising young talent (as they were literally burying the defeated Helms Dynasty with shovels).

EDIT:
found a video

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Oh shit, seeing some awesome rumors

Looks like ROH will officially crown a Women of Honor World Champion soon, and they will also begin offering contracts to the female wrestlers. Deonna Purrazzo, Kelly Klein, Mandy Leon, and Taeler Hendrix were specifically mentioned as likely to be offered contracts, but they're not the only ones.

I hope they start having WOH matches as regular parts of the TV show/PPVs. The web matches every Wednesday are cool and the WOH TV specials/VOD shows are great but it's time to start integrating it with the main product.

I want them to offer contracts to Hania the Huntress, Candice Le Rae, ODB, Kennadi Brink, and Rachael Ellering among others. WWE has been snatching up women a lot lately.

Seems like an odd time for Veda Scott to have left the company. Maybe she has something else in the works.

Given how Taeler had her own promo vignettes and Kelly is still undefeated I was hoping something was going to happen

If I remember correctly, it was a multi-level marketing or pyramid scheme wrapped around a wrestling company.

When I heard that I was like Jeff........what are you doing?

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Deonna Purrazzo is fucking everywhere in 2016

2 TNA One Night Only PPV appearances this year
sporadic appearances for NXT all year
appeared on WWE Smackdown this week
appeared on ROH TV this week and earlier this year
appeared on ROH Women of Honor Wednesdays this week and several times this year

22 years old, less than 2 years experience and she's already getting booked by the 3 biggest wrestling promotions in the US

Hopefully ROH can lock her into a contract. She's really good, and obviously WWE and TNA both see something in her.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Roadblock PPV Results: 12-18-16

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Keller's ongoing report).

Pre-Show

(A) BIG CASS (w/Enzo) vs. RUSEV

Cass dominated early. They cut to a very early commercial break. Rusev rolled to the floor after a corner splash. Cass went for a big boot as Rusev stood on the ring apron. Rusev jumped back to the floor. Cass pursued him. Rusev tried to bail out into the crowd. They brawled among fans. Lana came up behind Enzo. Enzo turned around quickly. Lana pretended she hurt her angle. Rusev attacked Enzo from behind. When Cass came to Enzo's aid, Rusev rolled into the ring to beat the count. The ref counted out Cass. The announcers said Rusev outsmarted Cass.

WINNER: Rusev via countout.

Main Show

(1) THE NEW DAY vs. CESARO & SHEAMUS WWE Raw Tag Team Title match

The New Day came out. Big E pretended he thought the name of the PPV was Rock Block and cited how everyone has faced the situation when the best friend of a girl your with interfered. Kofi Kingston explained it was called Road Block. Xavier sang. They danced. Then out came Cesaro & Sheamus.

When Cesaro went for a Neutralizer, Big E blocked it. Cesaro came back with a flying uppercut. He signaled for the Swing, but Kofi intervened. Sheamus dove toward Kfoi, but hit Cesaro. Xavier from ringside then kicked Cesaro. Big E hit the Big Ending and got a near fall. Big E got wide-eyed with surprise. They cut to a crowd reaction of fans responding with shock. Byron said it was yet another instance of New Day using the é￾￾hird man advantage to win a match.

Cesaro took Kofi off the top rope with a huracanrana. Sheamus gave Big E a Brogue Kick at ringside as Cesaro gave him the Giant Swing. He followed with a sharpshooter mid-ring. Kofi tapped out, but the ref didn't see it because he was scolding Xavier for standing on the ring apron. Cesaro then countered Kofi and hit the Neutralizer (which looked nearly as potentially dangerous as a botched Styles Clash during the execution), but Big E interfered to break up the three count at the very last second. The crowd chanted This is awesome! Cesaro dove onto Xavier at ringside. Sheamus then signaled for the Brogue Kick. Xavier shoved Kofi out of the way and at the Brogue. Kofi landed the S.O.S. for a believable near fall.

Sheamus reached to hot-tag Cesaro, but Cesaro pulled his hand away. Kofi thought Cesaro tagged in and schoolboyed him. However, Sheamus was still legal and dove onto Kofi and scored the pin. That was damn clever of Cesaro and Sheamus. Graves said they outsmarted New Day.

Afterward, New Day entered the ring and handed the belts to Cesaro and Sheamus. Cesaro and New Day hugged. Sheamus grabbed the belts and stood on the second rope and raised the belts to celebrate. Cesaro went into the crowd and celebrated among fans in the firs few rows. They cheered Cesaro raising his arms and booed Sheamus when he raised his.

WINNERS: Cesaro & Sheamus to capture the WWE Tag Team Titles. (***)

Good match with a handful of convincing near falls. I'm still not sure what they're doing with New Day using the so-called t￾￾hird-man advantage, but it sure made Cesaro & Sheamus the babyfaces here. The worst part of this title change is that it happened right after New Day set the record, so it just felt a little too convenient. I wish the announcers openly speculated whether New Day let their guard down a bit after setting the record, leaving them vulnerable. At least they're create a storyline reason for the all-too-convenient timing of the title change.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Roadblock PPV Results: 12-18-16

(2) SAMI ZAYN vs. BRAUN STROWMAN Zayn must last ten minutes

They put a countdown clock on the screen. Cole said 30 seconds in that Sami had to survive nine-and-a-half more minutes. Strowman began beating up Sami early. He tossed Sami far across the ring, then looked down at him with his eyes bugged out. When Sami rolled to the floor, Braun went and got him. At 2:40 Sami ducked a charging Braun and pulled down the top rope. Braun flipped to the floor, but when Sami dove at him, Braun caught him and dropped him over the edge of the ring apron. Cole asked Graves how does someone stop Braun. Graves said it can't be done.

Braun battered Sami for a few more minutes. Foley walked out to ringside holding a white towel. Braun threw Sami to the floor. Braun told Foley he could save his career by throwing in the towel. Sami said he could keep fighting. You can end this, said Braun. Sami grabbed the towel and threw it into the crowd. He looked at Foley and said, Not like that! Braun beat up Sami from behind. Sami told Foley he could have stopped it, but now he’s going to end it.

Braun charged at Sami, but Sami moved and Braun went face-first into the ringpost hard. Braun charged again, but Sami ducked and Braun destroyed the time keeper's area like the finish to a game of Jenga. With one minute left, Sami lay in the ring as Strowman got his senses and returned to the ring himself. Sami avoided a charging Braun, who went shoulder-first into the corner. Sami dove off the top rope and hit a flying body press for a two count. Braun powered out and sent Sami to the floor. sami returned and gave Braun a Helluva Kick. As he set up a second one, the bell rang. Sami collapsed.

WINNER: Sami Zayn via technicality because he survived ten minutes. (*1/2)

Ten minutes wasn't really long enough nor was the beating so severe that it justified fans feeling much drama when Foley teased throwing in the towel. If the angle were done in a territory back in the 1980s, they'd have take more latitude with blood and brutality to build the notion Sami was in serious trouble of his career ending. Foley just seemed overly protective here. Sami rallying at the end when the bell rang was probably the right finish out of a few lousy conclusions to this gimmick match.

(3) CHRIS JERICHO vs. SETH ROLLINS

Pretty lackluster pace without much crowd heat at all as they methodically worked a basic match. The fans just didn't have a real investment in seeing either of these two lose. When Seth went for a Pedigree several minutes in, Seth avoided it and went for the Walls. Seth escaped, but Jericho hit an enzuigiri. Seth shoved Jericho over the top rope as he set up a Lionsault. Seth then did a running dive through the ropes and knocked Jericho over. Back in the ring Jericho managed to apply the Walls of Jericho mid-ring. Seth cried out in pain. He finally crawled over to grab the bottom rope for a small cheer. Seth missed a frog splash a minute later when Jericho moved. Jericho then landed the Lionsault for a two count.

Seth caught Jericho with a Falcon Arrow for a near fall. Seth escaped another Walls. Owens came out to help Jericho. Seth nailed him with a forearm. Jericho yelled at him to stay off his business. Seth then surprised Jericho with a running knee and a Pedigree.

WINNER: Rollins. (**1/4)

Average match with a predictable finish. The crowd just wasn't invested in either wrestler losing or winner, so they cheered a bit for some of the higher points of the action, but mostly were resting for a match where they had a real rooting interest.

Last edited: