offical wwe thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Let's hope they treat him right. Hideo Itami didn't do too well, which is too bad 'cause he started well, did he get hurt? He just faded into obscurity...

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
If NXT nabbed Ibushi that's great. His match with Kenny Omega a few years back was amazing.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I know. I'm just hoping once folks see Nakamura's popularity that theyll wanna come over.

I'd still rather see them in NJPW. It's good that they don't seem to be holding Nakamura and AJ back so far but I have no faith that it will last.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'd still rather see them in NJPW. It's good that they don't seem to be holding Nakamura and AJ back so far but I have no faith that it will last.

You're the most anti WWE person I've seen post here, so I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm personally very happy with how they're handling these guys and hopefully the product on the main roster changes because of them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
WWE history would indicate that they're more likely to try to change those guys to work into the main roster than change the way the main show operates to accomodate the new guys.

And yes, I am very anti WWE because there's no fucking excuse for the dogshit quality shows they put out almost every week. I'm glad NXT is still good right now, but there's no god damn excuse for their Wrestlemania card and there's no excuse for Raw and Smackdown every week. They have the talent, they have the platform, they have the resources, they have the know how, they have everything required to put on good shows and they simply don't do it.

To be clear I still plan on watching this Takeover show and have heard nothing but good things about it. But I've been watching WWE pretty much my entire life and that experience has showed me that they will always find a way to fuck up a good thing. Especially when their existence isn't threatened by a real competitor like mid 90s WCW.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What's funny about that? WCW was a real competitor, regardless of what any of us think of their product. They were curb-stomping WWF in the ratings until the wheels started to fall off in late 1998-1999.

They literally almost drove Vince out of business, and as a result the WWF upped their game significantly and gave us DX, Austin v McMahon, the Rock's gradual face turn, Mankind vs Taker, etc. WCW forced WWF to start running Raw live, they forced WWF to start targeting more than just children with their product, they forced them to stop doing so many throwaway matches on TV, they forced them to build a cruiserweight division.

WCW was good for the industry even if it became a gong show by the end.

TNA has never been able to be a real competitor and as a result Vince has been coasting for a decade and a half.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Let's hope they treat him right. Hideo Itami didn't do too well, which is too bad 'cause he started well, did he get hurt? He just faded into obscurity...

He got hurt.

Great NXT show last night. It unfortunately farted out in the final match, though. I wonder if Joe's bleeding changed the match a whole lot because they still had plenty of time to do more. The crowd reaction to the WWE's reaction to the blood was incredible. Hopefully for WWE's sake there was some real danger to Joe's health that made that match fart out because once they started trying to get Joe to stop bleeding, it killed the momentum of the show.

famicommander

15 Year Member
There were rumors a few months back that Itami/KENTA is unhappy in NXT and wants out. Not sure if they were true or not. Maybe Nakamura coming over will be good for him.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
He got hurt.

Great NXT show last night. It unfortunately farted out in the final match, though. I wonder if Joe's bleeding changed the match a whole lot because they still had plenty of time to do more. The crowd reaction to the WWE's reaction to the blood was incredible. Hopefully for WWE's sake there was some real danger to Joe's health that made that match fart out because once they started trying to get Joe to stop bleeding, it killed the momentum of the show.

Apparently they were going back and forth about the winner right up until.the start of the match. The trainer's trying to stop the blood was legit, but Joe played off them really well.
Tbh, Nakamura's debut did that crowd in for the rest of the night.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Sending trainers out to derail a title match on a major live show due to a little blood perfectly encompasses why I don't want ROH/NJPW guys to keep jumping to NXT. That shit would not happen in Ring of Honor.

(i'm still gonna watch)

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
WWE history would indicate that they're more likely to try to change those guys to work into the main roster than change the way the main show operates to accomodate the new guys.

And yes, I am very anti WWE because there's no fucking excuse for the dogshit quality shows they put out almost every week. I'm glad NXT is still good right now, but there's no god damn excuse for their Wrestlemania card and there's no excuse for Raw and Smackdown every week. They have the talent, they have the platform, they have the resources, they have the know how, they have everything required to put on good shows and they simply don't do it.

To be clear I still plan on watching this Takeover show and have heard nothing but good things about it. But I've been watching WWE pretty much my entire life and that experience has showed me that they will always find a way to fuck up a good thing. Especially when their existence isn't threatened by a real competitor like mid 90s WCW.

I think a lot of the problems with the main shows is they've hired a fuck ton of Hollywood writers who do not like wrestling and only took the job cause it's a gig. You wanna treat your main shows as a comic book movie Vince? Hire some comic book writers, insane weekly drama is the norm for those guys.

And fire Kevin Dunn

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Apparently they were going back and forth about the winner right up until.the start of the match. The trainer's trying to stop the blood was legit, but Joe played off them really well.
Tbh, Nakamura's debut did that crowd in for the rest of the night.

Nah, the first couple minutes of Balor/Joe were still pretty hype. Balor came out with a CHAINSAW!!! Granted, it was a rather crappy effect, the chainsaw sound was weak, but it somehow still worked for me. Then the first skirmish of the match up to the dive out of the ring were red hot. It was only then that the blood became a factor.

If anything, the crowd kept the momentum from getting worse. There was still plenty of energy in the crowd, as evidenced by the ferocity of the "FUCK YOU PG!!!" at one point.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sending trainers out to derail a title match on a major live show due to a little blood

Especially a show that isn't even on TV.

PPV's and Network Content should have more permissible material. Linda McMahon's Senate aspirations weren't derailed by the violence, but the misogyny. I can do without the misogyny. But a little violence is ok.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I didn't know. I thought they'd put a random non title match on.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE WrestleMania PPV Results: 4-3-16

Running late today because of work and doing some shopping. I'll start posting results and such in a little bit. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: After the show, I'll fix all the mistakes in the posts as the 'copy-n-paste' methods are leaving their typical strange marks. Thanks.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE WrestleMania 32 PPV Results: 4-3-16

Pre-show results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report).

A U.S. champion KALISTO vs. RYBACK United States Title match

Early 敵oldberg chant for Ryback. Kalisto and Ryback did the David vs. Goliath match as people in the building tried to engage. Kalisto sent Ryback to the floor, but Ryback turned it around on the floor. Ryback stood tall in the ring before WWE faded to a 哲etwork break.

Back from break, Ryback scored a nearfall. Meanwhile, fans facing the hard camera entertained themselves with this weird setting of empty chairs everywhere as the opening match unfolded. Ryback eventually tried to play to the crowd, then he delivered a running Michinoku Driver for a two count. Lawler said itç—´ only a matter of time until Ryback finishes the champ.

Ryback took Kalisto to the top turnbuckle and said this is his WrestleMania Moment. Ryback hoisted him in the air for an extended-length delayed superplex, but Kalisto turned it around in mid-air. Ryback shook him off, but walked right into a DDT. Kalisto snapped off a running huracanrana for a two count. Then a corkscrew elbow smash for a nearfall. Ranallo said Kalisto is tributing Hyabusa tonight, then Ryback smashed him to the mat.

Ryback taunted Kalisto, telling the little guy to get up. Kalisto ended up ripping away the middle turnbuckle before Ryback tried a powerbomb. Kalisto landed on his feet, though, and shoved Ryback into the exposed steel. Kalisto then jumped off the ropes into a springboard Salida del Sol on Ryback for the pin and the win. The match conveniently ended right before the top of the hour when USA picks up their pre-show coverage.

WINNER: Kalisto at 8:58 to retain the U.S. Title. As expected, Kalisto retained and Ryback had an ç™»ut taking the exposed steel before losing. Mid-card action in front of a crowd slowly filing into the building. (**)

B TEAM TOTAL DIVAS (BRIE BELLA & ALICIA FOX & NATALYA & EVA MARIE & PAIGE) vs. TEAM BAD & BLONDE (NAOMI & TAMINA & LANA & EMMA & SUMMER RAE) 10-Divas tag match

The match broke down into a 10-Divas stand-off and WWE cut to an early 哲etwork break.

Back from break, Eva Marie was in the ring drawing boos from the fans in the building. Eva then played up not getting along with her teammates and slap-tagged Natalya into the match. The heels isolated Natalya until Paige hot-tagged into the match. Wrestlers came in and out trying to get in their big moves until Lana tagged in making her in-ring debut. Russian bicycle kick to Paige, then she taunted Brie. She left on a high note, bringing in Tamina.

The match built to a Tower of Doom spot with Paige trying to wipe out the heels. Eventually, she just dove onto heels down at ringside, drawing applause from her teammates. Paige then tagged in Brie, who teed off on Total Divas escapee Naomi with Yes! kicks. Eva then brought the match to a screeching halt and took a kick to the face from Summer Rae. Chaos ensued with Divas in and out of the ring. It came down to Brie and Naomi, who walked into an armbar into the Yes! Lock. Naomi fought, but tapped out, giving Brie her pre-retirement send-off.

Post-match, Nikki Bella walked down the ramp to the ring in wrestling gear while sporting a neckbrace. Nikki hugged everyone in the ring, then the Total Divas did a curtain call. Brie was hoisted into the air.

WINNERS: Team Total Divas at 11:25. The match built, then kind of fell off at the end when they tried to get everyone in the ring for chaos. Fine farewell for Brie. (*3/4)

3 THE USOS (JIMMY & JEY USO) vs. THE DUDLEYS (BUBBA RAY & DEVON)

WWE cut to a USA break about 30 seconds in, but the Network feed stayed with the match. The Dudleys took control of the match, wearing down Jimmy. Bubba talked a lot of trash, which was audibly micå¼¾d for added effect. He said he was going to beat him up like he did his daddy Rikishi.

Bubba wanted to tribute Stan Hansen with a lariat, but Jimmy finally escaped to tag in Jey, who unfortunately walked into a top-rope diving headbutt combo from Devon to Usoç—´ crotch. Bubba and Devon teased getting the tables, going against their heel statement of never using tables again, but Jimmy superkicked them. The crowd booed, of course. The Dudleys wanted a 3D, but Jey superkicked Devon in the mouth after Jimmy cleared Bubba from the ring. Jey then covered Devon for the pin and the win.

WINNERS: Usos at 5:18. A basic Raw TV match that the crowd didn稚 really engage in since theyæ±♥e not into the over-exposed and under-developed Usos and fans wanted the Dudleys in a bigger match. (**)

Post-match, the crowd booed the outcome until Bubba returned to the ring to knock down the Usos. The crowd popped for the Dudleys teasing tables usage, which Ranallo said was hypocritical. Bubba and Devon set up tables in the ring, but The Usos cut them off to boos. The Usos put Devon and Bubba on the tables, then hit stereo splashes through the tables. Well, at the least the Dudleys got to do a Hall of Fame induction last night.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE WrestleMania 32 PPV Results: 4-3-16

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's real-time report).

1 IC champion KEVIN OWENS vs. SAMI ZAYN vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. THE MIZ vs. STARDUST vs. ZACK RYDER vs. SIN CARA seven-way Intercontinental Title ladder match

The match started with Owens and Zayn, popping the crowd for the match-up they wanted to see for the belt. Stardust, in Dusty Rhodes black & gold polka-dots, cracked them across the back with a ladder to get some ring time. Owens then back-dropped Zayn onto a ladder. 展ho do you think you are? This is KOMania! Go back to NXT! he shouted. Ryder then smashed Owens and teased climbing. Hard to tell if the crowd was booing (wanting someone besides Ryder to win) or wooing like three years ago.

Zayn suddenly went nuts with a trademark flip dive through a ladder taking out five dudes on the floor. He then ran across the floor to Torpedo DDT Owens on the outside of the ringside area. The crowd went nuts for the sequence. Zayn tried to get back in the ring and take the belt, but Sin Cara cut him off on the ladder. Sin Cara then wiped out dudes on the floor with a springboard top-rope splash.

Back in the ring, Ziggler paid tribute to Mr. WrestleMania Shawn Michaels with a superkick before trying to climb the ladder. But, Owens pushed him down and both men superkicked each other. Suddenly, Stardust went under the ring to retrieve a black polka-dotted ladder, popping the crowd for the Papa Dusty tribute. Stardust, fired up, cleaned the ring of opponents. But, Owens returned to the ring to smash Miz with a neckbreaker across his leg.

Owens chucked the polka-dot ladder out of the ring, then Zayn attacked him. But, Owens cut him off and put him on a ladder. Owens then climbed to the top turnbuckle and delivered a giant frogsplash to Zayn, crunching the ladder. Owens sold injuring himself with the splash, giving Miz an opening to attack him from behind. But, Owens shook him off and delivered a pop-up powerbomb. Ryder cut off Owens, then climbed to the top of a ladder and delivered a giant elbow drop to Miz as his head brushed against the title belt hanging from the ceiling.

Ryder and Ziggler then climbed a ladder and battled before knocking each other down from the ladder. Ziggler sold injuring his left knee on the landing. Dolph hopped up a ladder on one leg, but Owens grabbed him and delivered a powerbomb off the ladder. Sin Cara got some spotlight, but Zayn cut him off trying to climb. Owens then pushed Cara off the ladder and he crashed through Stardust and the ladder Cody was resting on, taking out both men down on the floor.

Owens was alone in the ring looking to climb, but Zayn scampered back into the ring to cut him off. Another Owens-Zayn battle, this time on top of a ladder with the title belt hanging over their head. Hand on the belt. Another hand. Owens thumbed Zayn int he eye, but Zayn refused to let Owens grab the belt. T-bone suplex into a ladder, wiping out Owens.

Zayn wanted to climb the ladder. JBL said heç—´ leaving WrestleMania as IC champion, which meant he was not. And, Miz ruined his moment knocking Zayn off the ladder. Miz started climbing to boos, then he gloated about winning the title, but Ryder suddenly climbed up the ladder and pushed him down from behind. Ryder, alone, got a mixed reaction, but then he reached up and grabbed the title belt to a loud pop.

Post-match, Ryder celebrated on the ladder, looking as fired up as anyone ever has winning a ladder match. Ryder痴 dad then hopped into the ring and met Ryder when he climbed down from the ladder. After a replay of Ryder winning the match, they cut back to Ryder standing on top of the ladder woo-woo-woo段ng with the crowd. Cole said he toiled for 10 years and finally accomplished his dream.

WINNER: Ryder at 15:23 to capture the Intercontinental Title. Exciting match with some nice, tight sequences, especially the Owens-Zayn business that can lead into TV. Ryder痴 win was completely out of nowhere if you didn稚 see the betting lines completely flip on Saturday. There was hardly any story build-up other than Ryder getting a fluke win over Chris Jericho on Raw leading into Mania. (***1/4)

2 A.J. STYLES vs. CHRIS JERICHO

Styles entered the ring and soaked it up as the opening bell sounded. The crowd picked up a loud é„♥-J-Styles chant, taunting Jericho. Jericho got the upper hand, but Styles clotheslined him over the top rope. On the floor, Jericho grabbed a chair and chucked it to the ground in frustration.

Styles chased Jericho back into the ring and slammed him, then nailed an innovative armdrag. Styles then one-upped Jericho after avoiding his offense, sending Jericho flying to the floor. Styles wanted a plancha, but Jericho kicked Styles in mid-air.

Back in the ring, Jericho worked on Styles. He lost focus, though, allowing Styles to nail rapid-fire slaps and strikes into a leaping dropkick. Styles wanted to follow up, but Jericho rolled through into the Walls of Jericho in the middle of the ring. Styles dragged himself to the bottom rope to break free, though.

The match moved to the top turnbuckle, where Jericho yelled at Styles as he pounded him with forearms. Styles blocked, then grappled Jericho and delivered a front-face superplex that put both men down on the mat. Both men returned to their feet and Styles wanted the Pele Kick, but Jericho grabbed Stylesç—´ foot and put him back in the Walls of Jericho. Styles fought the hold, then rolled underneath Jericho to punch and kick free. And he flowed into the Calf Crusher submission. Jericho slapped himself around refusing to tap out. He then elbowed Styles in the back of the head and nearly pinned him.

Jericho tried to attack Styles, who caught him in mid-air for a Clash teaser. Jericho blocked, then dumped Styles over the top rope to the ring apron. Styles rocked him with a forearm, then went for the springboard forearm, but Jericho ducked and nailed the Codebreaker. Jericho was slow to make a cover, though, allowing Styles to kick out. Jericho sold being shocked that he wasn稚 able to finish off Styles.

Reset at 12:00 with Jericho slapping around Styles. He wanted the Styles Clash with a big grin on his face, but Styles knew the counter to his own finisher and flowed into a wheelbarrow slam for a close two count. They went into a reverse/counter sequence ending with Styles nailing the Styles Clash in the middle of the ring. The crowd went nuts. But, Jericho kicked out, causing the crowd to go mental.

Reset at 15:00 with both men selling exhaustion. Styles walked into a forearm strike, but Styles smashed him back. Big knock down blow by Styles, but he ran right into boots from Jericho. Jericho wanted the Lionsault, but Styles blocked with knees to the gut. Styles then wanted a springboard 450 splash, and he connected. Styles covered, but Jericho kicked out again. Styles sat up with a fired-up look on his face, then he snap-suplexed Jericho.

Styles got up and removed his elbow pad with a crazy look in his eyes. Styles wanted the Phenomenal Forearm as Jericho sold on the mat. Styles fired up the crowd before he approached Jericho for the forearm, but the ref was obviously way too close. Styles hesitated when Jericho pulled the ref in the way and he was able to grab Styles for a mid-air Codebreaker. Jericho covered Styles for the win as the announcers argued about Jericho using the ref to defeat Styles.

WINNER: Jericho at 17:10. A very good WrestleMania match with an anti-climatic ending. WWEç—´ booking plans changed on this one to Jericho winning, making you wonder if they were going to have a big run-in to cause Styles to lose, but instead it was a slight heel tactic from Jericho to get his win and give Styles an ç™»ut. TV follow-up will be interesting to see if they have a fifth match to decide the series. (***3/4)