offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think it's safe to say that WWE is in the Kevin Owens business. Cena's promo wandered a bit and was a little pandering (okay, a lot pandering), but ultimately I think he succeeded in putting Owens over. It's dumb to flat out say "biggest debut of all-time!" but it really is hard to think of anyone who's come up and received a more impressive push/endorsement (Shield are the only competitor, I think).

Giant had a huge push right out of the gate at WCW. Especially considering that he was 100% unknown when he debuted.

One big thing that the WWE brass liked about Ownes/Steen is that he was able to carry his fanbase (and more importantly merchandising base) over from the Indies when he came to NXT/WWE.

I guess the idea is that Samoa Joe might do the same. He would also make a great opponent for Roman Reigns.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Kevin Owens era marks the beginning of the HHH era (at the helm).
Vince and co. would have never pushed him like that.

You [people other than VKM] can't mistake the marketability of a guy who looks like a fan rather than a wrestler yet is athletic enough to do a Swanton Bomb over the ropes.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm convinced his black & white trunks are the last grab by Dunn to save face

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
To be fair, Cryme Time was pretty hot for a while. Then... well, you'd have to read the book to see what happened. It's REALLY good.

I've heard enough from him on how he got paid to be a stereotype like R-Truth

He can try to cover it up in a book all he wants but he's coonery is still coonery

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Going to be a good night of wrestling

Lucha Underground on El Rey, the premiere of Ring of Honor on Destination America, the first night of Impact in its new timeslot. Plus NXT if you have WWE Network (I don't; if they put all of ECW Hardcore TV and ECW on TNN on there, I'd bite though).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Did the Miz come out of the closet?

Looked more like the Miss at RAW.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I've heard enough from him on how he got paid to be a stereotype like R-Truth

He can try to cover it up in a book all he wants but he's coonery is still coonery

I'm telling you, read the book! You'd be surprised on how he felt about doing the gimmick the first few times he was approached.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I am so buying that book. Y'all done convinced me.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The first episode of ROH on Destination America did decent numbers.

It did a total of 273,000 viewers between its first airing and its replay, compared to 369,000 for Impact and its replay.

Consider also that ROH's first run was in the same timeslot as NXT on WWE Network and Lucha Underground on El Rey. And ROH's show is produced for Sinclair Broadcast/syndication/streaming, so Destination America is just airing a replay which means no additional production costs. It probably costs ten times what it does to produce and air an episode of Impact versus ROH.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I'm telling you, read the book! You'd be surprised on how he felt about doing the gimmick the first few times he was approached.

Which is funny because in a interview he said he approached Vince about it

It did a total of 273,000 viewers between its first airing and its replay, compared to 369,000 for Impact and its replay.

Consider also that ROH's first run was in the same timeslot as NXT on WWE Network and Lucha Underground on El Rey. And ROH's show is produced for Sinclair Broadcast/syndication/streaming, so Destination America is just airing a replay which means no additional production costs. It probably costs ten times what it does to produce and air an episode of Impact versus ROH.

Yeah the deal with ROH is better for Destination America just cause of that, it costs them nothing

Jessicka Havok is currently at a WWE tryout and most likely I would believe the women at TNA excluding Gail Kim would be more likely to get picked up then the men

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I hope Global Force has a good women's division since ROH doesn't have one. WWE's women's division has been a pathetic trainwreck for a long, long time.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There is often a big difference between what a wrestler pitches to creative and the end result.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

The other upside is that the ROH/Destination deal is the main reason why WWE went out and signed Joe to a full term contract.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
There is often a big difference between what a wrestler pitches to creative and the end result.

True but again when well after Crime Tyme has debuted and he's taking credit for creating it.................it way to late to change his mind years later, I'd respect him more if he had the balls to stay owning up to it but this is JTG and he's bitter asshole #1

Just watched the Kushida/Kyle match for the Super Jr final and hot damn that was a awesome match

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Which is funny because in a interview he said he approached Vince about it

Yeah the deal with ROH is better for Destination America just cause of that, it costs them nothing

Jessicka Havok is currently at a WWE tryout and most likely I would believe the women at TNA excluding Gail Kim would be more likely to get picked up then the men
Apparently Havok blew her chances a few years back (Twitter-related stuff).

It's too bad, she would have been a good addition.

Re: other women- I would agree. Like you said, Gail is already out, and Mickie James would be, too (her past with John Cena means she's not coming back), but I would think Terryn Terrell (already WWE-trained), Velvet Sky (mega popular wherever she goes, also would help if hiring Bubba Ray is ever on the table) and Angelina Love would be easy choices. Madison Rayne maybe. And Rebel would be worth considering just to add depth.

Though with Charlotte, Bayley, and Sasha Banks ready to come up ASAP (and Becky Lynch not too far away), spots for Divas might be in short supply.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The other upside is that the ROH/Destination deal is the main reason why WWE went out and signed Joe to a full term contract.

I consider that a major, major downside. I'd much rather see Joe in Ring of Honor, New Japan, Lucha Underground, or Global Force.

Vince will probably change his name to Jamaica Jack and turn him into another Cena clone.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Apparently Havok blew her chances a few years back (Twitter-related stuff).

It's too bad, she would have been a good addition.

Re: other women- I would agree. Like you said, Gail is already out, and Mickie James would be, too (her past with John Cena means she's not coming back), but I would think Terryn Terrell (already WWE-trained), Velvet Sky (mega popular wherever she goes, also would help if hiring Bubba Ray is ever on the table) and Angelina Love would be easy choices. Madison Rayne maybe. And Rebel would be worth considering just to add depth.

Though with Charlotte, Bayley, and Sasha Banks ready to come up ASAP (and Becky Lynch not too far away), spots for Divas might be in short supply.

I wonder what Havok's rando racist/homophobe tweets do to Solomon Crowe since they're dating and he finally made it to "tv"

With so many ladies in NXT ready to be called up I'd say it would be a perfect place ladies like Rebel who all we know is a former Cowboys cheerleader and does the splits on the ropes. Dana Brooke and Eva Marie gotta wrestle somebody

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So maybe having 3 PPVs in 29 days isn't the best idea.

I'd say that one match on the entire card has been set up well- Cena/Owens. That should be pretty interesting, in that I think Owens has to go over clean again.

But the rest of the card, blah.

edit: Powell suggests that Harper/Rowan using the 3D could lead to a Dudleys return and a feud between the two. That would be awesome.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In the Network era, packing "PPV"s might become the norm. They don't have to worry about hurting PPV buy rates with too many shows. Plus, they can draw a much bigger gate with a "PPV" than they can with a Sunday evening House Show. There are still plenty of markets that could support a PPV a year, but only get one every 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
"One of the hottest tag teams in recent WWE history"

Negro STFU
I find it funny and awesome at the same time that we call each other "Mi Negro" or just "Negro" in Colombia and it's not racist in the least but instead very friendly as in "Bubby" or "My Bud"

So yeah, STFU my negro!

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's wrasslin' day again

ROH, Impact (Destination X this week), Lucha Underground, and NXT