There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I was thinking more Barry Darsow.

images

KK.jpg

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Go home show was... okay, I guess? New Day continues to be the highlight of the show for me, Xavier Woods is really good when he's a heel, and seeing Kofi as a heel for the first time (?) is also nice.

Tamina looked great, that superkick looked brutal (Brie sold it well, of course).

Oh, and Neville, damn, that guy is amazing. Quite the rub for him, my guess is he takes the IC title sooner than later (him, Ziggler, and Barrett are the only guys I can see winning it right now, maybe Sheamus).

Too bad about Bryan. Dude was legitimately choked up.

Also decent work from creative in trying to establish Ambrose as a threat to win.

Oh, and Harper and Rowan back together is cool. I guess that means a face turn for Harper so they can feud with New Day soon.

edit: I was impressed by both Noble and Mercury- still pretty solid in-ring. Lot of guys could take a lesson from Mercury on throwing a clothesline. And Noble is fantastic when he gets to talk.

edit again: I know it was stupid, but I cracked up at the Mega Powers. Sandow, in particular, had the mannerisms down perfectly. Really would be nice to see Ascension used better, but at least they got to talk (and goddamn is Konnor terrible on the mic).

edit FUCK ME: Chamber match for the IC title at Elimination Chamber. Gonna go with Sheamus to win, then he feuds with Neville.

WTF- Ray went back to TNA. Huh.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Next week, Axel and Wandow should perform as the Ultimate Maniacs.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I can't help but feel we JUST had a PPV and Payback is up already? Jeez!

I need to get back into the groove of watching New Japan.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I can't help but feel we JUST had a PPV and Payback is up already? Jeez!

I need to get back into the groove of watching New Japan.

I kind of had that feeling and it ended up making me nostalgic for the old days. With wwf, wcw and ecw it felt like there was a ppv every week.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I like how they replay the last 2 weeks before the latest episode.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
That appearance was a one-time deal. He's hinting on Twitter that his next stop may be NXT.

I would have liked to see him go to Global Force. TNA is a shitty company with zero long-term prospects, whereas GF seems to have some interesting goals.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I would have liked to see him go to Global Force. TNA is a shitty company with zero long-term prospects, whereas GF seems to have some interesting goals.

Has anyone signed to GF yet?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I also just tend to think that the Jarretts will tend to run a promotion better than Dixie Carter does, in general.

Jackpot!

Proof is circa 2005/06 TNA.

Dutch running the KO division, Joe/Styles/AJ 3 way joined in progress, the Team 3D 'funeral', world x cup, deep tag roster, jobbers in use...

Fuckin' A- I thought once Kurt joined up, it might really be a viable NWA/WCW style alternative.

What a ball drop.

I've really high hopes for GFW. AWA on ESPN tier, or bust! (Ok, maybe Herb Abrahms UWF on ESPN 2 tier)-but still.
I has hopes.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Do they have official streams of Luca Underground? My local cable service doesn't offer the El Ray Network.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Do they have official streams of Luca Underground? My local cable service doesn't offer the El Ray Network.

I don't know, but see if you get Uni Mas. They show the Spanish-language version of Lucha Underground on Uni Mas. It's on at 4:00PM Saturdays, I believe.

I also don't get El Rey, and while I don't understand Spanish, I love watching the show every week. It helps to DVR it and fast forward through the talking segments. It's kind of a shame to do so, though, because they have an interesting style of production.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
There's complete episodes on YouTube from el rey.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Payback PPV Results: 5-17-15

A -- R-TRUTH vs. STARDUST

The crowd taunted Stardust with "Cody, Cody" chants after the opening bell. Basic house show action early on as the announcers talked up Lawler's new DVD coming out. Truth made a comeback with a faceplant to interrupt the announcers talking amongst themselves. Stardust responded with a swift kick to the face that nearly drew a three count. Another very close two count for Cody, which prompted him to yell at the referee. Meanwhile, the announcers went back to talking about Lawler's DVD. Cody decided to remove his gloves and slap around Truth, which drew an axe kick. Truth followed with a slap to the face, then hit What's Up? for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Truth at 6:50. A tired match formula that the announcers treated like a tired match-up. Just didn't feel like anything was at stake..

B -- DAMIEN SANDOW & CURTIS AXEL vs. THE ASCENSION (KONNOR & VIKTOR)

Axel started things off ripping the t-shirt like Hogan, no-selling, and going for the big boot. But, Ascension cut him off and they isolated Axel in the corner. Sandow finally got a tag and landed offense before Axel low-bridged Konnor out of the ring. Sandow then climbed to the top rope looking for an elbow on Viktor, but Konnor cut him off from the outside. Back in the ring, Ascension double-teamed Sandow with the Fall of Man for the pin and the win.

WINNERS: Ascension at 2:50. So, now what for the faux nostalgia duo after they went all-out for this match? Felt like a throw-away match outcome tucked at the end of the pre-show.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's real-time report).

1 -- SHEAMUS vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER

Before the bell sounded, Sheamus pretended to play nice, but he thumbed Ziggler in the eye. Ziggler snapped on Sheamus as the bell sounded, landing a dropkick, then a clothesline that sent Sheamus crashing down to the floor. Sheamus got up selling a knee injury, then Ziggler nailed a running smash off the ring apron.

But, back in the ring, Sheamus fought back before attacking Ziggler's knee. This prompted Ziggler to roll to the outside selling the knee. Ziggler returned to the ring and promptly took a beating. Sheamus then grabbed an aggressive reverse chinlock trying to take the life out of Ziggler. The crowd to help Ziggler by taunting Sheamus with a "You look stupid" chant. Sheamus, angered, punished Ziggler with kicks and stomps, then posed for the crowd to draw boos.

Ziggler fought back at 5:00 by attacking Sheamus's knee, then he sidestepped Sheamus, causing him to run shoulder-first into the ringpost. Ziggler followed with an aggressive attack before tackling Sheamus to the mat and landing right hand strikes. Ziggler followed with a corner dropkick, then a leaping DDT for a two count.

Sheamus recovered in the corner, then Ziggler had a thought. He lifted his trunks to expose his right butt cheek, then made Sheamus smooch the arse, popping the crowd. Sheamus ran out of the ring to retrieve a bottle of water, selling the spot to the delight of the crowd. Sheamus ran back into the ring and nearly ran right into a loss when Ziggler dropped him with Zig-Zag, but it was only good for a two count. Sheamus recovered, then nearly pinned Ziggler with a sit-out powerbomb.

Reset at 9:30 following an even exchange of close nearfalls. Sheamus got another close nearfall on a running powerslam, then hit White Noise. Sheamus transitioned right into the Texas Cloverleaf center-ring. Ziggler fought the hold, then crawled on his belly and finally reached the bottom rope for a break. Sheamus used the whole five count to inflict more punishment before releasing the hold.

Reset at 11:00. Sheamus taunted Ziggler, telling him to fight back. Ziggler suddenly headbutted Sheamus, then snapped off a superkick, but Sheamus kicked out. Ziggler came up bleeding heavily from the forehead. Heavily. As Ziggler dripped blood, Sheamus lined him up for the Brogue Kick and connected for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Sheamus at 12:20. They had to give Ziggler something - getting Sheamus to kiss the arse - before taking the loss. Ziggler also got the sympathetic vote from the crowd after leaving the ring covered in blood, but WWE has reinforced Sheamus as more dominant than Ziggler two PPV matches in a row. Overall, though, another good match in their recent series. (***)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

2 -- WWE tag champions NEW DAY (KOFI KINGSTON & BIG E. w/Xavier Woods) vs. TYSON KIDD & CESARO (w/Natalya) -- 2/3 Falls match for the WWE Tag Titles

Cesaro started things off with a power display at the expense of Big E., who responded with a lift-up slam on Cesaro to match him. Xavier landed a cheap-shot from the outside, then New Day tried to attack Cesaro in their corner, but Cesaro fought them off and double-stomped Kofi, then Big E. Cesaro followed with a delayed vertical suplex to Kofi. While still holding Kofi in the air, Cesaro tagged in Kidd, who came off the top to complete the suplex for a two count.

Next, Cesaro and Kidd delivered the Big Swing into a basement dropkick on Kofi. Kidd covered Kofi for the pin to get the first fall three minutes in.

*** CESARO & KIDD 1-0 at 2:48 ***

In-between falls, Xavier hopped on the ring apron demanding to enter the match via Freebird Rules. But, Natalya came over to yank down Xavier, leading to Kidd taking out Xavier. Kidd then tried to splash Big E., but Big E. caught him and smashed Kidd on the floor with a big overhead suplex. Cesaro tried to revive Kidd before he returned to the ring, where New Day isolated Kidd and pounded on him. Cesaro was KO'ed during the beat down. Kidd tried to fight on his own, but jumped right onto Big E.'s shoulders, setting up Kofi to kind of hit their combination finisher for a pin.

*** NEW DAY 1-1 at 8:13 ***

The next fall began with Kofi working on Kidd as Cesaro continued to sell on the outside. Cesaro finally returned to the ring apron to take a hot tag from Kidd. Cesaro lit up Kofi with running uppercuts across the ring, which the crowd played along with. Big E. tried to run at Cesaro, but he intercepted him and tried a butterfly suplex, but couldn't quite execute. So, Cesaro dropped Big, then tagged in Kidd, who nearly got the pin.

Chaos followed in and out of the ring, then Big E. went flying over the announce table, nearly taking out Cole. Back in the ring, Kidd & Cesaro had Kofi lined up for victory, including Cesaro nailing a big European uppercut, but Big E. dove back into the ring to break up the pin just in time. The ref tried to get Big E. out of the ring, which allowed Xavier to sneak into the ring, roll up Cesaro with a small package, and score a three count when the ref turned around. The deal was the ref thought Kofi was in the process of pinning Cesaro since Xavier's body was tucked inside Cesaro to hide his identity. On commentary, Cole was indignant about the ref blowing the call as New Day celebrated with the title belts on the outside. Meanwhile, Cesaro, Kidd, and Natalya tried to figure out what happened.

WINNERS: New Day at 12:40 to retain the WWE Tag Titles. The crowd was hot for this match, which turned into getting heat on New Day to make them more than a one-note act playing off the "New ... Day Sucks" chant. Really strong tag match despite the unrealistic first fall. (***1/4)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

3 -- RYBACK vs. BRAY WYATT

The crowd was mixed early on. Interesting lack of support for Ryback - more about people liking the heel, Bray, or not viewing Ryback as a big deal? Ryback put together successive offense for a one count, but ate the ringpost when Bray side-stepped him. Bray then cleared Ryback to the floor and followed with a flying butt splash right to Ryback's stomach. Ryback sold like he lost air and could not breathe. Bray rolled back into the ring looking for a count-out win, but Ryback dragged himself back into the ring just a split-second before the ten count.

Bray capitalized on the match continuing by putting the boots to Ryback, targeting the mid-section. Bray posed over Ryback, which left him vulnerable to a sit-out powerbomb, but Ryback could not secure a pinfall. Ryback tried to respond with a powerslam, but Bray kicked out of a pin. Bray rolled to the outside for a breather, but it was a trap to lure in Ryback to take a big right hand to the jaw.

Back in the ring, Bray worked over Ryback, who suddenly exploded out of the corner with a clothesline, then hit a spinebuster for a two count. More mid-section pain for Ryback, who stood up and vowed to finish Bray. Ryback wanted a suplex, but Bray ran Ryback into the corner. Bray tried to answer with a superplex, but Ryback blocked with headbutts. Ryback then climbed to the top turnbuckle and came off the top with a big splash, popping the announcers. Ryback covered after a rare top-rope move, but Bray kicked out.

Both men sold on the mat at 10:00 as the ref administered a ten count. They came to their feet, and Bray quickly tried Sister Abigail, but Ryback blocked. Ryback wanted Shell-Shock, but Bray grabbed the top rope, then yanked off the top turnbuckle pad in the process of blocking the move. As the ref collected the pad, Bray ran Ryback gut-first into the exposed steel, then dropped Ryback with Sister Abigail, popping the vocal crowd. Bray covered for the win, then posed and laughed maniacally.

WINNER: Bray at 10:54. Interestingly, this crowd was not behind Ryback. One crowd, the effect of Bray Wyatt's "cool factor" as a heel, or a sign of Ryback not getting over as a babyface? Another good match, overall. WWE is definitely continuing the recent PPV trend of making each match - even undercard matches - feel like its own "event" with a clear back-story and reason to invest in the match. Well, in this case, invest in Bray, not so much Ryback. (**3/4)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

4 -- U.S. champion JOHN CENA vs. RUSEV (w/Lana) -- I Quit match for the United States Title

Loud dueling chant of "Let's Go Cena / Cena Sucks" from the crowd. Rusev then yanked the mic from Chioda and yelled at the crowd in his native language. Rusev then spoke in English that half of these people already hate Cena and he should do them all a favor by swallowing his pride and saying I Quit now. "I will spare you the pain," he said. Cena did the Price is Right deal looking toward the audience for his bid. Chioda asked Cena if he wants to quit, then Cena continued to look toward the studio audience. Cena's answer was charging across the ring to kick Rusev in the gut, but Rusev shoved Cena down and over-powered him.

Rusev saw Lana trying to get involved when the crowd picked up a "We Want Lana" chant, so he ran out of the ring, retrieved a chair, and forced Lana to sit down in the chair. The distraction allowed Cena to recover in the ring. The match resumed with a very loud dueling chant that Rusev interrupted by telling the ref to check on Cena. Cena did not answer, pushing the mic away to continue taking a beating. Rusev continued to pound on Cena as the crowd picked up a "We Want Lana" chant. The chant kept going as Cena landed a desperation clothesline to put both men on the mat.

Rusev regained control when they got back to their feet, then Rusev demanded a presentation of Russian colors mid-match. Lana obliged by retrieving the flag and handing it to Rusev, who proudly waved the flag over a fallen Cena. "USA" chant in response, then Rusev handed over the flag and walked right into a shoulder tackle from Cena. Sit-out slam. Cena wanted the Five Knuckle Shuffle, and he connected. Cena tried the AA, but Rusev pushed him off and delivered a big fallaway slam. Lana smiled from her ringside seat.

Cena rolled to the floor to recover, but waved off Chioda asking if he wanted to quit. So, Rusev punished him over and over. "No," Cena said in response to The Question. So, Rusev picked up ring steps and brought them into the ring. Rusev gave Cena a chance to quit, Cena said no, and Rusev whipped Cena back-first into the steps. Cena again refused to quit, so Rusev angrily picked up Cena and smashed him into the ring steps again. Rusev then placed the ring steps in the middle of the ring, flashing back to Cena vs. Brock Lesnar from Extreme Rules. Rusev wanted a power move into the ring steps, but Cena countered with a back drop.

Reset at 11:00 with both men recovering on the mat. Cena landed blows, but Rusev intercepted him coming off the ropes and delivered a big swinging slam right into the ring steps. Cena refused to quit, though. The crowd chanted for Lana, but Cena quickly got their attention by avoiding a stomp into the ring steps, then sending Rusev back-first into the ring steps with an AA. Chioda asked Rusev if he wanted to quit, but all he could do was cough into the mic.

The match continued with Rusev rolling out of the ring as Cena picked up the ring steps. Cena hoisted them in the air, then chucked the steps down toward Rusev, who avoided just in time. Cena gave chase on the outside, where he posted Rusev. Rusev refused to quit, though. Cena then called his next shot of putting Rusev through the gimmicked barricade. Rusev refused to quit, then he turned around and took a charging spear through the barricade, sending Rusev crashing to the ground.

Rusev wanted the match to continue, so Cena started walking around the floor area looking for some equipment cases. Cena tried to wheel a case into Ryback, but he intercepted with a kick to the face. Cena quietly refused to quit, though. So, Rusev beat up Cena in the floor area. Rusev then lightly dropped Cena across a media table, sending a laptop sliding to the floor. Cena recovered from the light attack by kicking around Rusev before re-arranging TV production equipment. Cena cracked a monitor across Rusev's back, but Rusev refused to quit.

Cena then used the laptop across the back, but it wasn't one of those big old 1990s laptops that would have inflicted massive damage, so the match continued. Suddenly, Rusev had Cena in the air to drive him through a media table. Cena was bleeding from the side of his head, but refused to quit. Rusev ranted and raved, then started looking for a weapon that could perhaps kill Cena. Rusev started messing with pyro, then decided he wanted to set Cena on fire. Rusev waited for Cena to get up, then tried to kick Cena into the pyro, but Cena blocked and delivered an AA into the pyro area. The actual landing area was obstructed as WWE set off pyro for dramatic effect. Rusev rolled out of the landing area selling the effects as Lana ran up the entrance ramp selling concern for Rusev's well-being. Rusev eventually came-to, was asked if he wanted to quit, and he dramatically said no.

Cena, unsure what to do now to break the machine, picked up a loose guardrail and approached Rusev. Cena gave Rusev a chance to quit before taking the steel, but Rusev refused. So, Cena charged down the entrance ramp and popped Rusev in the face with the barricade, sending Rusev tumbling down the floor. Rusev refused to quit, then intercepted Cena to back drop him right into the barricade. Cena refused to quit, though, emphatically turning down the request.

The match eventually returned to the ring as Lana slowly walked around the ringside area. Rusev stalked Cena and delivered a big superkick. He said it's over, then slapped on The Accolade. Big pop from the crowd as they sensed Cena in big trouble. Rusev sat down on Cena, but Cena showed fighting spirit powering to his feet and lifting Rusev in the air to drive him into the corner. But, Rusev maintained the hold. A second try, but Rusev maintained the hold. Rusev eventually sat down on Cena's back as the announcers called that his last gasp, giving away the result.

At 25:00, Cena was asked if he wants to quit. Rusev told him to say it, but Cena was out cold. Rusev released the hold, thinking he won the match, but the ref told Rusev that it's not over. Rusev argued, saying Cena is lifeless and cannot say I Quit if he's out cold. Lawler said both guys are right. Rusev then angrily pulled off the top turnbuckle. He then started unscrewing the top turnbuckle. Rusev pulled down the top rope, then rolled out of the ring and retrieved a water bottle.

Back in the ring, Rusev doused Cena with water to try to revive him, then he stalked Cena with the top turnbuckle in his hands. Rusev called for Cena to get up, then he tried a buckle shot, but Cena ducked and put Rusev in the STF with the ropes. Rusev refused to quit as Lana sold concern ringside. Rusev talked in his language to try to block the pain. Lana freaked out ringside, then grabbed the mic and frantically said that he quits. The referee decided on the spot that Lana had the equivalent of Power of Attorney to render a decision for Rusev, so Chioda called for the bell, popping the crowd.

Afterward, Cena received his U.S. Title belt and sold being exhausted from the match. He left the ring and held up the title belt before giving the nod back to the ring before leaving to the back. Back to the announcers, who debated whether Rusev quit in his native language or if Lana made that up interpreting Rusev's native words. Back in the ring, Rusev slowly recovered while staring down Lana, who continued to sell concern.

WINNER: Cena at 27:58 to retain the U.S. Title. Epic, epic, epic battle that just kept building and building with two super-athletes battling each other without giving in. That was a PPV-worthy war to blow off the feud. Well, presumably, since Cena was the one who stressed this as the final battle, but Rusev had a big "out" that he knocked out Cena and Lana gave up for him. Rusev is an absolute monster in the ring and could have an epic match with Brock Lesnar with the right creative background. (****1/2)