offical wwe thread

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I really like Renee Young on commentary. Especially when she just starts making shit up.

Don't know why she didn't get to call R/Evolution. Corey Graves wasn't horrible, but combined with Riley, that was a mess- they provide the exact same thing, and Riley in general is terrible. I have no idea why Riley is still around, basically. I guess is seems like NXT announcing is sort of a roundtable, try to get people some work to see who will eventually go up sort of a deal, but I would think it must be completely obvious that Renee is FAR better than Riley, Graves, or the other guy, as well as Jason Albert (or Byron Saxton).

She seems like she should be the clear heir-apparent to Cole's job. Why not get her on SD as the lead announcer now and take the workload off of Cole a little? As poor as the other options are, I still like the suggestion that I read on Torch a while back- make her and Christian the SD announcing team (eventually, before she gets to take over for Cole altogether). Christian is vastly superior on the mic to anyone that's currently in the announcing pipeline, he'd be worth a shot at color.

edit: she can be pretty hilarious when she throws facts to the wind. I kind of think she may not be allowed to do that on the big shows, which will be too bad.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I were TNA, and I could magically poach one and only one WWE talent, my first choice would Be Renee Young.

She is not only a very entertaining announcer, but the best backstage interviewer since Gene Okerlund.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So, uh, Raw. Was a show last night. Which is about all I can say for it. Was there a single match on the show that wasn't just a rematch of what we've been watching for months now, other than the Total Divas promo match, I mean? So, so boring.

A few things:
-Dean keeps jobbing to Bray over and over and over. Is that going to be part of the storyline? How Wyatt has his number?
-Similarly, I was surprised to see Ziggler go over Harper clean again.
-Similarly similarly, why job Rollins clean to Cena AGAIN? Wow. edit: I forgot Rollins won the cage match, but that was with a SHITload of help. Cena has two clean wins to that extremely tainted win.
-Seeing Paige in a TD match was so sad. Cameron isn't as clueless in the ring as Eva Marie and Rosa are, but she's still really terrible and shouldn't be used as a worker- that match was just silly, even by TD standards, having her and Paige in it as polar opposites in ability. I assume that Paige is going to work those damn TD matches indefinitely, but I'm hoping against hope that Charlotte will come up and take the belt off of Nikki and then feud with Paige instead. Try to do a modern Trish/Lita again and not fuck it up this time (oh, but they would, I have no doubt they would).
-Can't tell if both Lana and Piper both forgot their lines or just one, or neither, that's how bad that segment was. Almost sure Lana did and then Piper had no idea how to save her. It was kind of entertaining in a trainwreck kind of way I suppose.

Anyway, shit is getting ugly.

edit edit: and the way the main ended, goddamn it, just put Ambrose over- having him job but then having him no-sell to immediately go up the ladder to get his heat back, that's so annoying.

Bad booking up and down the show. Don't even get me started on Dustin jobbing to Minibull.

Last edited:

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So, uh, Raw. Was a show last night. Which is about all I can say for it. Was there a single match on the show that wasn't just a rematch of what we've been watching for months now, other than the Total Divas promo match, I mean? So, so boring.

A few things:
-Dean keeps jobbing to Bray over and over and over. Is that going to be part of the storyline? How Wyatt has his number?
-Similarly, I was surprised to see Ziggler go over Harper clean again.
-Similarly similarly, why job Rollins clean to Cena AGAIN? Wow. edit: I forgot Rollins won the cage match, but that was with a SHITload of help. Cena has two clean wins to that extremely tainted win.
-Seeing Paige in a TD match was so sad. Cameron isn't as clueless in the ring as Eva Marie and Rosa are, but she's still really terrible and shouldn't be used as a worker- that match was just silly, even by TD standards, having her and Paige in it as polar opposites in ability. I assume that Paige is going to work those damn TD matches indefinitely, but I'm hoping against hope that Charlotte will come up and take the belt off of Nikki and then feud with Paige instead. Try to do a modern Trish/Lita again and not fuck it up this time (oh, but they would, I have no doubt they would).
-Can't tell if both Lana and Piper both forgot their lines or just one, or neither, that's how bad that segment was. Almost sure Lana did and then Piper had no idea how to save her. It was kind of entertaining in a trainwreck kind of way I suppose.

Anyway, shit is getting ugly.

edit edit: and the way the main ended, goddamn it, just put Ambrose over- having him job but then having him no-sell to immediately go up the ladder to get his heat back, that's so annoying.

Bad booking up and down the show. Don't even get me started on Dustin jobbing to Minibull.

Well we keep seeing the same guys because they have cut the roster down to nothing. I think we have seen the same 15 guys on every Raw for about a month.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Raw is Bore. Raw has sucked since they switched to 3 hours. Who can sit through that shit? Even when it's decent, the lengthy commercial breaks KILL the flow. I think there are 11 commerical breaks in the 3 hours? I read that somehow. Not 11 commercials total, but 11 commercial BREAKS. Just brutal. Especially after watching NXT/Main Event/PPVs on the Network, I've no tolerance for commercial breaks anymore. It's amazing how improved the flow of a show is without breaks.

Well, speaking of the Network, I've been getting more and more into the old Saturday Night Main Events from the late '80s/early '90s. I watched a 1990 edition where I saw Demolition vs. Rockers and Tito vs. Mr. Perfect. Holy crap, were the crowds HOT for the action back then. You forget sometimes how much into it they got. The matches were great and these guys really knew how to wrestle. Especially Tito vs. Perfect. Such an awesome match. By mid 1990 Tito was waning in popularity but even the crowd was popping like crazy for Tito's numerous near falls.

God damn I miss hot crowds. Maybe we've all been jaded or whatever, but crowds today suck. Back in the '80s, people popped for ALL KINDS of shit. I guess people thought it was real then, or at least, it was still very fresh. The product has grown stale and we live in an ADHD generation. There were no BORING chants back in the '80s, and fringe superstars like Tito Santana got fucking huge pops. Wrestling was WRESTLING back then. Nowadays, "superstars" don't even look or feel like wrestlers. They look like (bad) actors trying to wrestle. With the few exceptions of course like Rollins, Ambrose and Ziggler to name 3. The loss of territories to hone one's craft really hurt the industry, as well as the demise of ECW and WCW.

WWE is barely wrestling anymore. It's kinda sad when you think about it.

Anyone who has the Network, watch the July '90 SNME and watch that fucking Santana-Perfecto match. It smokes 95% of the shit we see nowadays.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If you want to see hot crowds check out some of the old WCCW stuff with the Von Erics especially their feud with the Freebirds. Holy shit those Texas crowds were something else. The only times I have seen crowds hotter were during the feuds of Dusty and Ric Flair, I have never seem somebody just pour charisma like Dusty Rhodes does.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
It's hilarious to me that now the E is activily using NXT as the face of the network

Screw trying to fix the main shows get them hooked on NXT and then get sad knowing that if you watch the main roster shows prepare for disappointment

Also Uhaa Nation might really be signing with the E, if he does oh man NXT just got awesomer

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Some notes and quotes...

- If you've been wondering what happened to AJ Lee, that injury angle they ran after the TLC pay-per-view (PPV) back on Dec. 14 was a television write off. Yes, her getting TOXIC PINKEYE, as the report stated, was meant to lead to a hiatus.

That's according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended). The report states AJ was working hurt but made sure to finish up her program with Nikki Bella before taking off. There was also apparently a plan in place to do a much more significant injury write off angle but that was scrapped in favor of Nikki spraying something in AJ's eyes.

Yeah.

Considering her marriage to recent UFC signee CM Punk, not to mention seemingly never ending rumors of her pending departure, speculation continues that her status with WWE is in doubt. However, the Observer also notes that despite a certain level of discomfort considering the circumstances, she is expected to be back in 2015. There's just no telling when.

- Wrestler Kevin Nash was arrested on Christmas Eve on charges of battery after allegedly getting into a fight with his teenage son, TMZ reports.

Cops arrived on the scene in Florida after receiving a call about domestic violence just after midnight on Tuesday. They noticed blood on Nash's face and took him into custody.

According to the police report, Nash says his son Tristen, 18, had come home belligerently drunk, spat in his face and elbow-checked him. Nash says he pinned Tristen to the ground, which is when his son scratched his face.

However, Tristen claims Nash was yelling at him over his relationship with his girlfriend. Tristen says the wrestler then choke-slammed him to the ground so hard he blacked out.

The police arrested Nash because they believed him to be the "primary aggressor." But two hours later, they received a second call with claims that Tristen had attacked his mother. According to the second police report obtained by TMZ, Tristen's uncle said his nephew had "slung his mom around the kitchen" and tried attacking him as well.

Tristen was arrested for battery. Both Nash and his son are currently being held without bail.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WWE probaly saw what Lucha Underground did with Ezekiel Jackson, and were like "Hey! We need one of those. "

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
He'd be awesome in NXT and then random jobbing black guy on the main roster

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I rewatched Ultimate Warrior's Hall of Fame speech earlier tonight. I had only seen it previously once (live).

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but it's pretty creepy. In his HoF speech he was going on and on about "missing the THRILL of the business." He said "If I could, I would give up a few years of my life to experience that thrill once again."

The next Raw episode, he appears, gets that thrill.

The next day, he passes away.

Eerie enough alone, but when you factor in his HoF quote, it's super eerie.

I know everyone knows about and talks about Warrior's actual Raw promo being creepy since it turned out to be prophetic in some ways

WarriorTribute-500x281.jpg

but his Hall of Fame speech is perhaps just as much so. I had to do a double take when I heard him saying that tonight. He might even have said "I would trade what few years are left of my life for one more thrill" but I can't confirm that as I didn't rewind it. Crazy. Really sad. He goes on to talk about "another story for another day" and "multi-year deal with WWE as an ambassador," and so forth, and then you realize, there are no more days. Once you're gone, you're gone. Your legacy is all that's left.

R.I.P. Warrior. Thanks for the memories and final inspirational words.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
According to Bloody Elbow (and I think via Dave Meltzer), Vince and Hunter think Lesnar is out the door to the UFC when his current contract runs out. So the plan would have to be for him to job to Cena at the Rumble, and then that would throw a few things out of whack for WM, as far as I can tell:

Reigns would still most likely win the Rumble and go on to face Cena, but the matchup isn't as good as if Reigns gets to go over Lesnar in a traditional face/heel match. There's a symbolic passing of the torch, which would be a plus, but going over the "beast" would be better in a lot of ways. There'd also be the danger that some fans would turn on the match since neither guy is over with a certain segment of fans, whereas Lesnar is. Ultimately, Reigns goes over, then gets cashed in on by Rollins the next night or so loses the belt and regains it from Rollins at SummerSlam.

That leaves...
Sting vs. Hunter (obviously) Sting wins

Rollins vs. Ambrose (won't have seen it for a while, and it would be a marquee matchup again) toss it up, anyone can win

Rusev vs. Orton (Orton comes back and says hey, you've beaten all the little fish, now try fighting the legend killer) Rusev goes over to keep him even stronger for Cena at SummerSlam, where he finally takes his first loss.

Sheamus (heel-turned) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Luke Harper vs. Erick Rowan

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale (Cesaro defends his title against all comers, Sami Zayn makes his debut as the last man to enter when it looks like Cesaro is about to have to face both members of The Ascension by himself, c'mon, that would be awesome)

Charlotte (c) vs. Paige for the Divas title

Miz vs. Damien Sandow

And there's the show. Tag titles on the pre-show, I suppose.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
If reigns is the guy, he goes over rusev prior to WM.
Rusev is tricky, I think. Torch and Meltzer have been reporting for months that the plan was for Cena to be the first guy to beat Rusev, at WM.

But, given that Lesnar is likely to be gone, Rusev becomes the biggest wildcard, I think. He's still clearly loved by the brass. I think it's entirely possible that you're right, he could get sacrificed to Reigns- it would be possible to build him back up, especially if they're willing to change course and maybe actually put him over Cena?

But I think he'd be an excellent title feud for Reigns at some point. I'd put him over Cena at SS to set him up as the clear number one contender (he'd have cleared out everyone else at that point) to Reigns, who would have just beaten Rollins to retake the title.

If that were to happen, the feud would be huge, I think- you'd have the new face of the company versus the new killer heel, still undefeated, who had also gone over Cena. Good match to sell Survivor Series on or something. Or it could be drawn out further, whatever. I dunno, I think he's got a real high upside, right up close to Rollins and Ambrose (though not quite, probably- he's better on the mic than you'd think for a guy from Bulgaria, but he's never going to be Ambrose in that respect, and he doesn't have the moveset that Rollins does obviously, but he's got a great look and he's agile for a tree trunk-lookin' dude)- he'd be believable in a top of the card feud.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You stinking anus.

I'll pull you through your anus.

You will speak.

Through your anus.

(Incredible Rusev promo on Main Event.)
You see what I mean? Lol. Plus c'mon, Lana. Lana is great. I assume they'll keep her with Rusev for quite a while, why fix what isn't broken, even though he's perfectly capable, she gets amazing heat.

Holy hell I had no idea AXS is carrying weekly New Japan shows starting in January, and that JR is calling a 4-hour Wrestle Kingdom between them and Global Force. That is good stuff right there.

edit: D-Bry is going to be on Raw to talk about a "crossroads in his life." I'm not as optimistic as Powell is. Here's hoping that he's healthy, but I don't think they'd have him phrase things that way if he was coming back healthy- my guess is he's not getting back in the ring, I would be far more surprised if he is- I see it being another Edge-situation, especially with Edge hosting. I think he may retire. Though Torch thinks it could be storyline-related. But given how he just never could get strength back in his arm, I dunno. Adds some intrigue to Raw, for sure.

Last edited:

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Reigns vs. an exiting Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at WM31 would be a fan repeat of WM20 when the fans murdered both Goldberg and Lesnar.

I see history repeating itself if WWE remains adamant on shoving Reigns down our throat.

Lesnar has picked up a legit fanbase after he conquered the UFC, but if fans know he's leaving then that takes out 90% of the drama/fun of the match, and fans will be quick to chant YOU SOLD OUT. I also envision chants of BORING.

WWE's best bet? Ziggler wins the Rumble. Cena pins Lesnar for the title at RR. Rollins cashes in and wins the belt one minute later.

Rollins retains at Elimination Chamber. Rusev costs Cena. This sets up Rusev and Cena at Mania and clears Cena out of the main event picture.

Then you go Rollins (WWE Champ) vs. Ziggler (IC Champ) to close the show in a title for title match not done at 'Mania since Hogan-Warrior. A guaranteed 4 star match and sure to satisfy the crowd. You throw Reigns vs. Lesnar as a normal match with no titles on the line, and you let it be what it will be. Reigns can go over.

Everyone can be satisfied here.

As for Sami Zayn winning the Battle Royale, I have a better idea. Open the show with Zayn vs. Neville, and let them put on a 15-minute classic that sets the bar high for every other wrestler that night. Hell, I would even entertain making it a 3 way with Steen thrown in. Or a 4 way with Breeze. But definitely Zayn vs. Neville 1 on 1 and let them blow the roof off the joint.

Last edited:

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Here you go Vince, I'll book post-Wrestlemania too.

After Ziggler wins both titles at WM31, the next night on Raw a stipulation gets thrown down that the IC title must be vacated. Ziggler reluctantly gives it up but says it was an honor being your IC Champ and he really plays the shit out of the title, lifting it up further in prominence, ending with "I'm proud I was never pinned for this title. I'm even prouder that I'm now your WWE World Heavyweight Champion!" (huge ass pop, elevates both titles respectively)

A Battle Royal is announced later that night to close out Raw. This puts the IC title in the main event picture for one night, to resurrect some prominence and importance back into the title that Ziggler helped build back up. To play it up even further, have Bret Hart and HBK come out for commentary. Have them play up the IC title during the match and talk a bit about how it was turning point in their careers.

Last man announced for Battle Royal is Chris Jericho.

Last 3 men in the ring: Neville, Zayn, Jericho.

Jericho wins for his 10th historic IC title reign. He's so close to 10 and a legend that I'd give him one last run with the IC belt.

By virtue of Zayn going over Neville the night before at WM31 and being the last man in the Battle Royal against Jericho, Zayn is your #1 contender.

Now you can book a face vs. face program between Jericho and Zayn. Two canadians, one superstar done it all multi platform star versus an up and coming guy who's trying to get there.

Zayn goes over at Backlash or whatever it's called now in a 15 minute classic. Jericho passes the torch and now Zayn is built and taken to the next level of his WWE run.

And that's how you fucking book Sami Zayn/the IC title being a big deal again. And now you can get epic matches of Zayn defending his title against the likes of Kidd, Neville, Steen, Breeze, Kofi, Stardust, and all the other workhorses. Even a guy like Miz Zayn would work great with. Oh, he could have some great contrasting styles matches with Luke Harper for sure.

Jericho gets his awards (10th title run) and he gets to put over the next big babyface of the company. Zayn is bound to be the next Daniel Bryan. In fact, I wager that he will be better even.

Don't mess this up, Vince.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Lesnar's contract is up before WM- he'll job to Cena at the Rumble. So that won't be a problem, having the fans turn on him at 'Mania (and he wouldn't get to main event it if he was leaving).

My thought on Zayn debuting by entering the Battle Royale was to have him sort of save Cesaro from a 2-on-1 beat down, then recreate some of the magic of their classic from a year or so ago, then he would be the last guy Cesaro eliminates to retain his "title" in what would be a face/face finale at that point. Zayn would be crazy over, but he'll be a long way from a belt.

I'd love to see it, yeah, but I don't think there's any way Ziggler is getting the title any time soon.

He'd make for a great feud for Rollins if Rollins gets a decent run with the belt, for sure. I'd be surprised if Ziggler doesn't get the heel-turned returning Sheamus. That's a fresh matchup and would be some good in-ring action, too.

edit: If they're willing to get over the whole idea of forcing Reigns into the main at WM, I really do like Rusev/Cena as the main the best. Rusev has been built up strong enough that he'd work, I think, and he's way over. Either way could set up the Rollins cash-in (try out Rusev as champ for the crowd response, do the cash-in sooner than later if it's not working, cash in on Cena to set up the Reigns/Rollins feud if they'd rather go that way Only problem is if Rusev works out too well, then Rollins cash-in might be near useless, and the whole bridge to Rollins and Reigns is either wasted or drawn out too far).

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
You see what I mean? Lol. Plus c'mon, Lana. Lana is great. I assume they'll keep her with Rusev for quite a while, why fix what isn't broken, even though he's perfectly capable, she gets amazing heat.

Holy hell I had no idea AXS is carrying weekly New Japan shows starting in January, and that JR is calling a 4-hour Wrestle Kingdom between them and Global Force. That is good stuff right there.

edit: D-Bry is going to be on Raw to talk about a "crossroads in his life." I'm not as optimistic as Powell is. Here's hoping that he's healthy, but I don't think they'd have him phrase things that way if he was coming back healthy- my guess is he's not getting back in the ring, I would be far more surprised if he is- I see it being another Edge-situation, especially with Edge hosting. I think he may retire. Though Torch thinks it could be storyline-related. But given how he just never could get strength back in his arm, I dunno. Adds some intrigue to Raw, for sure.

I'm thinking storyline/Total Divas related