offical wwe thread

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
When is Tamina supposed to be back?

That is what the division needs. Especially if AJ is leaving.
Tamina should be back soon, I would think. Seems like it might be entirely possible that Nicki could drop the belt to her, assuming she wins it at SS (though it also seems entirely possible that Nicki will eventually drop it to Brie, which would be really annoying). Though, at the same time, having it on a Total Divas cast member seems like something WWE has tried to avoid... But now I don't know how they're going to avoid that, with all but AJ and Emma pretty much on there (until Charlotte comes up, and, after a while, Bayley).

I could never figure out why Tamina never got used better before. Killer look, real solid in the ring, great lineage. Really seemed like she would eventually take it off of AJ, though I suppose Paige got that spot (look how well that turned out).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Don't forget sasha banks.

They need to get Tamina in for one good run. Especially given that she is older than most of the divas (nearly 37).

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TNA moving to Discovery's Destination America Channel

Impact Wrestling will air on Discovery Communications Destination America channel beginning in January of 2015 (tonight's episode will be the last broadcast on Viacom's Spike TV). No word yet on night or time. There are also no details on additional programming on any other Discovery channels.

(Silver Spring, Md.) - Discovery Communications announced today that it has signed a multi-year deal with TNA (Total Nonstop Action) IMPACT WRESTLING to bring the popular league to homes nationwide on Destination America, the only network dedicated to celebrating the people, places and stories of the United States. Destination America officially enters the ring with its first world premiere of IMPACT WRESTLING in January 2015. The series features some of the biggest names in professional wrestling, including Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley and Gail Kim. The partnership includes the U.S. premieres of additional TNA WRESTLING series and specials and provides Discovery Communications with international broadcasting rights in select regions, to be announced at a later date.

"Our partnership in this uniquely entertaining franchise with TNA IMPACT WRESTLING provides a significant addition to Destination America's programming strategy," said Henry Schleiff, Group President of Destination America, Investigation Discovery, American Heroes Channel, Discovery Fit & Health and Discovery Family Channel. "The enduring, cross-generational enthusiasm of pro wrestling is felt by millions of fans around the country, from coast-to-coast and throughout the heartland. We are delighted to bring this beloved American pastime to the one and only network dedicated to celebrating the unique spirit of the U.S., Destination America."

"Our knockout partnership with TNA IMPACT WRESTLING continues Destination America's mission of bringing our viewers the best of all-American entertainment, and going center ring with one of the world's foremost professional wrestling leagues fits perfectly within our DNA," said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. "Wrestling has created a fiercely loyal, passionate and widespread fan base, and we look forward to being part of the TNA family."

"We are very excited about Destination America being the new network for IMPACT WRESTLING and the partnership with Discovery Communications both domestically and across the globe. Their commitment to promote and grow our brand in innovative and compelling ways was instrumental in knowing we had found the right home," said TNA President Dixie Carter. "Together we will create an experience that takes our fans on a new journey that will push the envelope of technology, including where we take our cameras, going deeper into our superstars' lives and showing the reality of what it takes to create a weekly professional wrestling show, all while showcasing the very best male and female athletes in the world."

Since launching in 2012, Destination America has become one of cable's top five fastest-growing networks*, earning 10 consecutive quarters of year-over-year growth in Prime among P2+. With top series that explore unique American cultures and ways of life - including Mountain Monsters, A Haunting, Hillbilly Blood, Buying the Bayou, Buying Alaska, Ghost Asylum and BBQ Pitmasters - Destination America's programming spans the nation from Alaska, Hawaii and Colorado to Louisiana, West Virginia and communities in between. To find Destination America, the new home of TNA's IMPACT WRESTLING, go to destinationamerica.com/watchda.

TNA is a privately held sports entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn., specializing in TV properties, events, merchandise, music, and the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. TNA annually delivers more than 500 hours of original content to millions of fans around the world.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Before I forget to post it, there's a pretty good interview with Bret Hart regarding the ol' Montreal Screwjob on SI.com. Some details I hadn't seen before.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That documentary he did is easily one of the best wrestling documentaries ever.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Before I forget to post it, there's a pretty good interview with Bret Hart regarding the ol' Montreal Screwjob on SI.com. Some details I hadn't seen before.

Thanks for posting that! I too learned a few new details.

That documentary he did is easily one of the best wrestling documentaries ever.

I've watched it a few times and yes it is slanted in Bret's favor, but you get a really in-depth look into his life, shoot style.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm curious if anyone knows this, but I am watching the divas Monday Night Wars and they never mention Luna. I know she wasn't the prettiest "diva" but she was the only genuine female wrestler at the time of the attitude era. She helped get Sable over the top in the ring. Just wondering if she pissed someone off in the company.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I'm impressed by the amount of quality that gets shoved into one hour of NXT.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Got this from the ComicBloc Forum's Official Wrestling Thread. Interesting theory...

Someone at work had a, quite frankly, amazing prediction for the PPV. Cena turns heel. Here's his evidence:

1) Cena has basically done nothing to help the members of his team, from Ziggler and Sheamus losing their titles to Big Show getting beaten down.

2) He guilt tripped Ryback into, effectively, putting his career on the line for one match, when he just came back.

3) He himself has almost never been in any kind of actual danger during this story - it's all been his teammates getting attacked.

4) Ziggler, Ryback, Big Show, Rowan (via the Wyatt Family) all have had major feuds with Cena in the past.

5) Big Show, Ryback, Sheamus (before he was taken out) could all have laid claim to that #1 contender's spot that Cen wants so much.

And finally - #6. HHH has added the stipulation that all of Cena's teammates are fired if he loses, but Cena is fine. If Cena takes out his own team, he elminates anyone else that could get his title shot (since Orton is out for the time being from Rollins).

Are the WWE writers that clever?!! :scratch:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
That's normal for Cena, remember when Kane was attacking Ryder non stop and he'd show up during the aftermath all "Hey buddy.....you ok?"

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I think a Cena heel turn would be perfectly fine.

The guy isn't doing anything, specifically, that fans are into. He just shows up and it becomes the dueling chants segment. If the crowd were either completely behind him or completely against him, then everything he did would have momentum one way or the other. By going full heel, everyone will hate him and then his presence will be more than a crowd participation gimmick.

I like Cena as a wrestler. Presently, he is a nearly unparalleled talent in WWE in terms of in ring work and mic skills. I think he gets a raw deal from the fans, honestly. That's mostly on WWWE creative, but Cena unfortunately takes the heat because he's the one that gets the rub from the booking.

CM Punk really should come back, even though I know that's unlikely to happen any time soon, if ever. I really hope it's just a big work. His continued presence in the WWE video games (having a showcase feud in 2K15) and his merchandise being sold by WWE are good signs for me, though.

Trey, who is your avvvie? She is hot as hell.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The whole IWC would love to see something like that but I doubt they'd risk the mech sales with the kiddies if they had him turn heel so close to Christmas. I agree with what that article said. He's never been in danger, just his whole team and not once has he come out to help. I know they aren't dumb not to read what people are saying but you see how they've buttered him up by making him the poster boy for the new video game and how he keeps getting number 1 contender spots even though he lost that contract match. They could be trying something different. Have Cena go to the darkside then have it so when Orton comes back he'll be a face again since Cena will be in HHH's pocket. I really hope they can pull one off on us tomorrow night, we'll have to wait and see.

Edit. I would also love to see Punk make a comeback but I think it's over. In the newest WWE DVD of the Macho Man when he pops up for interviews under his name it says "Former WWE Superstar" unlike on the Monday Night War episodes where it just says, "WWE Superstar"

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
An April story http://www.buzzfeed.com/golianopoulos/how-pro-wrestlings-scion-is-fighting-to-make-it-on-his-own

"Would I ever come back? I would never count it out because anything can happen in the WWE,” Shane McMahon

McMahon is a little more subdued when asked if he would still like to run the company one day. “It’s in my blood,” he blurts before pausing to search for the proper response. “I would answer, if I feel it’s the right time and I could make a significant difference, I would consider it.”

Hmm...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Got this from the ComicBloc Forum's Official Wrestling Thread. Interesting theory...

Are the WWE writers that clever?!! :scratch:

Cena won't turn. Especially with numbers down and Vince/Steph/Hunter desperate for profits, the one thing that pretty much can't happen is for the most consistent thing in the WWE, the one thing they rely on... to take a shot in another direction.

Like was said, much as the IWC would like to think a Cena heel turn is a good idea (and sure, we'd all love it), Cena merch still sells through the roof because, as a face, kids and women love him. WWE is as profitable as it is with Cena as the top guy, has been that way for what, not quite ten years? (I know he broke in just over 10 years ago, I'm talking about his run on top).

It's just too much of a risk. WCW had plenty of reason to turn Hogan- he wasn't hot as a face, and there was massive competition coming from WWF. There's no real competition at all, turning Cena would risk driving merch sales lower than they are now. He won't turn, not until he's just not driving numbers as a face, not until Reigns or Rollins or Ambrose is firmly established as the new number one guy, and Cena can be seen as the clear number two guy who doesn't have to put the company on his back anymore.

The TNA thing was pretty interesting, Destination America was the company I was trying to think of. My guess is that a lot of talent will have the option to re-work their deals or become free agents, since there just can't be as much money on the new deal as there was with Spike- I think these guys are most likely to head to WWE:

Kurt Angle: as noted before. I don't think it's likely at all that he'll work matches, since he's a major liability issue with his neck, but he'll get a legends deal or whatever they call those.

Jeff Hardy: almost guaranteed to be priced out at TNA, but may have some serious loyalty to TNA since they've stuck by him through his problems. Still, I would guess that WWE would take him back now that he's been clean long enough, and he'd get a lot of face heat.

Bram: he'd probably have to go back down to NXT to pay some dues, prove he's been humbled a bit. A feud with The Ascension would work well.

EC3: Ditch the Derrick Bateman gimmick, latch onto the newfound cocky heel, and you've got something (he and Bram both seem logical to me since both were originally trained at NXT. Would have to be willing to give them a second chance, but there are positives, there, too).

Taryn Terrell: Similar to the last two, she's a cut that I think they'd like to have back. Plus she's pretty hot and can go in the ring, so she'd work on both the old criteria and the new.

Samoa Joe: this is a very qualified maybe. They've had many chances to sign Joe before, always didn't like his look. But with Danielson, Steen getting over, why not take a shot on a guy who damn well looks like he could kill you?

And that's it. That the really short list. No one else. Much as I'd like to think that Vince and Hunter would grab Roode and Aries and Lashley and Kenny King, they wouldn't. Aries is too small, too much like CM Punk, and they worked him out before (and he refused to do Tough Enough). Roode is too much like Hunter. Kenny King is too small. Bully Ray burned his bridges a long time ago, and WWE has shown zero interest in re-signing him. Gail Kim pretty much nuked her WWE bridges. Magnus, um, no, he's John Cena's stalker's baby daddy. Lashley is Lesnar-lite.

Least they're still going to be in business.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
They could pick up Kenny King as they're pushing Finn to the moon at NXT( deservedly so ) and Trips would probably like a do over after the waste that is Xavier Woods. It's Manik/TJ Perkins I fear they'll pass on

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bischoff said that the reason he was able to turn Hogan was because the WCW did not have shit for merchandising.

Both Hogan and the company had so much less to lose.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So no one else thinks the return of the Shane McMahon character makes sense. As the character Shane, he'd just have a few obligations a week to the WWE and still persue his personal businesses. With all Steph's mentioning of a McMahon being in charge, it would be some nice foreshadowing.

I think a the belief of a surge in interest would attract an ego like Shane's too.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Survivor Series (not-so) PPV Results: 11-23-14

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's ongoing report)

1 -- WWE tag champs RHODES BROS. (GOLDUST & "STARDUST" CODY RHODES) vs. THE MIZ & DAMIEN SANDOW vs. THE USOS (JIMMY & JEY USOS) vs. LOS MATADORES (DIEGO & FERNANDO w/El Torito) -- four-way WWE Tag Title match

JBL randomly introduced Rob Van Dam's name by wondering if he's hiding behind the mask of one of the Matadores. "We Want Mizdow" chant as Miz took a beating from un Matador and Sandow sold the effects on the outside. Miz teased tagging in Sandow, but he pulled away to boos. Cody and an Uso battled, so the crowd picked up a louder "We Want Mizdow" chant. Cody teased tagging in Sandow, but waved it off to boos.

Miz finally tagged in Sandow to a big pop, then Sandow prepared to smash un Matador, but Goldust slap-tagged Sandow from behind. Boos. Goldust pushed Sandow out of the ring, then worked on the Matador. Another "We Want Mizdow" chant as the tag champs retained control. "You don't want Mizdow!" Cody shouted. "You want Starrrrrdust." Boos. The pace slowed considerably, so El Torito tried to warm up the crowd while Sandow hung out on the apron interacting with the crowd.

Un Matador tagged out of the match to an Uso, prompting Cole to explain that he was in a state where he was unable to continue and the Usos's corner was closest to him. In any event, the Usos combined for successive butt splash to Goldust. Superkicks followed. No sign of The Young Bucks. The Usos then splashed heels on the outside. Cody avoided the attack, then did his Falling Star splash. El Torito entered the ring to boos and did a splash.

Back in the ring, Goldust cut off un Matador. They waited on the top rope for a while before a Tower of Doom spot was set up. Goldust took the worst of it, Miz re-entered the ring to pin Goldust, but Sandow tagged himself in, and Sandow covered Goldust for the win. Miz sold shock as the crowd popped for Sandow, then Miz grabbed both titles and celebrated with both belts. Miz posed in one corner to boos and Sandow mimicked him (without a belt) to loud cheers.

WINNERS: Miz & Sandow at 15:25 to capture the Tag Titles. The next step toward Sandow eventually breaking free and being his own man. Overall, sluggish match that felt too much like it was Monday night until a strong finish. (**1/4)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

2 -- TEAM NATALYA (NATALYA w/Tyson Kidd & EMMA & NAOMI & ALICIA FOX) vs. TEAM PAIGE (PAIGE & SUMMER RAE & LAYLA & CAMERON) -- Survivor Series elimination match

The story early on was Paige avoiding Layla & Summer Rae, who wanted to tag into the match. Chaos broke out, then Naomi rolled up Cameron for a pinfall to eliminate her former teammate. Alicia then knocked down all three remaining heels, clearing them from the ring to regroup. The crowd got restless, so they targeted Tyson Kidd with "Nattie's husband" chants. Layla was eliminated, then Paige rolled Summer into the lion's den to take punishment from Natalya. Emma tagged in and put Summer in the Emma Lock for a submission, leaving Paige by herself.

Paige, having dug herself a big hole, initially ran away from the fight like a good heel, but then she put up a valiant babyface effort against the opposition. She couldn't overcome the odds, though, and Naomi got the fall on Paige to finally get revenge. Afterward, Kidd jumped in the ring to celebrate and take the shine from Natalya, who eventually joined the other Sole Survivors for a curtain call in the ring.

WINNERS: Team Natalya at 14:35. This was Naomi's night to get revenge on her long-standing opposition. And, it's clear WWE is stretching this show out after putting their top stars in one match. (*1/2)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

3 -- DEAN AMBROSE vs. BRAY WYATT

The two crazy men scrapped early on before colliding mid-ring. Except, Dean got the worst of it, so Bray retained control of the match. Dean made a comeback, then mocked Bray's upside-down pose in the corner. "That's what Bray always does!" Cole nerdily exclaimed, sounding like he was explaining something to an eight-year-old. Ambrose then dropkicked Bray into the ropes before coming off the top with a guillotine leg drop to the back of the head. Dean covered, but only got a two count.

Ambrose wanted a rebound lariat, but Bray had it scouted and dropped him to the mat for a two count. Bray tried a move from the second rope, but Dean moved and rolled up Wyatt for a two count. Rebound Lariat from Ambrose, then he climbed to the top rope for a flying attack that resulted in another two count. Dean tried to follow up, but Bray went Stan Hansen on Bray with a very loud and impactful lariat. Dean rolled to the floor, where Bray dropped him with a uranage into the steel steps.

Bray rolled Dean into the ring, then introduced the Raw TV portion of the match by grabbing a mic from ringside. Bray asked Dean why they're tearing each other apart when they could be ruling the world. Bray said Dean chose his own path instead. Right hand to the face. Bray then went under the ring and retrieved a steel chair. Make it two. Dean grabbed one and was reprimanded by the ref, who vowed to DQ him. Bray told Dean to smash him with it. Apparently he really wants the winner's purse. Dean took the bait and jabbed Dean with the chair, causing the bell to sound for a DQ.

Post-match: Dean dropped Bray with Dirty Deeds into the steel chair. Ambrose left the ring, then went under the ring looking for a table. This appears to be a set-up for TLC next month. In the ring, Dean placed Bray on the table, then came off the top with a big dive through the table. Dean wasn't done, as he yanked out another table. Dean put the clean table on top of Bray, then smashed the table (and Bray below) with the chair.

Dean chucked more chairs into the ring, then he went under the ring again to retrieve a ladder. WWE is really spelling this out for next month. Ambrose slid the ladder into the ring as JBL played the "human being" card on Bray being subjected to Ambrose's antics. JBL demanded security or medics come help. No sign of help, as Dean climbed to the top of the ladder, posed, contemplated matters, and his music played. Cole said Dean Ambrose has buried Bray Wyatt. Refs finally spilled out to get Dean out of the irng while the ringside medic checked on Bray.

WINNER: Bray Wyatt via DQ in 14:00. They've shifted Ambrose into that babyface role of the guy who loses big matches, but does something zany to distract the audience and stand tall in the end. The "free" PPV sure has felt like an episode of Raw thus far. (**1/2)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Well, for the first time since signing up for the WWE Network, I'm disappointed with the broadcast Not so much the matches but the sound has been horrible. Don't know if it's my CPU or not. In either event, this is my last PPV as I'm done with the network. Seen it...done it.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

4 -- ADAM ROSE & A MAN DRESSED IN A BUNNY SUIT vs. SLATER GATOR (HEATH SLATER & TITUS O'NEIL)

Adam Rose did The Miz's bit tagging himself into the match and keeping The Bunny out of the ring. Slater Gator dominated a distracted Rose early on, prompting Bunny to sell concern in the corner. Rose made a desperation tag to The Bunny, prompting Lawler to inform new PPV viewers why a man inside a bunny suit is wrestling. The Bunny then pinned Slater as Rose stood stunned in the corner.

Post-match, Bunny did the trust fall with the entourage, leaving Rose stunned and alone in the ring. Lawler went there about this bit being the same as Miz/Sandow, saying Rose would probably prefer to have a stunt double at this point.

WINNERS: Rose & Bunny at 2:36.

5 -- Divas champion A.J. LEE vs. NIKKI BELLA (w/Brie Bella) -- Divas Title match

Once the bell sounded, Brie remained on the ring apron, drawing A.J.'s ire. Brie then kissed A.J. on the lips, stunning A.J. Nikki dropped A.J. to the mat, then dropped her with the Rack Attack. It was good for the pin and the win. Afterward, Brie seemed pleased by her actions as the announcers equated this to Brie's husband, Daniel Bryan losing the World Title in 18 seconds at WM28 after receiving a good-luck kiss from A.J. Lee. Lawler tried to cover for Brie seemingly turning heel to join Nikki by noting maybe she thinks it will make the last two days of her personal service go easier.

WINNER: Nikki at 0:33 to capture the Divas Title.

The last hour is the main event so I'll be back then for the results. Thank you.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

6 -- TEAM CENA (JOHN CENA & BIG SHOW & RYBACK & DOLPH ZIGGLER & ERICK ROWAN) vs. TEAM AUTHORITY (SETH ROLLINS & KANE & IC champion LUKE HARPER & U.S. champion RUSEV & MARK HENRY w/Triple H, Stephanie, Lana, Joey Mercury, and Jamie Noble) -- Five-on-Five traditional Survivor Series elimination match -- If Team Authority loses, Hunter & Steph are out of power -- if Team Cena loses, Cena's teammates are fired

It was Henry and Show to start things off. Henry sold nervous energy trash-talking everyone in sight. He then returned to his corner for a pep talk from Hunter and Steph. Hunter, full of life and bravado, turned right into a KO Punch from Big Show. One, two, three, and Henry was done. Hunter and Steph sold shock as Show told them to bring it on. Refs helped Henry out of the ring as Hunter bailed to ringside to stare into the arena.

*** Henry eliminated by Show at 0:50 ***

The Authority regrouped with an ambush on Big Show. But, Show fended them off and slapped Seth across the chest. Seth rolled out of the ring as Cole noted Hunter ripped his tie off. They cut to a shot of Hunter sitting in a ringside chair selling dejection and the end of his road. Cena entered for a bit, then Harper and Rowan found themselves in the ring together. No physicality, as Seth decided to tag in to make sure Harper did not make a mistake out of anger.

Ryback tagged in and cleaned house before jackhammering Harper, who slipped out of the ring. Enter Kane, who took punishment from Ryback. Clean tag to Rusev, who slowly entered the ring to square off with Ryback. Ryback got the best of Rusev and wanted Shell Shock, but Kane entered with a big boot. Chaos broke out before Rollins slipped in the ring to Curb Stomp Ryback. Rusev capitalized with a superkick to eliminate Ryback. Fist pump from Hunter. "Yes!" from Stephanie standing over Ryback.

*** Ryback eliminated by Rusev at 8:10 ***

Show entered and wanted a chokeslam on Rusev, but Rusev slipped out and tagged in Harper. Show blasted Harper, but Harper came back with a big dropkick. Enter Rollins, who went after Show. But, Show tagged in Ziggler, who went after the man who took the IC Title from him. Ziggler got over-zealous and found himself on the wrong side of the ring to take an extended beat down. Ziggler fought back and nearly pinned Rusev, but chaos broke out shortly thereafter. Rowan chucked Rollins onto the heels down below, but Rusev KO'ed Rowan. Ziggler tried the Fameasser on Rusev, but Rusev dumped him into a pile of bodies on the floor.

On the outside, Rusev cleared the announce table as Hunter sold concern. Rusev tried a big splash on the Spanish announce table, but Ziggler moved and Rusev ate the floor after crashing hard through the table. The referee administered a count in the background, Hunter panicked, the henchmen couldn't get the big man up, Ziggler returned to the ring at nine, and Rusev was counted out.

*** Rusev counted at 21:00 ***

It was Cena and Kane for the next round. Five Knuckle Shuffle to Kane, then the AA. But, Rollins entered the ring with an off-looking Curb Stomp to Cena. Both Cena and Kane sold face-down on the mat. Tags to Harper and Rowan, setting of a battle of Wyatt henchmen. Rowan hit a big spin kick to the face, but Kane cut off Rowan's momentum. Rollins came out of nowhere with a kick to Rowan, then Harper smashed him with a clothesline for a pin.

*** Rowan eliminated by Harper at 24:14 ***

The match was down to Cena, Show, and Ziggler against Rollins, Kane, and Harper. Cena and Show came together to square off with the heels, but Show turned to Cena and KO Punched him in the mouth. Cena was covered for the next elimination. Show walked over to Hunter and shook his hand, then left the ring, essentially ending his involvement.

*** Cena eliminated at 25:11 ***

*** Show quit around 26:30 ***

With it down to Ziggler representing Team Cena, Stephanie taunted Cena, who quietly got up and walked down the ringside area to the back. The heels picked Ziggler apart as the announcers wondered if Mr. McMahon had anything to do with Show's actions. Ziggler fought back on Kane with a cross-body splash, then hit Zig-Zag on Kane for a pin.

*** Kane eliminated by Ziggler at 29:35 ***

Harper quickly entered the ring with a knock down kick to Ziggler. Harper followed with a superkick, but Ziggler kicked out. Harper followed with a big powerbomb, but Ziggler kicked out again. Hunter freaked out, screaming at Harper to finish Ziggler. This was a flashback to the IC Title change on Raw, but this time Ziggler rolled up Harper and scored a quick three count on a small package.

*** Harper eliminated by Ziggler at 31:35 ***

It was down to Ziggler and Rollins, who hit the ring full of energy blasting Ziggler across the ring, then on the floor. Rollins taunted the ringside fans, then rolled Ziggler back into the ring. Ziggler surprised Rollins with a roll-up, but Rollins kicked out just before three, causing Hunter to nearly lose his mind. Rollins responded with a Bucklebomb, but Ziggler kicked out again. Rollins tried a top-rope Curb Stomp, but Ziggler avoided and hit a Fameasser for a super-close count. Hunter lost his mind again, Stephanie tried to avoid a heart attack, and the wrestlers reset in the ring.

Chaos broke out involving Mercury and Noble, then Ziggler nailed Zig-Zag, but Hunter pulled the ref out of the ring just before a three count. Visual three count for Ziggler, then Joey and Noble entered the ring to assault Ziggler. Ziggler fought them off, though, before knocking the henchmen into Stephanie, who fell down onto Hunter. Ziggler cleaned house, but Rollins caught him with another Bucklebomb. Rollins missed the Curb Stomp, Ziggler hit another Zig-Zag, had another three count, a new ref hit the ring, and Hunter smashed the second ref.

Hunter hit the ring looking to punch the crap out of Ziggler as Cole and Lawler called this pathetic and despicable. Hunter teed off on Ziggler as Rollins recovered in the corner. Hunter then scooped up Ziggler for a Pedigree center-ring. Hunter rolled over Ziggler, then put Rollins on top of Ziggler. No ref, though. Cole told Hunter to just go ahead and call a three count himself. Hunter waved for another ref to come down and there was ol' Scott Armstrong, who's been in Hunter's pocket since the beginning.

Suddenly, lights flashed, a scarecrow was heard, and Sting's image appeared on the big screen. Out came Sting. Hunter freaked out in the ring as Sting made his way out on-stage. Cole said it's the man who has never set foot in a WWE ring before. Sting marched down to the ringside area and punched out ref Armstrong.

Sting entered the ring and squared off with Hunter as the crowd roared. Sting's hair made him look pretty old, by the way. Hunter and Sting kind of circled each other, waiting for the crowd to break into a chant or make sustained noise. "This is Awesome" was the chant they got. More circling. Is the match still going on? Hunter then asked what the heck he's doing here. Sting cocked his head, ducked a clothesline, kicked Hunter in the gut, and Sting dropped Hunter with a Scorpion Deathdrop.

Sting then turned to Rollins's pinfall on Ziggler, which was the longest visual pinfall ever after the long Sting-Hunter stare down. Sting reversed the pin, putting Ziggler on top of Rollins and left the ring. The original ref woke up, returned to the ring, and counted a three count for Ziggler on Rollins. Ziggler wins it for Team Cena, and Team Authority is out of power.

Post-match: Ziggler stumbled out of the ring celebrating the win, then Cena met him on the stage to celebrate on the way to the back.

Back in the ring, Hunter woke up. Meanwhile, Steph woke up ringside and realized what happened. Steph kind of looked around in a daze, then the crowd broke into the "na na, goodbye" chant. Steph entered the ring to join Hunter in defeat. Loud "Yes!" chants. Hunter stood up and looked around the arena as the goodbye song grew louder. Steph tried covering her ears out of anger. "This is not over!" she defiantly shouted while clutching her stomach. Steph shouted that she will not accept this. Hunter was silent as he internally processed this.

"You are fired!" chant from the crowd. Steph shook the ropes like Ultimate Warrior before Hunter tried to calm her down. The trademarks flashed as Steph threw a fit in the ring. Hunter clutched her as the PPV signed off right at the three-hour mark. No post-game show reaction from McMahon since the Network rolled right into the PPV replay.

WINNERS: Team Cena via Ziggler at 43:05. Well, that was a WWE-style main event. It looks like Cena vs. Show is on the table, plus a potential Hunter-Sting match (which will be a challenge considering Sting's physical condition), and there's Cena's #1 contender shot against Brock Lesnar, which will now be a fair shot with The Authority out of power.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So no one else thinks the return of the Shane McMahon character makes sense. As the character Shane, he'd just have a few obligations a week to the WWE and still persue his personal businesses. With all Steph's mentioning of a McMahon being in charge, it would be some nice foreshadowing.

I think a the belief of a surge in interest would attract an ego like Shane's too.

I don't think Shane would come back. He just doesn't seem like he loves the business like Steph does, and it also seems to me that with Steph and Hunter dominating things, there's not as much of a role for him, other than on-screen. He was solid on-screen, and surprisingly decent in-ring (it seemed like he must have taken that aspect quite seriously), but it seems to me, at least, that he just decided that he wanted to do other things and not be in Vince's shadow, so to speak, and, to a lesser extent, Stephanie's.

Re: SS- I was also not loving the show. The Sting reveal at the end made up for a lot of it, as well as the apparent revelation that the bookers are FINALLY going all-in on Dolph Ziggler, but this was a pretty awful show, overall. The tag team match was good, and the Sting thing was good, but man, there were some lousy parts to this, with one major, glaring, awful, awful, awful, awful part in particular.

In brief:

Divas traditional SS match: WTF? Why give them 15 min for this? I guess this counts as a face-turn for Paige, but in this division it's impossible to tell. Bizarre booking. The crowd checked out early on, chanted for Mizdow. Boring as shit. The point, I assumed, was to let Paige and Naomi shine, instead it was to bury the heel team and let Paige look like more of a psycho.

Divas title match: I actually liked this. Brie turning heel is good. Division will be fresher with no AJ. Nikki is actually pretty decent. Whatever.

Tag Title match: easily the best match on the show, with solid booking, good ending. Also sets up more fun with Miz and Sandow. Really good match, damn good work from all 8 guys and Torito. Sandow is so good with any freaking gimmick.

Rose/Bunny Slater Gator: fuck me. Only thing here interesting is who's the bunny? It's clearly still Zayn working the matches- you can tell by that missile dropkick. Per storylines, the prevailing theory I've seen is that it's going to be Darren Young, trying to get even with Titus O'Neill, but that doesn't really seem to work anymore, given the shift in story to Adam Rose, and the body type is clearly way too thin. Ah, well. Make it Justin Gabriel.

Wyatt/Ambrose: really solid match, these guys seem to have great chemistry in the ring... and then THAT ENDING WAS FUCKING TERRIBLE. Um, what? Let's just blatantly wave a red flag that says here, this is on free "PPV" so here, everyone has to pay to see the real match between these two that has a real ending, next month? I mean, fuck whoever booked that. To announce it two minutes later, to not even wait until tomorrow night, that's just hostile to the audience- "we know that at least 75% of you are paying for this, but that's okay, you can pay for it again next month, and for everyone else, you don't get a finish for free! And if you bought a ticket, well, fuck you too!" Worst finish I've seen on a "PPV" in years. Really soured me to the whole show.

Main: Big Show turn was interesting and a good way to eliminate Cena with an out. I liked how Ziggler and Rollins going one-on-one at the end seemed like here it is, these are the two young guys who will carry it for a while. Looks like norton could be right about Sting. Looks very much like Undertaker could be done and Sting may be going against Hunter at WM instead, which would also be pretty cool.

Overall a pretty poor show that I'm kind of surprised was the one that WWE banked on for the free PPV. All of the eggs went in the Sting basket. Looks also like Ziggler is going to get pushed to the moon, which I can't complain about.