Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir (Vanillaware)

geise

Mickey's Coach
Really? You think only 30 fps on ps3. was Dragon's Crown 30fps on ps3 or 60? I only ha e that one on Vita.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
NP.

I have a DVI screen grabber and a neat HDMI to DVI setup, so I can actually grab some videos and post it on youtube or something once my copy comes in.

Likely, the PS3 version will be 720p60hz, or 1080p30hz, and the PS4 version will be 1080p60hz.

A good place to test for slowdown is the Odette boss fight at the end of Gwendolyn's story.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Really? You think only 30 fps on ps3. was Dragon's Crown 30fps on ps3 or 60? I only ha e that one on Vita.

DNS is probably right.
I know one of those was the case with Strider & Guilty gear.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
The PS3 version runs at 60fps, stop spreading misinformation.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I don't think there is any different between the PS3 and PS4 version, other than the PS3 *might* have a bit of slowdown during the heavy sprite times. But I doubt it's even noticeable, the PS3 should be able to handle whatever this game can throw at it.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I dl it for my vita.
I play only tutorial.
it seems very fuller of hard than dc

is there more stuff to remember like menus and sht than in dc or am I more lazy?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The complexity of this game and DC are comparable in an overall sense, but in different ways. I think this game is more straight forward, but the special abilities and setting up the best builds for taking on challenges can get pretty intricate if you decide to specialize like that.

Me, I just equipped the special abilities that I liked the best and just toughed it out. I'm trophy hunting now.

I still think Dragon's Crown is better than this game overall. But this game is a '1-A' to DC's '1'.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I just Platinumed this.

The only difficult trophies to get are because they're time sinks.

The one where you have to eat one of every dish at Maury's diner.
\
The one where you have to get every document/file in the game (many of which require you to complete Maury's diner completely, including exhausting the Bonus XP)

The COMPLETE ending (which you can only see after you've seen all the cutscenes from the Book of Armageddon, including the non canonical cinemas)

In case anyone is looking for help with this, here's the link I used to finish off those last few pesky ones:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...sphere-leifthrasir-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Also, don't read too much into the clues on where the hidden Phozon Prisms are in their description. Just look in the area described for hidden doors/passages. Once I stopped over-analyzing the clues, they were pretty easy to find.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Really enjoying this game. The new shortcuts for the skills is great and encourages combos. I don't even bother with the skills that use MP and just use the pow ones and try to encorporate them into combos with regular attacks and thenn use alchemy for magic attack potions. I can't remember how it was before, but it seems like I'm spending more time levelling up this time around. Would love to see another game like this from VW.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Here's my capture from my PS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpL7SH8D6PQ

It's full 1080p60
I'm very impressed with this enhanced remake.
They made the combat and character building far more complex and enjoyable compared to the PS2 version.

I wasn't able to play all the way to Odette on PS3, but there was zero slowdown on anything in the PS3 version from what I played.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Really enjoying this remaster of odin sphere.Vanillaware really improved the game to make it the definite edition.I know i couldn't go back now and play the PS2 version it was to flawed,begin with.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Think I might sell my PS2 copy. Sure some collector out there will want it.

Also, I wouldn't complain if Vanillaware gave Princess Crown, Grimgrimoire and Dragon's Crown the same treatment as time went on.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Oddly enough, when the original came out, I was tied up in FFXI and nothing else. Glad it got a re-release and I love it so far.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Think I might sell my PS2 copy. Sure some collector out there will want it.

Also, I wouldn't complain if Vanillaware gave Princess Crown, Grimgrimoire and Dragon's Crown the same treatment as time went on.

Princess Crown and Grand Knight History would be sweet. I'm hoping for a PS4 port of Vita's Muramasa too.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Princess Crown and Grand Knight History would be sweet. I'm hoping for a PS4 port of Vita's Muramasa too.

Forgot all about Grand Knight History. I never played it because it's an RPG and the Japanese seemed too insurmountable a barrier for me. I know there's a fan english version out there so I may look into modding my PSP or getting an emulator to try it.

I recently played Muramasa on my Vita and it was great but I'd definitely take a version of Rebirth on the PS4 any day.