Oculus Rift Backers

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Dude, I played it the other night. There is a real sense of presence in that game. It tripped me out pretty bad. I'm really looking forward to playing Raw Data.

I smacked my head on the floor trying to look through the opening in the ceiling in that one part, I had to remind myself of my physical world. Amazing experience, I'm most anticipating portal stories which is coming out the 15th and the vr poolhall game. If you have the room you should definitely play unseen diplomacy, that's some intense presence as well.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'm sure most of you have already heard about this... but in case you haven't:

Tilt Brush

Yet another reason to own a VR headset(this is meant for the Vive though.. not sure if it's Oculus compatible)

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm sure most of you have already heard about this... but in case you haven't:

Tilt Brush

Yet another reason to own a VR headset(this is meant for the Vive though.. not sure if it's Oculus compatible)

It was a pack in for vive, it only works with room scale and motion control so no oculus. I've been doing basic character designs for games in it, really cool to be a part of your drawing.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
MY most anticipated for Summer 2016:

Raw Data - This game takes Space Pirate Trainer to a whole new level with horde-type gameplay. I'm really loving the VO and design of the game. The guns/weapons look ultra cool too.

Waltz of the Wizard - Free to play spell/magic casting experience "game". Be the wizard, Harry.

Giant Cop - You're a real big cop...I mean REALLY big. First day on the job and you have hooligans running crazy in this open world game. Check out the trailer.

Arizona Sunshine - You VS Zombies. The gun mechanics look most interesting. I like the idea of using two hands to hold and reload a shotgun. Yup...

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm currently stuck in vorpx alien isolation, pretty crazy experience. Have you tried dolphin yet?

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I'm currently stuck in vorpx alien isolation, pretty crazy experience. Have you tried dolphin yet?

I want to try "doll scale" Wind Waker, but haven't tried for more than 5 minutes. Got any settings you'd recommend? Also, Isolation would be sick. I've read so much shit talk about Vorpx being no good. I guess thats not the case with Isolation?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I want to try "doll scale" Wind Waker, but haven't tried for more than 5 minutes. Got any settings you'd recommend? Also, Isolation would be sick. I've read so much shit talk about Vorpx being no good. I guess thats not the case with Isolation?

Isolation had full VR support with DK2, so it was designed with VR in mind. Vorpx is just enabling this on the modern VR headsets. You could use an old SDK wrapper for Oculus DK2 as well.

Dolphin is very fiddly at the moment as well, but I did have Mario Kart working from the cockpit. You have to delete the character's head and position the camera in that location. Once you have that done, it's pretty amazing. There are no gauges or anything, but it's pretty fun to drive those tracks in VR.

Also, dont forget PPSSPP VR. PSP games in VR actually work really well. The 3rd person perspective games are perfectly suited for it.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor

I've actually enjoyed vorpx if for no other reason then it has the best virtual theatre. Even if I can't get a great running perfectly in full head trackingode I can load up the virtual theatre and use tridef for a really cool 3d gaming session sans 3dvision software.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Isolation had full VR support with DK2, so it was designed with VR in mind. Vorpx is just enabling this on the modern VR headsets. You could use an old SDK wrapper for Oculus DK2 as well.

Dolphin is very fiddly at the moment as well, but I did have Mario Kart working from the cockpit. You have to delete the character's head and position the camera in that location. Once you have that done, it's pretty amazing. There are no gauges or anything, but it's pretty fun to drive those tracks in VR.

Also, dont forget PPSSPP VR. PSP games in VR actually work really well. The 3rd person perspective games are perfectly suited for it.
Oh man I meant to give ps emu a try and completely forgot, is it cool? Any reccomended titles? I'm about to start either ff7/8/9 in one of the virtual theatre modes since they actually look really decent.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
This guy had one of the first vids on it. You can really see how immersive it is for 3rd person games like Family Guy. First person shooter would probably not be as good. All of the racing games really pop as well.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
But.... but... what about this?

bWXO6iE.jpg

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
One more day for this vive demo release http://www.digitalcybercherries.com. seems extremely relevant to our interests here.

nice, I liked the demo on oculus I tried awhile back.

I also played and very much enjoyed a virtualboy emulator at one point, I haven't played teleroboxer in years, I was happy to see it holds up awesomely..... kinda silly use for a super expensive VR headset but I dug it.

GTX 1070 is in the mail and should arrive monday, then I will finally unbox my vive and try consumer VR for the first time :)

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
nice, I liked the demo on oculus I tried awhile back.

I also played and very much enjoyed a virtualboy emulator at one point, I haven't played teleroboxer in years, I was happy to see it holds up awesomely..... kinda silly use for a super expensive VR headset but I dug it.

GTX 1070 is in the mail and should arrive monday, then I will finally unbox my vive and try consumer VR for the first time :)

Please report back on that 1070, that's my next purchase, that or the 1080.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I got my 1070 and I love it but I am not the best guy for impressions, I am not a huge PC gamer lately and I don't have a 4k display, the 970 honestly did what I wanted with most of the games I wanted to play, 1080p 60fps. The only big difference so far is how much better I can make project cars look in VR.

about the vive however, thank god oculus didn't have stock.... The roomscale/motion controllers really do make the difference! hordeZ is a fucking dream come true, VR house of the dead with dual pistols!? it's as cool as it sounds...

Videogames on a 2d screen are losing the ability to wow me, but all this VR stuff has me excited like I was when I opened up my supernintendo as a kid on my birthday.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I got my 1070 and I love it but I am not the best guy for impressions, I am not a huge PC gamer lately and I don't have a 4k display, the 970 honestly did what I wanted with most of the games I wanted to play, 1080p 60fps. The only big difference so far is how much better I can make project cars look in VR.

about the vive however, thank god oculus didn't have stock.... The roomscale/motion controllers really do make the difference! hordeZ is a fucking dream come true, VR house of the dead with dual pistols!? it's as cool as it sounds...

Videogames on a 2d screen are losing the ability to wow me, but all this VR stuff has me excited like I was when I opened up my supernintendo as a kid on my birthday.

That's the downside, I haven't played a sit down game in a couple months now they just aren't doing it for me.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
you guys would probably play flight and racing sims standing up at this point. weirdos

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
wheel shopping has been slow and complex. I wish i could just find a G27 at a decent price.

There's a bunch of new wheels out there, but they are not complete setups. Some come with pedals and a wheel, but not gear shift. You can piecemeal a setup together. Thrustmaster wheel, logitech shifter, Saitek pedals.... I'd rather just have a single package.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
It's been a pain in the ass, I need a proper shift and clutch. I was also recommended to get the g27 but they haven't been popping up on CL.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
you know, above I was full of shit, project cars still doesn't run amazingly, alone on a simple track I can drive with some decent graphics, but I still gotta turn it way down to have a race.

Assetto corsa snuck out with a update for the rift however! and revive runs with it flawlessly as far as I can see. It's definitely better than when I used to try to play assetto on the DK2 for a time. The game just feels way better than project cars and while the graphics are a bit chunky with the aliasing turned off due to bugs in vr or something, it's rock solid constantly and still a damn good looking game. I had a good lap going and I fucked up and crashed and destroyed my time, so I got outa my car, pretended to kick the wheel, and walked out into the road with cars whizzing around or through me... it was the best rage quit of all time. Room scale enhances seated if you enjoy just fucking around :)

Also distance snuck a update with vive support out seeming unnoticed to the media, distance is like my favorite game lately and it's totally playable in VR! The game also updated it's controls a bit and most of the game is controlled with the left stick now, you no longer roll with the right stick so it's a little more intuitive when you need jump onto a wall or ceiling. There is a whole new section of the story mode to introduce the new mechanics so it's nice to see some changes finally.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
got a great deal on a G27 wheel. so much fun.