Obtaining and crediting art sources?

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
How have people gone about creating/acquiring art for use on shockbox inserts and what is the best way to credit those sources?

It's not like anyone is selling shockbox inserts for money, but you gotta give credit where credit is due... :loco:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I dont have any direct crediting other than my "credits" section on my site. If I use elements of anyone elses inserts that have been done, I am sure to credit those individuals. This is primarily done with my "re-works" due to the nature of the insert (a re-worked version of a pre-existing one).

If its original work by the developer/manufacturer of the product, i simply keep their respective logos on the art that i use (snk, taito, etc).

this is all just fan-work.

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Very true... I look at it as fan-art that is not for sale and does not impact sales of commercial products (ie, there's no loss/damages that anyone could ever sue you over).

One of the hard things I've had to deal with recently is acquiring high quality artwork. Not all of the MVS carts I buy come with art packs, so it's been tricky to find scans or other high res pics of things to use on inserts.

Well I guess I'll be constantly on the hunt for art packs for a while now :help:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
praedicator said:
One of the hard things I've had to deal with recently is acquiring high quality artwork. Not all of the MVS carts I buy come with art packs, so it's been tricky to find scans or other high res pics of things to use on inserts.

Well I guess I'll be constantly on the hunt for art packs for a while now :help:

join the club :rolleyes: