O.G. AES stick / Neo X stick

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hey guys, are the original AES sticks the exact same as the Neo X sticks as far as the housing goes? I wanting to do some custom paint but don't want to cut up an original stick for this. Just wondering if the neo X has the same size holes for the buttons/ and has the exact same screw mounting tabs for the screws. Like could I take an original AES stick bottom housing half and use the Neo X stick top housing half?

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
The dimensions are all the same however the NGX stick is much cheaper in feel and the quality of the plastic. You can use it as a top half but it might not feel as durable to you.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
IIRC they are the same, I actually have a real Neo joystick assembly in one of my X sticks. I don't remember if the buttons were the same, but I imagine they are (or you could just use 24 mm sanwa or seimitsus anyway.) The plastic on the X stick has a matte finish to it though, I'm not sure if that would affect your painting or not.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The general appearance is more or less the same. The quality of the plastic is vastly different. The ngx stick feels super cheap.