Notable Kickstarter projects

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I found some music from "C-Jeff" the guy who did the soundtrack for Temporus. Maaaaan this guy don't fuck around. This guy totally captured the 16-bit era's music.

Preschtale part 4 is the standout track.
http://c-jeff.com/album/preschtale

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This one really caught my attention. It has both sidescrolling adventure and sidescrolling shooter stages. I'm liking the gameplay and the music(especially the music). The music reminds me a lot of Thunder Force IV aka Lightening Force.

I'm not sure if it will meet it's goal though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firebelly/temporus?ref=category

This one looks interesting. Im not so sure about the genre blending. I want my shooters to be shooters, and my scrollers to be scrollers. Unless it's something like Sigma Star Story.

Most of these make it to Steam if they are any good.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just a reminder for people jumping on Kickstarters:

there is no safety protection for your donated money. If the project ultimately fails, that doesn't mean you are magically reimbursed. There's also not much protection from people taking your money and delivering nothing.
This hasn't happened to me, but there have been several notable board game projects where the person just disappeared.

The worse project I ever backed is still being developed, but it's going on 2 years late.

I would also discourage people from using kickstarter as a pre order system. Many games/projects will make it on their own without you, and you can safely buy the game when it is released. Don't always buy in to the kickstarter exclusives and limted edition stuff. Most of the time those things are for sale again right after the kickstarter ends.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Midora reached funding goal.

Timespinner passed the PS4 port stretch goal and likely to reach the Vita port stretch goal. 13 days to go.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Man, Lavar Burton wants a lot of money. He hasn't aged a day either.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He wants a lot of money, he gets 5 times more than he wanted.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Steel Assault

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_377961407_prev  iew_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Old Thread, I know... but I didn't know where else to post this and I think it would be nice if we had a thread in which we kept making each other aware of/discussed cool KS-projects.

So, even though this uses the good old SNK motto, it's not SNK or game related, it's a book (or rather two...) with rad illustrations set in a cyberpunk environment by Josan Gonzales.

Trailor:

Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1410842311/the-future-is-now-volume-two

This has obviously already gotten a lot of support... but if more people back (60k), there will be digital soundtrack featuring VHS Glitch, Ogre Sound, Bourgeoisie and others... I just hoped to get some attention to this by posting it here :glee:

More from the artist:
http://fsix.es/

I think the trailer is nice btw., he should do some animated stuffs next.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I just hoped to get some attention to this by posting it here :glee:

You certainly got mine, yet I don't like it. But my taste is neither acquired, nor refined. Despite my bias against tho, it was interesting.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
gaming-related: Kind of.

For those who enjoy card games, one of my former First Sergeants was involved in developing a game called "Hull Breach" and is using kickstarter to fund the next expansion to it. Link is below. I've personally never played it, but from all the reviews on youtube and such it's fairly successful. He goes to a bunch of cons to promote it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...efiance-of-dictators-card-game?ref=nav_search

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I know some people on here like what is obviously called "Synthwave" now...
so, for them it might be of interest that currently a film project about the "rise" of that "genre" is being pitched on kickstarter.

Teaser:

I don't know what to think of it, might back it just so it gets made. However all this glorification of the "synth scene" seriously is getting on my nerves. People should just take it down a notch and enjoy the music... I also don't think this is going to be a serious documentary (focusing on interviews, information etc.) but more of a fictions story driven wanna be movie - which is doomed to be cringe inducing.

also: lol, 250€ to get a soundtrack cassette.