Norway women’s beach handball team fined for wearing shorts

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

The Norwegian women’s handball team was fined for “improper clothing” at the European Beach Handball Championships — because they wore shorts instead of bikini bottoms, the Independent reported.

The sport’s governing European Handball Federation confirmed a $1,770 fine — $177 per player — for the sartorial transgression.

According to the rules, women are required to wear bikini bottoms when they are competing.

“The Disciplinary Commission at the Beach Handball EURO 2021 has dealt with a case of improper clothing,” the governing body said in a statement.

“In the bronze medal game against Spain on Sunday the team of Norway played with shorts that are not according to the Athlete Uniform Regulations defined in the IHF Beach Handball Rules of the Game,” it added.

Hope they learned their lesson

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
there is not 1 attractive woman on that team.

Instead of a fine they should have suspended all of them and replaced them with better looking women....that wear bikini bottoms.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
there is not 1 attractive woman on that team.

Instead of a fine they should have suspended all of them and replaced them with better looking women....that wear bikini bottoms.

Moe is confirmed gay.

They’re all cute.

I’m not sure how in this day and age a professional organization could go through with such a ruling. What a joke.

But I guess the American governing body ruled that one runner couldn’t compete in the Olympic because she smoked some weed.

sports r dumb

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
sports r dumb

Even if it does minimize the risks of steroid use, Bigger Stronger Faster is a pretty good movie for the way it looks at how we think about competition and the paradoxes of "performance enhancement."

The WADA guidelines that are applied against THC are clearly nonsensical:

For something to be added to the WADA Prohibited List, it must meet two of the three inclusion criteria: a) it poses a health risk to athletes b) it has the potential to enhance performance and c) it violates the spirit of sport.
In 2011, WADA published a paper in Sports Medicine discussing the reasons marijuana and cannabinoids meet the criteria. Below are excerpts from this publication that address the three criteria:
  1. “Athletes who smoke cannabis or Spice in-competition potentially endanger themselves and others because of increased risk taking, slower reaction times and poor executive function or decision making.”
  2. “Based on current animal and human studies as well as on interviews with athletes and information from the field, cannabis can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sports disciplines.”
  3. “Use of illicit drugs that are harmful to health and that may have performance-enhancing properties is not consistent with the athlete as a role model for young people around the world”.
In 2019, WADA exempted cannabidiol (CBD) from this category. However, all other cannabinoids, whether natural or synthetic, are prohibited in-competition. Even though CBD is permitted at all times, this article explains the legal and anti-doping issues that continue to make these products risky for athletes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
THC laws worldwide would probably not exist but for the US government being lobbied so heavily by farm groups.

Worldwide. Like, Islamic nations even.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Even if it does minimize the risks of steroid use, Bigger Stronger Faster is a pretty good movie for the way it looks at how we think about competition and the paradoxes of "performance enhancement."

The WADA guidelines that are applied against THC are clearly nonsensical:

I can only see the case being made to not allow competitors to engage in competition while high.

Their rules are bonkers.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I agree with moe, half of them probably tucking Mr. Winky.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Performance enhancing shorts. Unsportswomanlike. They probably all smoke marijuana too.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Perfect, that means they're up for anal.

Can't...

type...

witty....

reply....

GAH!!!!!!!!!

Using all strength...

and focus...

not to...

vomit in.....

TERROR....

:sick:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Beach handball is a shit sport. They fucking twirl like Power Rangers before throwing on goal. I couldn’t even make it to the first commercial break.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Moe, would you be interested in a hybrid of the men's version combined with the female's attire?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Moe, would you be interested in a hybrid of the men's version combined with the female's attire?

There is absolutely nothing that could make me interested in these so called "women".

NOTHING.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I play handball on the sand all the time.

grass, pavement, dirt...anywhere really.

in fact, I'm playing it right now as I type.