Nor Cal Fires

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yea, it definitely sucks. I have spent a lot of time in Sonoma, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa etc growing up. My aunt lives in the mountains near Healdsburg. They had a mandatory evacuation last year due to fires, not sure if it will spread towards them again this time or not.

This is the worst year I can remember for smoke in Seattle, and I have lived here 34 years. So many fires burning up Canada and the Northwest this year.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Checked in with the in-laws only to find out they got evacuated but are being allowed back on Thursday, going to be interesting when I visit them over the weekend

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Man that's terrible! Be safe!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
The winds are picking back up on Wednesday and Thursday. Fires are growing and many are still 0% contained. I've been lucky so far, but the news makes this sound like it's just the beginning. Getting worried again. School was cancelled for a week. I feel like many people know bad things are coming.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I have family in the San Diego and inland empire area. So obviously nowhere near there. But all of California has been under drought for what seems like a decade now. I was with family in Temecula when San Bernadino and Camp Pendleton were under fire. So scary stuff for sure. It's tragic with the loss of life. I hope those affected have decent enough insurance to rebuild.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Nor Cal actually got more rain this last winter than in years. Had floods etc...Lake Sonoma was higher than id ever seen it.

As for the fires...
Capture+_2017-10-10-23-08-35.png

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I will you luck in the coming days guys. This is what we deal with up here every year... 1 million acres burned and earthquakes galore, I know the feeling and sympathize.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Thank you! We have fires and earthquakes yearly too, but nothing this close to home. Crazy how 3 hours away feels like another country, but 5 miles away feels like a war zone.

Today i woke up to fake fire maps saying my town was burning. Special place for people who thought that was a funny thing to do.

Saying my prayers and helping some with donations etc.. The smoke is killing my head

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Wow, I hope this can get under control soon. Seeing how much damage has happened in such a short time is horrible to see. I live in the Brentwood/Antioch area and work in Pittsburg. The atmosphere has been hazy and smokey all day. Just a constant reminder of how bad this has become.

Keep us posted

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Light smoke has hit areas in the bay, lot of face masks are being worn

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
You'll be lucky to find quality face masks up here. I bought a bunch and donated most. Hardware stores are sold out. I found them at a paint store.

Update for coverage and help... But this is just Sonoma county
Capture+_2017-10-13-11-30-24.png

We were told to stay off of the 101 freeway if possible because national guard is coming up today. Took my friend who lost everything old Christmas cards for family photos and some wine glasses we got from their wedding. They were very appreciative. Schools are still remaining closed into next week because of air quality. No blue sky in sight up here.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Western winds have the town of Sonoma evacuating
Capture+_2017-10-14-08-02-12.png

Plus new fires above Ledson winery. A dense, dry, forest with little to no access. This ain't over by a long shot.

22405871_10214946045871775_2934466454237809401_n.jpg