Noise Factory's neo geo legacy

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
RotD is one of the most fun fighting game i've ever played!
Some of the backgrounds look very good!
I like Oni/Cassandras stage,the music is very good!One of the best soundtracks i ever heard!

its true that S3 has some repetition but the gameplay is one of the best in the serie IMO, and Matrimelee was one of my biggest surprise back when I got it new when it came out.
Nice and fun games in their respective genre.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I think Sengoku 3 is the best in the series, and probably my favorite beat em up on the system. Love the artistic choices and that combo system.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The music is the best part of Sengoku 3. Love that game.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
By the way does anyone know why Noise Factory seems to have sold copies of their MVS games of the post SNK bankruptcy era with no serial numbers on the labels? I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese copy of Rage of the Dragon's have a serial number on it, and the majority of Western Sengoku 3 releases also appear to have no serial number. I used to think these were repro labels but apparently they actually shipped some this way. Maybe it was later batches? Not that this is important but I just found it curious.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Lots of games don't have serials on the labels. There's no consistency to it. Some, especially older games, have the serial on a separate holographic sticker.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Lots of games don't have serials on the labels. There's no consistency to it. Some, especially older games, have the serial on a separate holographic sticker.
Thanks for sharing that. I wasn't aware.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Matrimelee was stellar. Fucking love that game.

ROTD was fun, but unrefined in certain ways.

Sengoku 3, as much as I want to love it, is a very poorly paced slog of a beat-em-up. Unless you're a master of the combo system, it takes forever to beat enemies.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Like both Sengoku 3 and RotD,specially the soundtracks!
Japan stage in Sengoku 3,the soundtrack is awesome!

RotD is fun game,Love it!
Buddy,Cassandra and Oni's stage,the music is awesome!