No Video for Omega CMVS to Framemeister via Component

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I had no idea that switched existed. It now works fine. Thanks shadowkn55. I think you mentioned you have a framemeister, what sync level do you have set for the Omega?

Any if anyone else is interested a 10 foot mini din 8 extension cable worked just fine with the Omega and Framemeister.

The sync level is variable depending on the tolerance of the tv. I just give a starting point from which to fiddle with the number. Just stick with what works based on your testing. I've seen it go as high as 31 and as low as 12.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Unrelated to the OP, but I have to say component from my Omega right into my LED TV looks brilliant. I might actually prefer the Neo without the xrgb scanlines, but I'll compare once my SCART to xrgb DIN cable arrives.

100Daily

n00b
Sorry to bump a 2 year old thread, but I discovered a trick to get the Omega and Component working with the framemeister. It looks flawless.

First I hooked up my component modded NES to the framemesister, which works fine. For some reason after the Framemeister synced to the NES, it would THEN synch to the Omega. If you turn off the framemeister the setting is lost, and you need to restart the process. If you leave the framemeister on 24/7 it holds the sync.

The component looks just as good as RGB scart when working, but it's a pain to get synced initially. Anyway, hope that helps.

Last edited: