No Video for Omega CMVS to Framemeister via Component

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Hey Everyone,

Just had a quick question. I picked up a Framemeister XRGB-Mini this week and I've having problems with my Omega CMVS.

Over the Omega's component cables I don't get any video signal from the Framemeister. The omega component signal works fine plugged straight into the TV and the omega's composite cables work fine in the Framemeister.

I have turned Auto-Sync Off. Same issue. Some people in other forums have suggested adjusting the sync levels on the Framemeister. The sync level adjustment is greyed out for me no matter what settings I turn on and off. But I'm also not sure if you can adjust the sync levels for component video or if its just for SCART.

Any help would be appreciated. And yes I know, I should be using SCART, but my setup right now doesn't allow for that.

Thanks Guys!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I can help you sort this out over the weekend if you can wait until then. I have a framemeister on hand but I'm knee deep in order fulfillment right now. If anyone else had a similar experience, feel free to chime in until I'm able to check out things on my end.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a picky piece of hardware. Why not try RGB with the framemeister?

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
If I remember correctly, the Framemeister doesn't accept 240p signals over component. Use RGB instead.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I believe you are correct, I've heard several people say their cmvs units do not work over component, but are fine in rgb.

Even if it did work, the xrgbs component in is pretty crap, I never use it.

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Okay so lets say it will just flat out not work over component and I have to use RGB.

I obviously need the RGB/SCART cable for the Omega from Shadowkn55 from his website.

I read somewhere that the SCART cable that comes with the Framemeister is not the one I need.
I think I need a European SCART Adapter like this one, but I'm not sure if this is the right one and if I need the Sync Stripper Version?
http://www.retrogamingcables.com/micomsoft-framemeister-xrgb-mini-adapter--euroscart-with-sync-stripper.html

I will also need a a 10-12 foot male to female SCART extension cable and I'm not sure where to find one. The Omega and Framemeister are in separate rooms.

Am I on the right track here? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You can get a Japanese RGB cable from Quan. Most of us get a Euro scart adapter made because it's generally easier to find Euro scart cables, but Quan sells cables for the Omega either way.

As far as extensions go, it's hard to find extension cables this side of the pond, but you could get a mini din 8 extension cable to plug into the adapter instead. There's a dude that sells them on ebay. There is a possibility of interference though, I'm not sure if the cables are fully shielded. I have used a 6 foot M/M mini din cable with success with my CMVS and Atomiswave.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This doesn't solve your component issues...

But if you have a Framemeister, you gotta go RGB. It's what it's built to work best with. And it looks amazing.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I'd suggest going the Euro SCART route. If you get other consoles on RGB afterwards you can plug them all into a switcher to make things easier.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I still think that cable is shitty since it doesn't have a switch to bypass the sync cleaner. Sometimes raw sync works better.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That cable will work, I'm just saying from a design standpoint that they should add a switch.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
So should I hedge my bet on the raw or the sync stripper?

I'm guessing you are using an LCD TV? If so you probably don't need a sync stripper.

I don't need a sync stripper for my cmvs through the xrgb mini to mine.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm stretched out pretty thin right now and I can squeeze it in if you need help troubleshooting.

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm stretched out pretty thin right now and I can squeeze it in if you need help troubleshooting.

Never got the component situation sorted out. Sounds like it the Framemeister may not accept that resolution over component. Don't worry about it for now. I bit the bullet and already ordered a Euro SCART cable from you. If that ends up working with the Mini Din 8 Pin Extension Cable then I'll be good. I'll post again when my EURO SCART to Framemeister comes in to let you know what happened.

Thanks for your dedication though, you make a fantastic product.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One thing you can try is to use a DVR or similar device that has component input and outputs. If it upscales the 240p to 480i then that might work.

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
One thing you can try is to use a DVR or similar device that has component input and outputs. If it upscales the 240p to 480i then that might work.

Thats a good idea as well. I'm still waiting on my EURO SCART cable from RetroGamingCables in the UK, its been just about two weeks. Hopefully it comes in soon and I can update you guys on my progress.

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Okay, So my Euro SCART cable came in today....And I'm still having issues. When I have the Omega plugged into the Framemeister I initially had an issue where the picture would come and in and out, I was able to fix that by setting the Sync Level to around 17. But the colors are completely off. Everything has a yellow hue to it and doesn't look correct. I messed with the colors settings a bit but nothing I do seems to improve it.

Not sure what I did wrong here. I made sure I got a Euro SCART to Famemeister Cable and a Euro SCART Omega cable? Any ideas guys?

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Pictures of the Issue.

vQd3ZCI.jpg

PcwFdmF.jpg

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Flip the little switch on the back from ypbpr to rgb.

I had no idea that switched existed. It now works fine. Thanks shadowkn55. I think you mentioned you have a framemeister, what sync level do you have set for the Omega?

Any if anyone else is interested a 10 foot mini din 8 extension cable worked just fine with the Omega and Framemeister.