No SS5 endings or story lines in english!!

Rick

Crazed Addict,
As far as language goes, without a unibios the only languages are english, spanish and portugese. Ive had the game for 3 weeks now, and the only way to see the whole thing is to set the language to Japanese, either in home cart mode (language is available in the options) or boot up as a japanese mvs

The game is great, though.

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
For all those concerned SS5 will work with a phantom1 on your AES system. It will not work in MVS mode only the AES mode works. I just tried it on my brothers modded home system and it's playing fine. At least he can set it to japanese in the options menu.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, that is really too bad. I can't say the game has WOWed me anyway, but this is disgusting to the Americas and European arcade market. This detracts from the fun and will hurt sales. Remember, legal machines in those countries can not play the Japanese games (or use the Japanese BIOS)... so... that means all legit arcade machines in any other region, but Japan, will have a crippled gaming experience. Which is really a shame, since the bulk of SNKPs players these days are in South America....

-Nick

BIG

sony fanboy
No US mode = Sudden and drastic price drop.

I can dig it.

;)

G

galfordo

"This is beginning to remind me of something I stepped in a few days ago - and I don't like the smell of it ....."

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
If I decide to get the English homecart for the English manual and insert at least I have a Japanese system to play it in. So I can get the story but I will not be able to understand any of it because of SNK Playmore lazyness to include English text. I will probably wait to see what the situantion is from other forum members after it is released.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
...honestly, as long as the game plays well I couldnt care less. I normaly play the games in japanese anyway just for authenticity. I'll wait for somebody to translate it on the boards. I understand your guys pain, but I play SNK games for the great game play, not the endings or storyline. Come to think of it the only ending that really threw me back was the God's Power Team in KOF97 (Iori, Kyo, Chizaru). If another ending like that is in the game, then I'd be mad;)

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
SNKP should have handed the game over to SNK USA to add an English translation. With English being a widely used language ( look at G.Rev's Dreamcast game Border Down, where the postgame cutscenes are bilingual ), there's no excuse.
:shame: :shame: :shame:

Whenever the time comes for a US PS2 port of SS5, hopefully SNK USA will make a change in it- specifically, a translated Japanese mode. I don't count on SNKP to make that addition.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Jackal said:
SNKP should have handed the game over to SNK USA to add an English translation. With English being a widely used language ( look at G.Rev's Dreamcast game Border Down, where the postgame cutscenes are bilingual ), there's no excuse.
:shame: :shame: :shame:

Whenever the time comes for a US PS2 port of SS5, hopefully SNK USA will make a change in it- specifically, a translated Japanese mode. I don't count on SNKP to make that addition.
That would be so funny if the much cheaper port had the english language cut scenes and so on whilst the original cart version was left without.......another kick in the teeth to the loyal fans who pay for the snkp employees mortages :)

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Does SNKP believe the US is still a viable market for arcade games?

Their perception that the US is a very much declining arcade market may explain why they are putting more emphasis on consumer titles in the US then MVS.

I think it is all a part of their natural progression toward consumer software for consoles.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
leepantalone said:

Their perception that the US is a very much declining arcade market may explain why they are putting more emphasis on consumer titles in the US then MVS.

I think it is all a part of their natural progression toward consumer software for consoles.

In the US, no, but the South American market is still strong... so not even seeing a Spanish version is amazing. Like I said before, probably the second largest arcade sector after Japan is Mexico/South America.... Oh well...

-Nick

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I have spent the last week with the game in my cabinet, (hoping to complete an official review soon) and I must say that aside from the missing intros and dialogue, the gameplay mechanics of the game rock.

I very much like the button configuration, ease of special moves, and new moves (rolling, lying down, sliding, etc)

The game plays beautifully. I would venture to say that the mechanics and general fun of the gameplay matches the best of the series, and in some ways is better.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
leepantalone said:

I
If so they should just stop making US carts all together then, as surely all the relabelling and packaging must cost extras bucks and just release a japanese cart :)

If playmore reprensentatives were to check this site out, they would know to give what the english speaking gamers want next time.

Last edited:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
yagamikun said:
...honestly, as long as the game plays well I couldnt care less. I normaly play the games in japanese anyway just for authenticity. I'll wait for somebody to translate it on the boards. I understand your guys pain, but I play SNK games for the great game play, not the endings or storyline.
Excellent, I am not alone on this.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
yagamikun said:
...honestly, as long as the game plays well I couldnt care less. I normaly play the games in japanese anyway just for authenticity. I'll wait for somebody to translate it on the boards. I understand your guys pain, but I play SNK games for the great game play, not the endings or storyline. Come to think of it the only ending that really threw me back was the God's Power Team in KOF97 (Iori, Kyo, Chizaru). If another ending like that is in the game, then I'd be mad;)

Normally I'd agree, but not with the SS series.

I love my SS character endings, stories, time lines and plots.

The deep and immersive story aspect is one of the reasons why it's my favorite series.

Sure, the gameplay is what really counts, but having an interesting and deep background helped make the series extra special for me.

Last edited:

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I think that everyone in this thread should sign my petition. I am trying to show Playmore that we want English in our "English" releases. So far I have only gotten crap. So quit whining and do something about it.:annoyed:

naitram

The Old Man
I'm also going to have a hard time paying good money for this if you can't change it to English. I play solo a lot and I want the story dammit. That's why I have a modded system, to play in English and still get the blood.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
In case you missed it, the pictoral version of this thread is hiding on page 3 of the differences thread here.

xolik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm not going to shell out $300+ for in incomplete game. Yeah, I know if it's in Japanese it's complete, but what's the point? I really hope Playmore pulls off a last minute change and translates it over. It can't be that hard, can it?

Man SNK has made some pretty piss poor decisions in the past, but this really takes the cake. Editing out an entire story line?!?!?! That is so dumb I can't even fathom it! What the hell were they thinking, who gave the OK for this? Seriously why fork out $335 dollars for what will seem like a lame port. Come to think of it I haven't heard of a game being raped this bad since Shikigomi no Shiro became Mobile Light Force 2. This is going to feel just like playing the Korean version of Samurai Showdown 4.

I was really looking forward to this game, and quite excited about putting down a pre-order but not after this. I sincerely hope that some kind of action is taken very soon to correct this issue. I would not at all mind a delay if they were to correct this issue. Any way I'm done ranting, here's hoping this all works out, even though it is almost certain nothing will be done about the US release at this point.

Criterionradiohead ;)

Last edited:

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
I'm all ready to preorder the AES, and I will the minute they say they've added a proper English translation.....

I mean, this is ass.....and inexcusable ass to boot....:oh_no:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
leepantalone said:
I have spent the last week with the game in my cabinet, (hoping to complete an official review soon) and I must say that aside from the missing intros and dialogue, the gameplay mechanics of the game rock.

I very much like the button configuration, ease of special moves, and new moves (rolling, lying down, sliding, etc)

The game plays beautifully. I would venture to say that the mechanics and general fun of the gameplay matches the best of the series, and in some ways is better.
All the more reason to include fatalities if they're not present and translate the storyline in Engrish.
After 7 year layoff,nothing less than top notch game play mechanics is expected.
-BB

TriShield

Host for Orochi
If this development isn't remedied, I won't be buying this game.

Not new anyways.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
snk just put their "nuts on your chin"