NO serials

Sgt Fox

n00b
I just bought a Metal slug x MVS and the serial numbers were scrached off. The chips are all toshiba and the board says snk. Why would anyone destroy the serials? Also , my japanese SS4:AR has no serial numbers anywehere... The label appears to be official and it also has toshiba chips. I havent opened it up to chack for the snk on the boards though..... Also one of the boards inside the metal sulg x cart has black connectors instead of the normal green of the board.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Sgt Fox said:
I just bought a Metal slug x MVS and the serial numbers were scrached off. The chips are all toshiba and the board says snk. Why would anyone destroy the serials? Also , my japanese SS4:AR has no serial numbers anywehere... The label appears to be official and it also has toshiba chips. I havent opened it up to chack for the snk on the boards though..... Also one of the boards inside the metal sulg x cart has black connectors instead of the normal green of the board.
booooooooooot

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well ops scratched off serials so that they couldn't track carts since it was either illegal or frowned upon to sell carts. The serial number allowed SNK to track the carts.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
but the msX could probably be a boot because the 'connectors' as you put it are black and not green

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
but the msX could probably be a boot because the 'connectors' as you put it are black and not green

I'm not really sure what he's talking about there...

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
The black board was on the non-boots. The scratched serials are a very common thing because people were not allowed to resell the carts. They would scratch the serial numbers so they couldn't be tracked as the guy who resold it.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Heh, you learn something new everyday.

I thought they BURNED off due to excessive plug in times, and that the label was made of paper, and because the serials were punched in, the paper that was punched in burned off...

Sgt Fox

n00b
shit, do the chips in the board go like this:

Parts Side
Solder Side
Parts Side
Solder Side
Arrow on case

or are they different i might have put one of the boards back in upside down