No Man's Sky (PS4)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Tried using search, didn't come up with anything.

Anywho, date is official, June 21st.

I'm ready for Minecraft in spaaaace...ace...ace.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
After seeing the trailer for the game I have been interested ever since. I can't remember if it's coming to PC/Steam but if it is I am going to live in it for quite a while.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
It was definitely the best game Sony showed off at E3 2014. Been interested ever since...this may be the only game actually worth owning for PS4 right now. (sorry, I'm picky...Bloodbourne sucks, too)

Jon

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
wonder if its getting vr support

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I thought this got pushed back to next year?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
that was last year

it is currenty "next year"

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I was hyped... but, 60 bucks is way too much to ask for it.

Magician

20 Year Member
I was hyped... but, 60 bucks is way too much to ask for it.

If it truly is Minecraft in spaaace...ace...ace, and there are around a quintillion planets to explore...I don't think I'll have a problem getting my $60 worth of game.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Is there supposed to be a physical release? Or, just download only?

Obviously, the whole game wouldn't be able to fit on a disk...

Fuck, I just answered my own question...

Jon

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It could be an empty world filled with no content though. I'm very skeptical of open world games if there is no substance. I love Elite Dangerous, but it doesn't force feed you content. You have to get out there and engage in the universe. Some people stall out pretty quick when they realize it doesn't hand you objectives. At least in Elite there is a deep story with a political system and exploration among players, that you can actually engage.

There is a PC version....and beta testers.

NMS, It's not real multiplayer. There is the word multiplayer, and you can see your friends on the map, but there is zero physical contact with other people.

It's not procedurally generated as they say. The content is on fixed locations. There might be some extra stuff that is procedural, but the content is on known locations.

I'm not sure where this "MineCraft in space" is coming from. There is no making bases or living on planets. You fly default ships with no customization to planets to check them out. Grab resources. Hit up some space stations. continue.....

This aint a AAA title with a big team. This is from a successful indie group that historically made a mobile game.

Sure does look pretty though.

fake

15 Year Member
Minecraft in space? I thought it was an action / adventure game, not a building game.

Someone above asked about a PC release. IIRC, it will be exclusive to PS4 for a while but will come to PC eventually.

Magician

20 Year Member
Procedurally generated worlds.

That's the only reason I'm calling this Minecraft in space.

But in all honesty, the gameplay/crafting system probably will be considerably more shallow that Minecraft.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
You can already pre-order the "Explorer's Edition" on iam8bit. It comes with the PC version though. I wish they had one that came with the PS4 version. Been watching this game develop for a while and it looks awesome.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
The main developer did an interview with some enthusiast press and they asked about how often you'd find a cool plentiful planet and threw out like 9/10? and he responded that yeah he's aiming for around 9/10 being empty/boring. Also talked about flying into space for 15 minutes looking for stuff. Think I might pass on this if it requires that much searching to find cool stuff or wait till I have a bunch of time available to goof around. They also go into the basics of the NPC's and that you have to explore the land to learn the language. Sounds pretty cool for the first couple of planets but might be tedious after the 3rd or 4th.

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
wonder if its getting vr support

He was asked this and said his team is too small and it's not a good fit. I wish it was, in its current state it will likely get old really quickly. It's like the mining parts of mass effect without the story or goals. Still cool and beautiful though.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Game looks ambitious but I think it will be boring after you visit a couple of worlds and the initial shock wears off.

Magician

20 Year Member
Digital preorder is up on PS4.

I'm all in.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Bump.

So, some guy (allegedly) bought a copy off of ebay for over $1000. He began, shortly after, posting gameplay videos of it in action. Here's a pretty good article about what happened, with updates: http://kotaku.com/guy-starts-leakin...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

What's been really crazy is, Sony and Hello Games have been filing copyright claims on videos of people merely talking about the game left and right. I happened to post in the comment section of one on Youtube, hit F5, and the video had already been deleted. FYI, there was no footage from this Damien guy anywhere in it.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are on this. I keep wondering if there's some earth-shattering secret that Sean Murray wants to keep hidden until release but, I can't imagine what it is.

Jon

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
well, its a super high profile release by an indie team- they need to keep their shit quiet until release time. its just business.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
really looking forward to this release but it's probably over-hyped for what it is

kill the hype machine now or face hordes of angry under-whelmed neck beards later

fake

15 Year Member
Maybe the big secret is that it blows.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
It's gonna be shite....

Over-hyped and underwhelming...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I'm very interested in the game, but definitely keeping my hopes in check. After all, I was reeeeal excited about Fable and Spore and look how those turned out.

So yeah, Im not gonna day-1 purchase. I'm gonna catch some actual reviews, watch some vids, see how it goes from there.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I wouldn't want this on console, but I'm debating whether to get this on Steam. I can see it filling the 'chill and play something repetitive while listening to music library' niche if it's addictive enough. That having been said, I can also see the possibility of this game failing but then paving the way for a major studio game that steals and refines most of its ideas.