NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Verbatum said:
Anyway, it still seems that no one cares about the the gameplay of this title, and that really is shame. Much less, if the game is even good or not.

I care.

But I think it is already established, that it is a good game. And I think we've gone from despair and anger to hope, so far. The game will soon start shining through. (Once I get my copy! It'll propably arrive friday here to Finland. Damn.)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The gameplay means very little right now. As it stands,SSV has a better roster imo. Yuki removed three original,FRESH characters ..Sankuro,Yumeji and Poppy in favor of three rehashed bosses. I'd rather have the ability to control the characters they removed than the bosses.
Somebody solve this mystery PLEASE!
-BB

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Still I'm not getting something.

Those moves pictured in SSZS official webaite, are SUPERS of FATALITIES?

I mean, sure the ability tu cut/decapitate/etc is gone, but what about the SUPER MOVES?

Thanks for the infos!

G.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
My guess is that those super moves cause each characters special fatality.

I could do without the cutting in half aspect if only I cold have the missing supers.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Spike said:
My guess is that those super moves cause each characters special fatality.

I could do without the cutting in half aspect if only I cold have the missing supers.

According to Arcadia, they are individual Overkills, and not supers. You can also see this by the Rage exlosion.

Personally, I really dig the overkills that are there now! I love how the Background changes and the music with Taiko comes in. The slice, dramatic pause, the shine, and then the spurt! Mmmmm. Good stuff! :buttrock:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Update: Using every debug code except the missing weapon codes (1-4 and 1-8), there are still no fatalities. I believe that it is safe to say that the Debug codes do not affect the violence setting, and that the Soft Dip violence setting can be changed but the changed value cannot be read without locking up the cart.

The only 2 ways to alter the violence setting are a blood code, if it is there, or a different BIOS that allows access to the setting.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
then unless I'm mistaken, this may be good news...doesn't the UniBIOS allow you to boot up in MVS Mode and circumvent the lockup? If that is in fact teh case, then problem solved and Razoola's going to start seeing a huge inflow of orders for the UniBIOS...

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
neojedi said:
Update: Using every debug code except the missing weapon codes (1-4 and 1-8), there are still no fatalities. I believe that it is safe to say that the Debug codes do not affect the violence setting, and that the Soft Dip violence setting can be changed but the changed value cannot be read without locking up the cart.

The only 2 ways to alter the violence setting are a blood code, if it is there, or a different BIOS that allows access to the setting.

I was able to do it without the lock-up, and still no Individual Overkills.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Verbatum said:
I was able to do it without the lock-up, and still no Individual Overkills.
More info please... how did you bypass it, and are you certain that the soft dips are being read? As a test, please change the difficulty level and game timer as well using the soft dips, and see if it is reflected in the game itself.

I did that for every one of my tests, because the timer and difficulty level were the only overt ways to know whether the soft dips had taken effect.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
STILL I CAN'T GET IT?

Is just the final part of the move missing (like the defeated srpite being cutted into pieces) or the WHOLE MOVES are out of the game?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Shito said:
STILL I CAN'T GET IT?

Is just the final part of the move missing (like the defeated srpite being cutted into pieces) or the WHOLE MOVES are out of the game?

Gone and replaced with the generic finishing moves... like run through and slash the opponent in half (same as SS5). The character specific ones were removed.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
nruva said:
Gone and replaced with the generic finishing moves... like run through and slash the opponent in half (same as SS5). The character specific ones were removed.

This is crazy. Period.

Ok, seriously now.

Possibily we need some serious hack job here.

As far as we know, the finalized rom set for the game has the fucking home modelock, thus meaning even using an MVS cart on an AES system will result into nothing, right?

Yet, we know this 'modelock' was added in the final rom set of the game out of a 'popular complaint'...

this possibly mean the beta version has no fucking mode lock at all.

Thus beta -> C-violence on AES?

Possibly someone could burn a specific ROM out of a beta to modify any homecart, just as for 'KOF97 with orochi', etc?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shito said:
This is crazy. Period.

Ok, seriously now.

Possibily we need some serious hack job here.

As far as we know, the finalized rom set for the game has the fucking home modelock, thus meaning even using an MVS cart on an AES system will result into nothing, right?

Yet, we know this 'modelock' was added in the final rom set of the game out of a 'popular complaint'...

this possibly mean the beta version has no fucking mode lock at all.

Thus beta -> C-violence on AES?

Possibly someone could burn a specific ROM out of a beta to modify any homecart, just as for 'KOF97 with orochi', etc?

I already posted this idea on page 2 of this thread (Post #34). I think that it would work, but getting your hands on a beta is easier said than done. Most likely some of the earlier bootlegs of the game will probably be made from betas, so let's wait until we can aquire the chip that way.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
V1.3........................................

finngamer said:
On an other thread someone said that the Debug BIOS can do a tenth of the stuff the Uni BIOS can do. Thegreathopper from London is trying his Uni BIOS out at this very moment. Could take some time though, he'll go through everything.

Both thumbs up, everybody.

Well the game looks excellent for a start...
I have the razoola v1.3 bios fitted and you can play in aes mode jap or usa no problem......
But in mvs mode in jap or usa the game goes to the pink screen....then says this game is authorized for original neogeo mvs board you will be prosecuted for copying this game etc....
You can go in to soft dips and set violence to level 3 but the machine locks up....
I am sure without a shadow of doubt this is something Razoola could over come.....
Apart from that the game looks,sounds and feels loads better than ss0...I would say it is more like SS6.........................................

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
I already posted this idea on page 2 of this thread (Post #34). I think that it would work, but getting your hands on a beta is easier said than done. Most likely some of the earlier bootlegs of the game will probably be made from betas, so let's wait until we can aquire the chip that way.

Still no ROMZ floating around?

drone9

Marked Wolf
Dash no Chris said:
puyo2_dash said:
>芋やのサポート電話しました。
Geddon_jt said:
I just translated via babelfish a prior linked thread. Among other hilarious comments was the following :

> It supported telephoned of the potato and.

Perhaps one of our Japanese resident members could assist with this one, but it appears that this portion is indicating that the poster telephoned the Imoya support hotline. 芋や is Imoya, with the "imo" kanji meaning "potato" -- I'm assuming that this is the name of a business, with the "ya" katakana used instead of the usual "ya" kanji meaning "shop" or "store."

--Chris
lol
you're right Chris, Imoya is a name.
the sentence just says that who ever wrote this, called Imoya's support line.

drone9

Marked Wolf
apparently Imoya is a pun on SNK-P.

puyo2_dash said:
Check This Thread.

http://ww5.tiki.ne.jp/~metoron/

#07/12[月]# 暫定:許るせんぞ芋屋~~~ッッ!!
■[GAME_格闘] 「サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL」の家庭用版は残虐レベル1で固定。どうやっても変更できません。(侍魂零掲示板 家庭用スレより)

早売りでNEOGEO ROM版の「サム零SP」を買った人からの報告によると…

>家庭用ROM、絶命奥義の残虐演出がないんです。
>絶命奥義が決まるとそのまま一閃みたくなります。

>芋やのサポート電話しました。
>「ゲームセンターで残虐表現についてクレームが多数あったので、残虐レベル1固定です。
>どうやっても変更できません」とのことでした。

激萎えな仕様変更をしやがって… ふざけんな芋屋~~~~ッッ!!
あと家庭用版で今回はプラクティスモードがちゃんと作られているようです。これはまあいい変更点なのだが、残虐レベルの件だけはどうしても納得がいかねぇ… もっと柔軟に対処してくれよ!
translation:

tentative: I won't forgive you imoya~~~~!
[fighting game]
it has been decided that the homecart version of 'SS0S" will be set to brutality level 1. whatever you try, you won't be able to change it. (from the SS0S bbs: "homecart prank")

according to reports by people who bought an early release of the SS0S homcart....

>the fatalities can not be performed in the homecart version.
>if a fatality is performed only a flash is seen.

>I called Imoyas support line.
>I was told: "since there have been many complaints about the fatalities at the gamecenters, we set the brutality level to 1.
>you can try whatever you want, that can't be changed."

changing the violence in such a lame way....you must be kidding Imoya!
this time they seemed to have included a proper training mode in the homecart release. this is a change for the good, but still, I can't get why they did this to the brutality level... couldn't you have dealt with it in a more flexible way!?!

(edit: small translation fix)

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
unbelievable...so they really did go out of their way to seal away the fatality factor, and didn't even bother making even a half-hearted notification to the customers prior to purchase...you know, I can even try to understand if the arcades catch heat since it's a public venue, but when you have people purchasing this game for personal use, why in the world would you not give them the choice (and on top of that not even aprise them of the change)? way to go SNKPlaymore, those nice words on the back of the manual say one thing, but your actions seem to contradict them...
:oh_no:

regardless, this game still definitely merits a purchase on its intact qualities and I'm sure we as a NEO community will undoubtedly find a way to circumvent Playmore's best efforts to short-change us on the final release...and I think that says something about us as fans...we know better than anyone what the NEO can do and we go out of our way to bring out the best in it(audio/video mods, BIOS mods, Phantom converters, etc), too bad Playmore couldn't keep up with our level of devotion apparently...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
drone9 said:
"since there have been many complaints about the fatalities at the gamecenters, we set the brutality level to 1. You can try whatever you want, that can't be changed."

That is the most supremely anachronistic and nauseating statement I've ever heard in my entire life. WTF is senator Lieberman doing in a Japanese gameceter? What's this fucker's address? :very_ang:

The more I think about this, the more pissed off I become .... and I'm mostly a really laid back guy. I just had to watch the fatalities video .... :oh_no:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Well, at least you AES people get a nice insert...! It will still look good all minty on your shelf without insertion marks, etc. (just joking...I know there are a lot of AES people who play their games, too). But seriously, if it's a lock out issue and the fatalities are still in the actual boards, someone will find a way around it. Probably sooner rather than later. It is ironic that they planned it in such a way as to specifically work against the debug and unibios chips. That makes even less sense, since modded Neos are even less likely to be owned by those who might be offended. I hope this doesn't make (the still out of reach price-wise) MVS cart even harder to find, eventually.

People always see this kind of thing as "a fuck you to the fans", but I just see it more as being misguided. I still want the game -- badly.