Nintendo DS for $99

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for you Americans.

Quote:
Target was advertising Nintendo DS units for $99, which in fact was a misprint. The good news however is that many stores will still honor the sale if you mention it to them. Don't have a Dual Screen yet? Now's your chance. Offer good until December 12th

This is for anyone who doesnt have one as now you have a reason to buy one. So get your ass into gear and grab one.

http://joystiq.com/entry/1234000563069679/

Original letter

Thanks for your e-mail about The Nintenedo Dual Screen in the 2005 Holiday Catalog. The ad is a misprint, as the price in the system should be $129.99. However, Target is honoring the ad price of $99.99 if you are able to bring in a copy of the catalog. If you have any trouble at the store, have them call us at (800) 440-0680 and we will be able to assist you then. Keep in mind the catalog price expires on December 12th, 2005. We always welcome your questions, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we’re here to help!
Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we’ll see you again soon at Target.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll be scouring my house tonight for that catalog.

Sweet! Thanks for the info.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
BRB!!

Seriously this is my chance!

Edit: umm where's that catalog?

Edit2: I can't find ours. Do you specifically need it? I called one target near me and they said there is not a catalog at all, wtf. I'm trying the other two.

Edit3: OK it was sent out with the paper, we recycled ours already. Crap. Again, do you specifically need to show the catalog to them? Failing that I can call people I know and see if they still have it.

Edit4: Reading through the joystiq article's comments, it seems my best bet is to find a physical copy of the catalogue. Also, someone recommended to take it to Circuit City for a pricematch +10% off... sweet idea!

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
It gives directions to go to target's website so you can do a screen capture, but the price is changed to $129. I bet they did this to stop people from trying to get it for $99.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
OK the plan for tomorrow is to go to circuit city (I called and they will pricematch) with the printout of the captured page. Also, through reading the comments I saw that somebody said that they got a free game with the DS, and they took it back and got a $20 refund. I dunno wtf is up with that but apparently the net price for a DS is $77 if you get that free game and return it.

Either way a brand frickin' new DS for less than MSRP is a very nice thing. Wish me luck y'all. I already have nintendogs, retro atari, ridge racer and mr. driller waiting for their system :)

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
man i hope this works its my bro b-day and he wanted a ds lol. i think i going to try
circuit city first and then if it doesnt work i try bestbuy(good thing i work there :D )
ill report bac if i can get it for 100.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Got my blue DS at Target. I stopped by Circuit City first but they called this Target and it was out of stock and listed for the normal price there so that didn't work, but it's only a $10 difference.