Nintendo Direct, Wed. morning 9am ET/The new New 3DS/3DS XL release dates leaked?

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
yjykv4rruwsgiksguirm.jpg

The flyer above is supposed to be part of the leaked materials from Gamestop marketing. Gamestop's is supposed to be also starting trade-in programs to trade-in older 3DS and 3DSXL's to use toward the new New 3DS/3DSXL apparently beginning tomorrow. The retail chain is also supposed to be beginning to take pre-orders tomorrow if Nintendo announces the date during the Direct press conference. If the ad is correct, that would mean Majora's Mask, Monster Hunter and both of the new New 3DS models releasing on Friday the 13th in February. :multi_co::buttrock:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Day one.

I'll be getting the regular n3DS to replace my launch unit. Can't wait.

Damn XL heathens with their low pixel density. *shakes fist*

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think the opinion around the world is "meh"

wait for special majora's mask edition.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I really want that Monster Hunter 4 so this is going to be very tempting to me.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I don't know if I should jump and sell off while the buy back prices on the current models are high or wait for the special edition ones to come out. A Xenoblade and Majora Special edition would be amazing.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
If the 3d is actually usable this time I'll pick it up. I can't believe they shipped the current 3ds xl in this state. Supposedly the normal 3ds works a little better with 3d angles. If I gave a QA person about 10 seconds with my 3ds xl it would be deemed "Well that doesn't work" and onto the next product...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Hum. I find the 3D to be quite good with the current XL model. No, you can't wrangle it around in the air and still have 3D, but you also don't have to wear glasses.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Hum. I find the 3D to be quite good with the current XL model. No, you can't wrangle it around in the air and still have 3D, but you also don't have to wear glasses.

Maybe it's just me but I just put the slider straight into 2d and play all the games that way. A needless gimmick in my eyes. I'm talking like +/- ~12 degrees of perpendicular to your eyesight is a problem.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I'll wait for the inevitable special editions to get this system. Hoping we see a Xenoblade one.

If they announced region free on the new ones, I'd day one this thing tho.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
If the trade in is good enough I'll drop my regular 3ds to get a new xl one. Nintendo handhelds always suck me in for the latest models.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I would also be down for a Xenoblade themed XL, but I would really like the same Ambassador program they are running in Europe ;)

Hopefully tomorrow's Direct will be a good one. I'd laugh though if this stuff goes live for pre-order once stores open and everything is spoken for in minutes like Amiibos and Major's Mask CE...at least it would match the trend, lol.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm not quite ready to get one just yet. I want to see the inevitable bundles that are going to come out as well as the themed systems and, more importantly, if the improved innards are going to be mandatory to play some truly great games or just graphical improvements.

When I do cave, I'll get the XL but keep my original unit (Zelda theme my gf got me for Christmas, keeping that for the long haul)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
If the trade in deal is fair, I'll swap my current XL for one...I actually did that at Gamestop when the first XL was released.

Does anybody know if MH4 will take advantage of the 2nd control stick - I assume it would, but just wasn't sure.

EDIT: I wonder if they'll have any amiibo news too...such as details on Wave 4 :)

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm not quite ready to get one just yet. I want to see the inevitable bundles that are going to come out as well as the themed systems and, more importantly, if the improved innards are going to be mandatory to play some truly great games or just graphical improvements.

When I do cave, I'll get the XL but keep my original unit (Zelda theme my gf got me for Christmas, keeping that for the long haul)

Yep, it was confirmed when the unit was announced that certain games like Xenoblade will need the new hardware in order to run.

fake

15 Year Member
I've used the 3D on my 3DS XL for maybe 15 minutes total.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
What's special about this new one? Just better 3D capability?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
What's special about this new one? Just better 3D capability?

Better 3D, second joystick ( think c-stick), faster processor for use in select games, and interchangeable faceplates. Also they are switching to mico-sd card.

Edit: And zL and zR buttons.

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
It feels like I just got a 3DS XL. :(

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm going to get one for sure. Not sure if it will be at launch. I think i will wait for a special edition. I already have a xl to play so i can wait. I really hope they announce Yokai watch for the states during tomorrows direct

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Gonna wait for customer reviews to see if there are any design flaws first.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I'm all over this on releas. My 3ds probably gets more play than any other system I have right now.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I don't have a 3ds right now but have been kicking the idea around of getting one. Not sure if I'll rush out and get one, but I will be getting one. I have a few regular ds's that I got from nieces for my kids.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I haven't touched my 3DS XL since Bravely Default early last year. The only 3DS game on my radar is the Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS port. But there's no guarantee that'll get a release stateside. I see no reason to upgrade.