Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I picked one up; fuck it. I already had a Euro version that someone sent me, but this way I'll mod that one and pack it full of games, and leave this American version stock or whatever. They didn't have any extra controllers, but I don't need one. Just thought it was curious that Target had a God damned mountain of NES minis but they said they only got 4 extra controllers.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Simply making a comment about which atari I think is the best is a plea for attention? Please.
Yes.

On topic, the Atari 130XE may actually be the true best Atari system.
The topic is "Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition" so how the fuck is the best Atari system on topic? You are such a fuckin tryhard retro vintage douchebag hipster fagit. Brahs, Atari computers from before I was born. Am I fitting in now? No? How about the Saturn and vinyl? Now do you accept me?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah no luck finding an extra controller here - stopped by 2 GameStops and a Best Buy. Every place has bunch of consoles though.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
There’s a bunch of controllers down this way. I don’t know what they sell for on eBay in the US so it may not be worth it, but I’d be happy to help out any OG members if they want one. It’d be about USD$30

Edit - they’re Euro packaged, if that matters

Last edited:

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I went to Target and the employee there kept calling the NES Classic "the new one". They had like 30 of them around 3:00pm and one of the employees mentioned they were surprised they hadn't sold out already. I bought one, then remembered to go ask about a second controller and found the two employees walking in from the warehouse carrying just two controllers, which I believe is all the stock they received. I asked if they had any available as I noticed what they were carrying and they dejectedly said yes. I'm pretty sure they were about to purchase both of them, but they sold one to me anyway. I know... cool story.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I went to Target and the employee there kept calling the NES Classic "the new one". They had like 30 of them around 3:00pm and one of the employees mentioned they were surprised they hadn't sold out already. I bought one, then remembered to go ask about a second controller and found the two employees walking in from the warehouse carrying just two controllers, which I believe is all the stock they received. I asked if they had any available as I noticed what they were carrying and they dejectedly said yes. I'm pretty sure they were about to purchase both of them, but they sold one to me anyway. I know... cool story.

Prolly hoping to flip, there are some on ebay already that were listed today for lol prices. It's a 10 dollar controller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ni...006090?hash=item1cb08b570a:g:mQ8AAOSwr69bNv0s

fucking scumbags

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I only have happy memories of Golden Axe Warrior, but I’m worried revisting it would be ill advised. When I was a kid I played some bad games as I knew no better, but maybe this one was actually good.

Yeah, I know the feeling. But games that didn't age well are mostly lacking in gameplay or have a lower frame rate than 60 frames per second. This is not the case with GAW. It's also the genre and the style, as 2D sprite-based action-adventures age the least in my opinion.

They weren't made with lush graphics in mind, or technically challenging action sequences. There's no elaborate story that would bore you to death now. They directly address your hunter-gatherer senses, and before you know it, you're hooked again by their simplicity.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I just happened to be in Walmart today and it was kinda weird seeing both he SNES and NES classics actually in stock. No controllers, of course.

madman

yea but then you have to WAIT for delivery.

what if u need that shit right now

Then you gotta longboard to the nearest 24 hour store making sure the chain on your wallet doesn't get caught on any shrubs.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nope, still have the one I got as a kid. How can a NES be overpriced? There are millions of them and it's a shit system with maybe a dozen fun games.

You'd think so.

But I get $50 a piece with a mario/DH game, a gun and two controllers.

Hell, I get $5 a piece for SMB (or SMB/DH or SMB/DH/WCTM). I thought it was crazy to price that game at $5 but they are the first thing to sell.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The top loader on the other hand has slid in price over the past 15 years. Best case scenario, it is going for the same it was back then.

madman

Hell, I get $5 a piece for SMB (or SMB/DH or SMB/DH/WCTM). I thought it was crazy to price that game at $5 but they are the first thing to sell.

Get a real job you pathetic humper. I feel sorry for your kids.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You'd think so.

But I get $50 a piece with a mario/DH game, a gun and two controllers.

Just so you know, no one cares. Only you get enjoyment from your little savings and profits. You may as well keep it to yourself and your family (who also likely don’t care).